found new cheap site for BMS, LiFePO4 & charger up to 18000W

So I got my charger and BMS in today. I ordered the 12 cell 80 amp BMS, and the EP-A charger, 43.8v 8A. I'll report back after I'm done testing everything. But the shipping was fast, the packaging was good, and most importantly the price was right.

UPDATE 1: cell level voltage cutoff set at 2.10 v.

what did you 80a BMS run you?

Did anyone ask about the transfer rates and bleed rates of the BMS modules. They offer the transfer one and resistor bleed type. I am really interested in the transferring one.

They offered me a transfer one but I decided to just get the simpler bleeding one because I'm more familiar with how it works. The max. bleed rate they said they could do was 120 mA, so I went with that. The 1/2W resistors on the board are 27 ohm. I think they may be replaceable with lower resistance without consequence, but I'm going to go with what they said for now.

Just got done doing a discharge / charge cycle. Waited about three hours in between. A full charge measured exactly 10,068 mAH and took 141 minutes with the BMS plugged in.
I think that's pretty good.

I'll do a few more discharge / charge cycles in the coming days to confirm that the pack is being balanced properly.

For now here's a pretty CC/CV curve for everyone to look at, courtesy of my Eagle Tree V3 logger :D
View attachment cccv.png

And the goods:
IMG_4638_640.JPG
IMG_4639_640.JPG

did your charger actually get to 43.5V. i did not realize the voltage on the pack dropped of like that during the final balancing cycle.

that helps to understand a lot.

is the voltage on the data logger correct and can you adjust the voltage up or the current up?

this look nice, especially for the money. i am hoping someone fills us in how the prismatic cells look too.

Did they grind off the text off the fets?!?! I am thinking of get this same board. I wrote them about the transfer boards and he said they transfer at 100ma. Not to exciting. My fear from this cheap BMS boards is they are not truly looking at all the cells voltage for under voltage but a pack level voltage, ie 2.1v per cell verses 21v at output of pack. Any way you could pull one of your balance leads and see if it shuts down the output?

Thanks for the review oofnik !

I still not ordered something from them but hope to do it soon about a 1200W charger and maybe 7x 15Ah 36V battery and 30A BMS on them.

Doc

magudaman said:
Did they grind off the text off the fets?!?! I am thinking of get this same board. I wrote them about the transfer boards and he said they transfer at 100ma. Not to exciting. My fear from this cheap BMS boards is they are not truly looking at all the cells voltage for under voltage but a pack level voltage, ie 2.1v per cell verses 21v at output of pack. Any way you could pull one of your balance leads and see if it shuts down the output?

That's exactly what I did, and that's exactly what it does.
I discharged with a resistive load and monitored the one cell that's consistently the first one to go under, and right as it hit 2.1v the output was cut off. So it's definitely cell level.

magudaman said:
Did they grind off the text off the fets?!?!
Yeah. :x It's annoying.

Good to here. I gotta a big trip coming up but as soon as I get back I am in for a 1200w charger 2x 12s BMS boards, you just can't beat there prices. Dang that is exciting stuff. Thanks for the prompt reviews! :D

Yesterday I charged at 1680W my 2.3kWh pack.. that's so fast!!.. I've reseted the 15A AC breaker of my house electric box two times cause it was into overload!! :twisted:

One day, I may need to plug into the 240Vac instead of 120Vac... 8)

Doc

I've just ordered one of the 1200w chargers or a 13kwh lifepo pack (I won't ever charge off 220v in the next few years)... I'll let you all know how it goes.

Wrote Jack and ordered some stuff today. Seems to be a nice guy, always quickly responds to emails.

48V 10Ah (8081230, prismatic, each cell is rated 3C max. continuous) LiFePO4 pack: 240$

Energy Transfer BMS 16s: 43$

200w EP-J charger: 32$

shipping to Switzerland: 69$

=$384US Dollars, now thats cheap for such a pack and charger :)

I'll let you guys know how everything performs and I could post some pics of the transfer board when I get it.

Achim said:
48V 10Ah (8081230, prismatic, each cell is rated 3C max. continuous) LiFePO4 pack: 240$

$0.50/wh... nice. :mrgreen: If these batts work out and are actually decent we might have to start calling them Jack Packsâ„¢ or something. I too have been very impressed with the communication and willingness to work with my order needs ("what AC voltage input" "need DC +/- leads?" "what v/a settings you want" etc.).

'Course talk is cheap.. we'll see how it develops over time with actual product testing. My chargers ship Monday... :D

Achim, let us know how that 48v pack turns out. I'd love to know what the voltage drop is at 3C, my TSLFP040's hold up really well even up to 5C, it would be nice to have another supplier that can supply packs that have a decent C rate.

Cheers,
Gow.

Allan How about some details then? there are plenty of details of successful transactions with eCity.

was it a commercial problem i.e. business to business or a retail problem?

Details! otherwise it is just hearsay.

There would be plenty of people here that take notice of retailers performance. It matters, after all it is our own hard earned money that we are parting with. I have had only good dealings with eCity. I would like to know where problems can occur with them though.

Hello Allan, thanks for sharing your info. We are warn and will pay attention to that.

I think this is still good that some of it buy charger and that they seems satisfyed. This thread is not about battery but most charger.

Doc

The cheap-o LiPo charger I got from ecitypower ($24, delivered) works fine so far though I've used it just 4 times since it arrived last week. It did have the wrong ac plug on it so I had to cut off the Euro plug and splice on a 120vac US style cable.

-R

Hang on.... Allan.z you've got 4 posts, 3 of which are (without substance) knocking one supplier. your 4th is advertising somebody else????

Can anyone else smell that?

Gow.

But just hang on a second. We don't want to accuse anybody prematurely here. It also sounds like a vendor war to me, but Allan hasn't complained about the chargers, just about loosing money to Jack and bad batteries. Let's hope the battery thing isn't as bad as Allan makes it sound, cause I'm the one who ordered one :D . But I for my part will wait for a judgement until I get the pack. Hmmm...Ok, I got to admit, the evpst.com pics on the "manufacturer" site are the same as on ecitypower... Allen can you give us more details please?

I just ordered a battery from ecity.
It was a 48V 15Ah LiFePO4 with BMS that will deliver 45A continuous 75A peak, supposedly.
and a 300w charger

I hope it comes good so that i can alleviate some worries here. Jack set up the transaction thru ebay for me for 418 shipped to canada.

I am still looking for an infineon controller, does keywin still sell them here? Or should i just get one off ebay? there is a seller there selling them called comcycleusa or something

Anyone know if they are legit?

i think comcycleusa is dirtdad. knuckles sold the infineon controllers but i have not seen him here recently. sure miss him.

you can contact ecrazyman through a pm here on the sphere. look for keywin.

i think his gmail is ecrazyman@gmail.com

Back