In defence of Daly BMS - Where you buy your BMS defines the defect rate

The vast majority of dead BMSes I have replaced were attached to batteries that had been shorted across the discharge leads. Most of the rest had gotten wet. I don't doubt that there are some spontaneous failures (especially when the BMS is used to its full rated power), but in my casual observation, these things are really quite reliable.

I guess readership and subscriptions must be dropping off. So forums get this spam and clickbait. Watching some of the YT videos reveals this is no Doctorate candidate. Some pretty silly statements.

That video made me trust DALY less. The failed board he took apart had a lot of the same issue as the one torn down on this site previously, like the components having random orientations indicating they didn't come off a reel:
Screenshot_20230209-133937.png
Meanwhile the video author claimed he always buys direct from manufacturer and gets QC passed goods.

I was giving some precent chance in my head that the previous tear downs were counterfeit or factory seconds, made off shift, with a bucket of recycled parts off other electronics or whatnot, but now I know the factory direct QC passed stuff is just as bad...

6,000 subscribers. Lightweight channel that most see for what it is. Clickbait.

The Battery Doctor said:
tomjasz again, whats with the hate! Are you a nazi or something! I will not post my knowledge here again. You and lnanek can suck each other off instead of trying to frock me over! Lazy nazis sucking c**k.
At times it tends to be his [ab]normal response ... surprised if you or he doesn't get a warning for your posts.

This sounds like you on another of your BMS utubes ... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zph9VqPQPh0. Reason why more than a few have decided why and how they can be their own best BMS.

The Battery Doctor said:
.....tomjasz again, whats with the hate! Are you a nazi or something! I will not post my knowledge here again. You and lnanek can (edited out the profanity and garbage) instead of trying to frock me over! Lazy (edited out the profanity and garbage.)

:shock:

Dude, do you think posts like this will get you more followers? After a post like this I am not going to bother looking at any of your YT post. If you make statements you are going to have detractors. Learn to roll with it or just stop posting anything.

I have already complained about your language in this post to the moderators and perhaps they will pull this post as it is vulgar and does nothing to further e-bike information.

Aside from that, you owe Tomjasz and Lnanek a public apology for your needlessly grotesque comment.

The Battery Doctor said:
[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sV7UCvC4OVg[/youtube]
--> this is a long edited text..

Hi Battery Doctor, welcome back to this forum Thanks for video contribution! :bigthumb:
Thats a very nice educative video production/editing, I give a like!!
U have sense of humor while talking educative about batteries stuff :bolt: :bolt:

Anyway, our company has x50units DALY 16S 40A bms at a box at the underground level of building (those bms´s looks great! red aluminium polish, great cable connections AWG10, all water proof sealed, great A4 card with all instructions/diagrams/wiring colorful).. butt.. I just tested one from x50 (I took out random one from x50 units at a box. this seems probabilities study..)
and guess?? -->> the only BMS I tested from 50units does not have low cut voltage..
the only test I did to one BMS of x50 went up to 20V from 67V battery (lucky I turned OFF electronic load @20V running continuous current 15A battery test discharge, and battery very hot!!) are lithium cells zero absolute at 2,7V or at 0volts or negative volts?

soo, should I test the other x49 DALY BMS's, or I do quick conclusion? if one random of x50 is failing, than all 100% BMS are failing?? is 100% not success (x50bms failure)? or should I think only just the test subject bms not ok and the other x49 ok? if conspiracy probability working bms's is 1 minus 1/49 equals 0,98 means 98% conspiracy for other x49 bms full working? :pancake: :pancake:

how much is probability of taking out one fully working bms from this x50 box --> maybe 0% prob.. :lowbatt:
anyone found a A grade fully working daly BMS??
Anyway anyone could still use this great daly BMS's.. but control visual voltage/SOC level, dont go under 20% battery level, or maybe go to zero if U want to take all energy from your battery! or even under zero!

Question: is any battery cell lower limit @ 2,7V or 0V?? At DALY no one knows!! they keep smiling!!
At Daly company is trouble now!! maybe many BMS's recall similar to onewheel company.. Hope success to those companies and they need to solve those issues from lot of recalls..

Anyway I still "like" DALY company, because they have nice A4 card instructions. but sorry no more buy any kind of BMS from DALY company
Maybe depends on location for a full working unit.. BUT at electronics dont trust luck. make SURE all electronics are fully functional for its function!! otherwise U could BURN a HOUSE or some place..

--> ALLWAYS do FULL discharge one time test to any battery until full discharge zero level limit cut to see if BMS is working correct! be on tha safe side!! :bolt:

PS: & Im just wondering if DALY BMS has high top cut at 4,2V or is it very dumb? if battery debalanced, dumb dont know if cells go more than 4,2V.. maybe up to 5V? for cut? just saying and stop talking bad about DALY bms's..

What is your position with Daly? You’re obfuscating their reliability. Judging by your ESL you have a prejudice.

tomjasz said:
What is your position with Daly? You’re obfuscating their reliability. Judging by your ESL you have a prejudice.

I dont know those people company Daly, I just seen good advertising at web and bought x50 BMS from China dealer ( thinking good investment for our company..)
by tha way, it came from China to PT by train shipping line passing RU land..
It took 1 month and 15 days to deliver at PT train station (fedex company)

Is this crazy? a train route direct from China to Portugal direct? how is it possible? I dint know it! :bolt:
It remembers me past study at history classes silk route.. :twisted:

maybe this train could go direct route from China to USA, or Canada and to north pole!! I dont know!! :pancake:

Good advertising doesn’t
mean best quality.

tomjasz said:
Good advertising doesn’t
mean best quality.

Sir, I have to say daly BMS's are a sh*t! (we have x50 fail units 16S40A, soo send those to trash can? recycle? or keep those at basement?)
I'm a lot happy with BMS outside design & red color & 10AWG wires & A4 card colorful diagrams/instructions, but those are crazy/dumb behavior at electronics rules inside.. :lowbatt:
sorry to DALY company and to all! :confused:

maybe only this x50units we bought are bad elements.. maybe all other elements at worldwide market are fully working..
Daly is into troube.. recall for fully silicon filled bms's. not easy to repair..
but may be just a bad hardware design.. soo all pcb's production are losses.. maybe 30%? maybe 50% at worldwide market? maybe 80% with defect units? who knows??
do U trust probabilities for safety factor at electronic devices?

ALLWAYS BUY A 100% protection working BMS from trusted brand. Your BMS will act as a fuse or protect/save Ur battery from fire.. soo BMS is your best battery friend (adv. Your safety first!)

intel inside or dumb inside? :pancake:

The Battery Doctor said:
youtube videos

Hi there Battery Doctor, your last video topic bms's is educative (and bms brands advertise). A lot of online research U did there :thumb:

It would be nice similar video, but chargers subject ("Which are the biggest chargers manufacturers in china and jupiter?..")
it would be nice a give away!! useful :idea: & fans/people want video released
Thanks

edit/added this line* --> PS: this is my #200 post!! roman number CC and dont know if 200 is st, nd, rd, th number rank (google:"ordinal number 200: two hundredth,soo its 200th post") :pancake:

Back