Genesis v2100 battery compartment

magna_503

10 W
Just made a quick template for a battery compartment in the triangle. not sure if anything come out of it yet. I'll post pics to work when I get back

This needs to be done.

Seems like almost everything is available for this bike except for a battery solution and proprietary torque arms in case you are tired of waiting for a farfle swing arm.

I just have come up with something viable. Taking ideas fRon the kw bag From teslan. I'll be using 16gauge mild steel. Bend it to the top tube, add bracing and weld up two boxes on each side for batteries. Controller compartment will be on the top tube. I have pics of the 16g sheet metalfolded, but forgot my password to photoshop. So I'll just post it on Facebook soon.

magna_503 said:
Would it store 6s 16ah+ 18fet lyen Controller?
You don't want your controller in an enclosure with the battery.
And it will hold a heckuva lot more than 6S-16AH. Should hold close to 140 18650 cells.

terminus said:
Is this available yet?
Afraid not. Bruce has been in the hospital quite a bit the last few months with heart troubles...

In other news, I did develop some custom torque arms for the V2100.
http://kinaye-motorsports.myshopify.com/collections/accessories-upgrades/products/custom-stainless-torque-arms-for-genesis-v2100-frame

The one time I rode a genesis, it felt like a short frame built for teens. Too small for me, at 5-11. Of course if you are not tall, no problem.

Walmart is known for the Genesis and Mongoose brands as their main suppliers. Both have similar models of bikes.

If you like the V2100, but you want a longer and taller frame, you might consider the 29'r Mongoose Ledge 3.1/3.5 for $220. Every part of it is...Walmart quality. Aluminum triangle, front disc/rear rim brake...Also similar is the 29'r Hyper Explorer....

If you want a rear disc brake from Walmart, there's a significant bump in the price of their selections, all around $400

dogman dan said:
The one time I rode a genesis, it felt like a short frame built for teens. Too small for me, at 5-11. Of course if you are not tall, no problem.

I'm the same height, but my genesis became too big for me once I replaced the forks and rear suspension for longer travel. Now I can just barely stand up in the stand-over. It's actually a pretty large frame at around 19".

What do you guys think about a rear disc brake mount adapter for the genesis v2100? something like the A2Z adapter?
http://www.bigboxbikes.com/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=2514

edit: nvm, it doesn't look like a hub motor axle would be able to fit through that adapter unless you made the hole a bit bigger. here's a pic:
http://www.amazon.com/A2Z-Brake-Mount-Tabless-DM-UNI/dp/B003QREO1A/ref=cm_cr_pr_product_top?ie=UTF8

I have the a2z adapter on mine works great getting a 2nd one for my new v2100. As you say won't work with a hub motor requires QR to work .

That Bike frame is not suitable for a E bike I would not use it there is much better frames , and the quality of componts very low . Look in your local paper craigs list or E bay for a DH bike , keeping in mind you have to put a battery somewhere. Here's what I used I feel battery placement is as important as the motor and elec kit you use .

I'm glad you found a frame you like but that hyperbole is unnecessary. The v2100 is one of the most popular frames for conversion and if it were not suitable we would know it by now. Sure it is mostly popular due to price and you should replace the moving parts but it is still a deal even after that adding a few hundred dollars worth of components.
Plus I would think even if you got some super awesome used bike you would probably be doing much of that anyway. I know I would.

OK, noob here; what are the main problems with including controller in a battery case? Wondering if it is issues I might mitigate?

This thing is supposed to hold 140 18650 cells, and I've only got 30, plus a cig. pack sized controller.

I see BMS-Bat sells an integrated battery/controller enclosure.... not that they are the poster-child for prudence.

Thanks for reply Icewrench.
I'll be watching this thread for the "Controller compartment will be on the top tube" developments.

Sorry guys, I haven't been working on this as I have a raptor that I've been enjoyed riding. Hopefully, i'll get back to working on this sometime this summer.

I am surprised there are not already CAD files somewhere you could use to simply 3D print a v2100 battery compartment.

Back