Hailong pack questions, sourcing

Eastwood said:
tomjasz said:
http://www.kssssj.cn/pro/DOWN_TUBE_BATTERY_CASE/

I have a few new unused. PM for details.

Reention Poly cases are definitely higher quality.

Well it makes sense now you’re a seller. So you’re discrediting UPP then trying to promote your products, right.

tomjasz said:
UPP. Run, don't walk away. Several shops lost thousands in supporting warranties they wouldn't honor.
2 house fires created by their batteries resold by previous buyers on eBay meant the shop insurance had to payout as UPP is insulated from any insurance claims. Nickel coated seals and often glued cells and uber cheap BMS.

Can you please provide evidence of what shops burn down? There would be legal documentation of lawsuits and insurance claims. Can you prove your claims?

I’m in no mood to prove anything to you. UPP has a high failure rate. Do your own research. It’s all out there.

We’re very disappointed with EM3EV shipping delays. If you go back to 2014 you’ll see I’ve been running EM3ev batteries since then.

One shops insurance paid out 50,000 USD for UPP battery fire. Fact, not fiction.

I do tire of posters trying to read into the comments. You’re off base snd entirely wrong.

Eastwood said:
5 to 10% failure rate? How did you come up with that figure?

Based on 3 years of UPP battery sales. How many batteries have you purchased from UPP?

The NY battery fire is perhaps a problem created by the owner. 72V and external controller on a BBSHD. I’ll give you that one. In my opinion that fire was not a UPP problem. But it looks like they’ve stopped offering 72V. The issues I’ve seen have been with Hailong shark cases. Glued packs, cheap BMS, steel battery ribbons.

Could anyone in this thread provide links to the newer reention Polly cases? I don't need the bms, just the largest cases I can find. I've been looking at the dp9 just not sure the best place to order from.

btdale said:
Could anyone in this thread provide links to the newer reention Polly cases? I don't need the bms, just the largest cases I can find. I've been looking at the dp9 just not sure the best place to order from.

Google is your friend,
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005001864867421.html

tomjasz said:
Eastwood said:
tomjasz said:
http://www.kssssj.cn/pro/DOWN_TUBE_BATTERY_CASE/

I have a few new unused. PM for details.

Reention Poly cases are definitely higher quality.

Well it makes sense now you’re a seller. So you’re discrediting UPP then trying to promote your products, right.

tomjasz said:
UPP. Run, don't walk away. Several shops lost thousands in supporting warranties they wouldn't honor.
2 house fires created by their batteries resold by previous buyers on eBay meant the shop insurance had to payout as UPP is insulated from any insurance claims. Nickel coated seals and often glued cells and uber cheap BMS.

Can you please provide evidence of what shops burn down? There would be legal documentation of lawsuits and insurance claims. Can you prove your claims?

I’m in no mood to prove anything to you. UPP has a high failure rate. Do your own research. It’s all out there.

The only people that are complaining about UPP is related to your username on many different platforms. Then you always follow up by advertising EM3ev batteries. There’s not any evidence of one single fire from UPP. I’m speaking factual, I ask you to prove your claims and you cannot. You’re lying about other companies to promote your product! Maybe you don’t like UPP because they directly sell to the public now and there’s no room for a middleman. Stop spreading lies to feed your pocket! This is a free forum, this is not for marketing.

Every battery manufacturer will have failures because people do stupid things. There’s not been one incident on UPP‘s behalf where there was a fire started, prove me wrong.

tomjasz said:
The NY battery fire is perhaps a problem created by the owner. 72V and external controller on a BBSHD. I’ll give you that one. In my opinion that fire was not a UPP problem. But it looks like they’ve stopped offering 72V. The issues I’ve seen have been with Hailong shark cases. Glued packs, cheap BMS, steel battery ribbons.

Yeah the NY fire had nothing to do with UPP, it was just lies to promote em3ev batteries! As I mentioned every single complaint online is followed up with an advertisement for em3ev.

They have never stopped making 72 V batteries.
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B08LL22RV4/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_glt_fabc_RA5N72CXWFA1GJFGBC3B?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

:pancake:
tomjasz said:
Eastwood said:
5 to 10% failure rate? How did you come up with that figure?

