Hall sensor bust - is controller too? Sabvoton

Drogo

10 µW
Hi guys,

I was wiring up my new scooter today but got hall error on my new Sabvoton controller. I did the usual halls sensor test and found two which flicked between ~0-3V and one stuck on ~5V when I turned the wheel. I thought that this was odd but perhaps it was shorted with the red power wire. I disconnected the motor and halls connector and tested the output to the halls sensors from the controller -two were at ~3V and the third around 5V. I then swapped two of the halls around on the motor side to test again and got one flicking between 0-3V, one stuck on about 3V and one flicking between 0-5V. The hall signal which was stuck was the same as previously, so I know that's bust on the motor side, but is it a problem that the input to the halls on the controller side are different (two at 3V and one at 5V)?

Thanks for your help!

PS, if anybody else has a sabvoton controller who could test the voltages out of the controller hall plugs the see if they get the same, I would be really grateful

If it helps, there are several hall sensor test / replacement / part-sourcing threads, including sabvoton-specific ones. This list shows many of them; not everything is relevant, but generally easy to see which ones are by title.

https://endless-sphere.com/forums/search.php?keywords=hall*+sensor*&terms=all&author=&sc=1&sf=titleonly&sr=topics&sk=t&sd=d&st=0&ch=300&t=0&submit=Search

Thanks for your help amberwolf,

I tested the controller with another motor which seemed fine, so decided the controller was probably ok. I then went on to replace the suspect hall sensor, which seemed to resolve the problems!

Takeaway message for future reference is that the hall outputs from the controller do not always have to be the same, so don't sweat it

Hello,
actually i had a problem with the the hall test for sabvoton svmc72150 and effectively when i've measured the voltage of hall wires it was 5-3-3 as you mentioned. i know that the problem for me comes from the hall sensor cause it's set on 60° and the sabvoton is set on 120° so i wanted to ask you about the replacement of hall sensor, what is the name of the material used to waterproof the motor when closing ?
Thanks n hope that evey thing went okay for you ;)

HassanBa said:
i know that the problem for me comes from the hall sensor cause it's set on 60° and the sabvoton is set on 120°
https://endless-sphere.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=106763

Back