Gone Tubing !!.. time lapse fun.

Tubing's a blast. We used to do the Rio Grande at least 4 times a summer. Huge groups, we had about 30 truck tire tubes, and rafted them up to a 15 man navy surplus life raft. The life raft had no room for people, full of beer coolers. So we'd have about 25 shit faced drunk chemistry phd's and grad students floating for a few hours. Some marriages happened as a result over the years.

Big fun, but a miracle there was never a fatality. (especially the drive home) Now it's more sedate and not shit faced drunk, but we do the river in kayaks at least 6 times a year. We have to cram it in though, since they only let the river run about 6 weeks a year now.

Looks like a good time ypedal. Was it cooler there when the sun was not out ? What was the water temp ?

I have a nice creek near me filled with smallmouth bass I like to canoe/kayak , but this summer it's been at flood stage most the time so I have not made it out.

Dogman last week I was out at a buds in Colorado arrowhead hunting over in Del Norte right by the Rio Grande. I think it's the headwaters not sure , but it was flowing nice.

Sucks they have to do that kind of stuff now especially if you have memories when it was not like that ;(.

Nice video Ypedal thanks for sharing.

Water was perfect temperature around 18c or so.. i sucked back about 10 cans of brew and barely got a buzz on, flipped once by accident and smashed a toe pretty good ( she's a purple.. ouch.. ) and sun burned the top of both feet real good ( these feet had not seen sunlight this season yet !! always wearing shoes and biking lol )

The river was flowing very slowly, after 4 hrs we got to a few 100 meters from the finish line and the current literally stopped... we took turns walking on hard bottom and pulling the tube island we had going until a small boat with outboard came around and dragged us the way back.

Going after a hard rain would be better, would flow faster.

And i LOVE my new Gopro !!!

Does your new Go pro shoot straight to time lapse vid? I'd love a camera with that feature. I never found an easy to use free program to make times lapse from a long series of Go pro stills.

Yes, it does !

You can do time lapse individual files ( one picture per file ) or you can set it to time lapse video mode where it bundles all the images into one file on the card ... you can then edit at will, i'm using Adobe Premiere Elements and am starting to get the hang of it.

Back