Based on 3 years of UPP battery sales. How many batteries have you purchased from UPP?

I’ve purchased two batteries from them and they both work great.
72v 20ah,
48v 30ah,

I push my 72 V battery extremely hard and it barely gets warm, 80 A continuous. I also can charge it at over 8 A and there’s no heat. I have at least 3000 miles on these batteries with never one issue.

I know someone that has the same 72 V battery And they push it at 100 A continuous and it doesn’t even get hot.

Eastwood said:
72v 20ah,
48v 30ah,

OH WOW! 2 batteries! Surely that experience gives you valid insights into UPP quality.

tomjasz said:
Eastwood said:
72v 20ah,
48v 30ah,

OH WOW! 2 batteries! Surely that experience gives you valid insights into UPP quality.

You’re still neglecting the fact that you lied multiple times about this company. This isn’t about my two experiences let’s not change the subject. Your claiming that their batteries caught fire in two different houses and burned multiple shops down, So why can’t you prove what you’re saying? You can’t prove it because it’s not true. It’s super shady for companies to lie about other companies to promote their products. If you have something worthy of buying you shouldn’t have to lie against other companies.

Nice, a two battery expert accusing anyone demeaning UPP as a liar.

Sorry fella, but you are the UPP shill. Yup, I suggest EM3ev often. Their reputation here is stellar.

After the fire in NY 72V batteries were pulled. I suspect to troubleshoot and prevent another catastrophic event. I never bothered to follow up.

California eBike DROPPED UPP after selling scores of batteries and eating the warranties. The severe financial hardship of warrantying failed UPP battery packs drove them back to EM3ev. ZERO support from UPP.

Insurance paid out $50,000 for a UPP battery fire. A battery customer sold their UPP on eBay. And the only pockets the attorneys could get into were the original selling shop and their insurance.

BTW I have UPP batteries for my personal eBikes. And yes they did fine. I was lucky. But answering support calls I spoke with dozens of dissapointed UPP battery buyers.

Chalo said:
That's the correct rail, yes.

In poking around more, I was able to determine that the smaller 13S 4P pack I was looking for is called "Hailong 1" and the larger 13S 5P pack is called "Hailong 3". Unfortunately, the new updated version of Hailong 1 uses a different and incompatible mounting rail.

I was able to find this one, which my friend ordered:
https://www.ebay.com/itm/173259688167

s-l400 (2).jpg

There are very good reports and successful purchases with Jenny Mao.

Jenny Mao
Sales Manager
Shanghai Aijiu Energy Technology
T: +86 21 5764 1226 | M: +86 132 6288 2371
E: jenny@aijiupower.com | http://shanghaiaijiu.en.alibaba.com
No.161 Zhenye Road,Songjiang District | 201619,Shanghai,China

I have seven UPP.

2 36V10Ah cylinder (10s-3P) with LG cells 2017
1 36V7,5Ah cylinder with chinese cells 2017
1 36V6Ah 10S-2P Frog style (rarely used) chinese cells 2017 -not used in years.
1 48V Dolphin with LG cells 2019
1 36V15Ah 10S-5P Silverfish with chinese cells 2021
1 48V10Ah Hailong with chinese cells 2021

The cylinder packs are 30 cells arranged in a 70mm diameter metal cylinder. They have to be glued together, shrinkwrapped, and stacked to fit. It's a construction method to avoid.

I gave the Dolphin away w/o looking inside. However, the two 2021 packs use better construction, with plastic cell forms, and extra insulating washers on the positive ends. Probably still use nickel plated steel, but that doesn't worry me. No inline fuses. They rely on the cell CID's popping, but advertise it as fusing. They also don't use balance BMS, but no one does in the cheap battery business.

The Hailong was shipped with the balance connector half inserted and making intermittent contact.

Well, I have to buy something and at least I know UPP is a major maker. I never charge batteries when away from home or in bed. Still pulling 8AH out of the LG packs after five years, The chinese cell version still puts out 5AH.

Back