GiantEV's A2B Metro with Adaptto Mini-E

I got tired of the Crystalyte HS3548 motor overheating (rated at 1200W and I was pushing 4000W through it) so I decided to switch to the MXUS 3000 v2. I took it for a test ride today. The MXUS has way more torque using the same batteries and controller (Mini-E). Also, the MXUS doesn't overheat like the HS3548 did.

My top speed is also a little higher, which is strange because the MXUS has a lower KV. This might be because I have a good tune on the Adaptto for the MXUS and I don't know if the HS3548 was ever tuned with optimal settings. The HS3548 has a KV of 13 (from the ebikes.ca website). The MXUS is a 3Tx21 motor, which is listed as 12 KV in this thread: http://endless-sphere.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=63142&start=800#p989453

I'm very happy with this motor. With a 20" wheel I'm getting around 45mph consistently(48mph max but it may have been a slight downward slope). I ran 10a Turnigy wires to the motor, but the last 6 inches or so of wire going into the motor is the original wire, which looks to be around 12ga.

Here are the two motors side-by-side:
HS3548_MXUS3000v2.jpg

the lower topspeed of the HS3548 must not have been because of wrong controller settings. i more believe the MXUS 3000 is much stiffer (less RPM drop under load) and also more efficient so speed under load is higher.
The phase wires are 13AWG or 2,5mm². thats almost half of the winding cross section which is about 4,1mm on the 3T. however, in combination with the Mini-E and this short section it should hold well.

Thanks, Alex.

madin88,
Yes, if I ever upgrade to the Max-E I will replace that last section of wire like you and Alex have done.

The max temperature I saw in the motor yesterday was 175F, and that was beating on it hard for 6 miles. The wires didn't feel warm but it was also cold out.

the small wheel helps a lot to keep the motor stay cool. also more thrust at given phase amps.

it would be interesting what settings you use on the Adaptto for the 3T mxus? I will power up same motor with Max-E soon :twisted:

dahon.jpgThought i'd join the club

Jetstream
Mxus 3T
Mini-e
An amazing ride, getting used to the fact that the front wheel is pretty much always a couple of inches off the road.

Auto detect seemed to do the job after a few attempts, sooo quiet but would like to fine tune if anyone has any settings to post?
Otherwise ill get the manual out and go through the fine tuning process..

Happy days and Happy NY to all

what a nice folding bike^^

guys, what advanced controller settings you use for the 3T 45h mxus?

anglecorr
ind timing
pwrtiming

Back