GT i-drive 2.0 Build

Ah, the number of things I have dropped in lakes all over WI. haha Sorry to hear the gopro was lost along with probably some fantastic footage. Hope you and the family had a great time playing in WI. It is a great place to play.

Welcome back Greg and hope to see the new ties you got for your bday in up coming videos. ;)

Clay

just got word a 'preview' of tomorrow's show it up on energyNOW, and though i'm not in it, the first frame sure looks familiar!
http://www.energynow.com/video/2011/08/19/preview-electric-bikes-put-charge-commuting
sometime in the winter i saw a LEV report (from a LOCK post?) and forwarded it to the producer, as well as links to NYCewheels... i sent them a ton of stuff, including the CNN article on justin and his stuff. what can you do? noobs... hehe.

Is that your bike in the first frame? Also, isn't that your neighborhood the narrator is riding down in the first scene?

Ambrose

ambroseliao said:
Is that your bike in the first frame? Also, isn't that your neighborhood the narrator is riding down in the first scene?
Yes, and yes. I remember them shooting that scene. I can't remember when we shot, October? I remember that we had the first snow!

You and your wife look great. The host is a bit of a jerk, though.

I can't believe it took 9 months to get it on air!

Ambrose

Great holiday vid mate, I'm glad you didn't loose ALL the footage in the accident. Looks like the gopro has paid for itself many times over with the value you get from it. I'm guessing a life jacket or floatey of some sort attached to the gopro will be in order for next year ?

Loading the TV piece now. Looks like you have to wait for the whole lot to load before being able to skip on.
edit: watched the clip, nice safe footage there, nothing incriminating! :)
Does your wife commute on an ebike too or was that just fluff for the story ?
As for the host Ambrose, why do you think he was a jerk ? He just seems a typical Aussie :p
If it was the 20 mph comment I reckon that was a fair call. haha
If he rode Gregs bike before testing the shop bought ebikes he would have thought they were all crap :lol:

Hyena said:
Great holiday vid mate, I'm glad you didn't loose ALL the footage in the accident.
Thanks, I put it up for an hour last night than yanked it down... :mrgreen: Most of it was shot w/ new gopro.

Looks like you have to wait for the whole lot to load before being able to skip on.
yeah, making people wait 20 min is NOT gonna fly. this might be easier:
[youtube]bVnb_xnDVxg[/youtube]

edit: watched the clip, nice safe footage there, nothing incriminating! :)
yeah, pretty happy about that. way too many lawyers in this town. some folks may see it and go, woah, i've seen that guy! now they've got my full name too. :shock:
Does your wife commute on an ebike too or was that just fluff for the story ?
Absolutely, unless it's raining/freezing, etc. She loves her little 250W BionX! Doesn't even charge at work.
As for the host Ambrose, why do you think he was a jerk ? He just seems a typical Aussie :p
Very likeable guy, if a bit desperate to be funny. Aren't we all? :lol:
If he rode Gregs bike before testing the shop bought ebikes he would have thought they were all crap :lol:
It's true. I should ask them for the blooper footage actually, cause of course he first grabbed it w/ the right grip. It reared up something fierce, I was amazed he held on, otherwise I'd be paying up for damages to the neighbors car. Anyway, I started him out in Speed I, the gradually up to full speed. After that, I put him on the friction drive Zappy, and on camera, he said, "Oh, this one's for pussies!" Hilarious though.

saw this the other day and returned this afternoon. short landing zone here, so couldn't go too fast. i'm still rusty from 3 weeks off actually. fun tho:
[youtube]cPbOGcPA0u0[/youtube]
the wall at the end is for next time, if at all. there's a lip on the front side i'm not too crazy about.

the roots, there are tons of spots like that but cars were parked in the way today..

ambroseliao said:
The host is a bit of a jerk, though.
Watch out if you're riding by him on the street...
joshzepps tweet said:
People riding scooters are fun to kick over as they pass. 1 Aug

Damn shame about NYCEwheels getting all that advertising and not ebikes.ca...

I agreed, The media should have give a interview on Justin Le and He would have far better advertise.

Finally about time show show on your ebike. It seems they did not show your high speed cuz I don't want ridiculous politics says you riding too fast and you need put on new laws restriction on your speed with all full of bs.

GCinDC said:
Damn shame about NYCEwheels getting all that advertising and not ebikes.ca...

GCinDC said:
ambroseliao said:
The host is a bit of a jerk, though.
Watch out if you're riding by him on the street...

