Giant DH Team GNG 60v Build

Matthew

10 mW
Hi, I'm currently doing my second bike build, so I thought I'd share it with you guys.

So, this is what I started with (a 2002 Giant DH Team I bought on eBay for £300):
$_58-2.JPG
$_58.JPG

Now I'm just waiting for the 60v GNG kit to arrive so I can fit it.

Matthew said:
Hi, I'm currently doing my second bike build, so I thought I'd share it with you guys.

So, this is what I started with (a 2002 Giant DH Team I bought on eBay for £300):
View attachment 1

Now I'm just waiting for the 60v GNG kit to arrive so I can fit it.
hi matey,you have a 100mm bb on the dh team.
will the standard gng kit fit this?
darren

[/quote]
hi matey,you have a 100mm bb on the dh team.
will the standard gng kit fit this?
darren[/quote]

I don't think so, but I'm waiting to see the GNG kit to see what I can do to mod it. I'll post how it can be done, if it works.

Hey
That's a perfect bike for this build!!
Yes, You have a 100mm shell on this bike, but that's a cool thing for this kit....since you can mount a GIGAPIPE 100-148 isis Bottom bracket (often as stock in this bike) with solid trial freewheeling cranks and clear the motor width maintaining a true gravity BB.
WIth an upgrade from the stock mounting plates, you can get the max from this kit with this bike, I think.
There are a pair of beautiful GNG-TeamDH builds I know....
Take a look at this build of a guy from the Italian Forum:
2014220215512_Screenshot_2014-02-10-00-49-40.png

2014220213319_rps20140210_230330-1.jpg

One problem I've encountered is that the bearing on the freewheel doesn't fit over the ISIS axle, will I have to change the bearing, or is there another way I could do it?

So, I decided to put the gng kit on an old bike while I'm waiting for the new mounting bracket, but on the first ride I shaped a link, lesson: don't change gears on full throttle :twisted:
gng.jpg

Back