'cause he might pop a wheelie on himself and fall backwards? :shock:

I noticed he almost did it when he pulled up beside you on his test ride of your bike! :lol:

Ambrose

GCinDC said:
saw this the other day and returned this afternoon. short landing zone here, so couldn't go too fast. i'm still rusty from 3 weeks off actually. fun tho:
[youtube]cPbOGcPA0u0[/youtube]
the wall at the end is for next time, if at all. there's a lip on the front side i'm not too crazy about.

the roots, there are tons of spots like that but cars were parked in the way today..

Do we have our own Danny Macaskill in the making :mrgreen:

Regards
Tom

TopCat said:
Do we have our own Danny Macaskill in the making
Ha! Not likely. Just burning off some steam, horsing around.

I can't resist beating up on the old 9C, despite the good counsel against concrete drops, etc... :twisted:

As I dream about another build. :mrgreen:

Hey Greg

Great videos mate :D the TV interview was pretty neat as well, nice to see Ed on there too with some pretty amazing stats on the number of ebikes sold :shock: loved the other video too, I am just to heavy to risk doing that on my bikes ha ha trying to avoid spending out on new motors just yet ha ha.

Oh and it did look really cold when you filmed that clip for the TV show and yes I amazed it has taken that long to get in on air! great to see it though, I wouldnt worry about folks knowing your name they still gotta prove you were using the motor :mrgreen: you can do that without the motor right? :lol:

Have a good week buddy

Knoxie

chroot said:
It seems they did not show your high speed
Yes, That's because I told the producer NOT to (show me breaking any laws)!
knoxie said:
I amazed it has taken that long to get in on air!
Backing up a bit, this all came about cause a friend got a new job as executive producer at energyNOW. I said, "oh, you should do a show on ebikes!" And she knows me, sees me every day on one, so a couple months later she asked if we'd be willing to be interviewed. They didn't have a clue, so I forward them all this info about ebikes... Anyway, the shoot came up in the fall, then Josh went home (Oz) for holidays, then he had problems getting his return visa. And then he arranged the NYC, FL trips. I wasn't at all surprised it sat on the shelf.

Right after the shoot though, I realized I'd been hamming it up driving crazy, and emailed the producer and asked she not air those parts. She said no worries. And just before the shoot she said it was all set, and not to worry, that I looked like the Ward Cleaver of ebikes... :lol: :lol:

Oh yeah, forgot to mention, Roll Over America is arriving tomorrow and headed downtown on Thursday. I'm tied up that morning but will go out and hunt for them at lunchtime... Here they were leaving Portland:
[youtube]4IXY25sT-Ag[/youtube]

cool frame! took me a long time to read up all the pages of threads but now i can officially know your bike history!
I would say if your GT can take it then this can...but u still need to come up with good method of torque arms on the both sides.... :?
BUT one thing for sure...This has more space for your battery! (this rear shock is less travel then your GT so i would try nd come up with upgrade)

rui_fujino said:
cool frame! took me a long time to read up all the pages of threads but now i can officially know your bike history!
wow, that's impressive. thanks for reading. must have been a bummer w/o images... i sure hope they can be fixed. btw, since most of my vids are unlisted on youtube and only here, i'm thinking of putting up a page of the best 10 or 20...
but u still need to come up with good method of torque arms on the both sides.... :?
getting a pair of these... :wink:
this rear shock is less travel then your GT
not so sure about that. i asked the guy tho, so will find out...

yea i was lucky enough to catch up with your threads before the ES problems :mrgreen: and yea that doc's should keep the rear wheels more than safe with what you do! :wink:
depends on the price but if its in good price than buy it with no hesitation and spend money on front suspension! then I think you might hav a your brand new project! :wink:

good luck!

What day & time do you plan to hit ROAM? I have been trying to follow it but the bolgs and websites do not make it real easy. Like KF's trip the riders are probably plenty tired at the end of the day and updating a website from a smartphone?

That frame does not have the bottom bracket within a larger cage like your existing bike? Gonna need a fork too? Those torque arms are going to be tough to fit where the dropout goes out to enclose the seat and chain stays. Are you going to use those torque arms to fab dropouts to replace the existing ones on that frame?

Not if he is thinking of getting torque arms....

yeah, probably another hubber before rc... those take years anyway, don't they? :lol:

but really, my headset is starting to wobble again, and the bike's getting beat up. what i want most is suspension travel. so i've been slobbering over this:
D_018%20SETVB9.jpg

i'm not really thinking clearly at this point. just a vague direction to upgrade... perhaps i know my motor's going to die soon? and the hs3540's are looking good... :lol:

out early today, courtesy of the earthquake. crowded on the street!
[youtube]WhTuShurFkw[/youtube]

Back