Help me Identify connector and pin out on Chinese Ebike controller

medgard789

1 µW
Hi! can any body help me, I found a ebike controller from junk shop, this conrtroller is in good shape no sign burn or damage but some of the connection I did not know, I cannot compare it to my available controller because not thesame. I know to identify some connector like 3phase/power input/alarm/thrutle(red-green-black/ and other but sometime other controller connector is mix or combine in one connector.

controller spec (on the label)
Brand: KEYA
Model: JKY48/60500
Voltage: 48V/60V
Current: 30+1A
Phase Angle: 120deg

no wiring diagram on official chinese website (no resposne on email) www.cnkeya.cn

I provide some picture to identify
need to identify.jpg
list I need to Identify (priority)
Thrutle Wire
Self Learning
Reverse and forward
3 speed selector
low level brake
high level brake

cruise control (not priority)

connector still unknwon to me:
C1 - C2 =???
S-H =??

20240319_085110.jpg
other picture is on attach files

Attachments

• 20240319_085210.jpg
    20240319_085210.jpg
    2.9 MB · Views: 7
  • 20240319_085138_HDR.jpg
    20240319_085138_HDR.jpg
    4 MB · Views: 6
  • 20240319_085131_HDR.jpg
    20240319_085131_HDR.jpg
    4.1 MB · Views: 5
  • 20240319_085117.jpg
    20240319_085117.jpg
    2.8 MB · Views: 5
  • 20240319_085035_HDR.jpg
    20240319_085035_HDR.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 4
  • 20240319_085017.jpg
    20240319_085017.jpg
    3.1 MB · Views: 7
Your guesses seem reasonable, but the only way to find out for sure is to test them.

If you use a voltmeter and measure the voltages at each of those pins, with the controller powered on at main batttery positive and at the keyswitch/igniton/lock wire (that passes battery voltage to the input of the LVPS that makes the 12v/5v/etc that runs everything), you'll usually find:

-- a 3speed switch has ground on one pin, and 5v on both of the others. Grounding neither one leaves it in default "middle", and Low and High are set by grounding one or the other of the two.

--ebrakes would be a 5v that when grounded activate whatever braking function it has

-- throttle will be about 5v on one pin, ground on another, and nearly 0v on the signal, or possibly actually 0v, if it has a built in pulldown to keep it from floating when not connected (which could cause undesired operation). If you just put your dry finger on the 5v and signal lines, it will usually pass enough current to slightly operate the motor, running it faster the harder you press on them. Or test with an actual throttle, and you can put a 5kohm or similar resistor between throttle's signal out and suspected throttle signal in pin on controller to protect the throttle against damage if it turns out not to be what you think it is. ;)

-- Most controllers don't (or didn't used to) have self-learn, quite a few still don't, so yours may not have it either. In that case, there are several threads about determining the phase / hall wiring combination manually. It's not too hard, just takes a bit of time and care when doing it not to overload anything.

--lots dont' have a reverse or cruise either, or 3speed switch, or high level brake.

high level brakes are only needed if you have a taillgiht/brakelight switch on your system taht has to be used for ebraking; this passes the 12v from turning on the light to the high brake input to activate it.

if you have a separate switch just for this not used for anything else you just use the low level brake, which grounds the 5v pullup in the controller to activate it.

BTW, its' almost eerie that your keyboard appears to be not only a near clone of mine (a tecware phantom found cheap at a thriftstore), but is also set to nearly the same amber color I keep mine at. (see my avatar's keyboard https://endless-sphere.com/sphere/data/avatars/o/13/13812.jpg
13812[1].jpg)

about the controller it is from etrike, it mite have reverse most common they always have reverse on etrike, I did not invistige in junk shop while I take the controller because, they already disassimble the etrike.

about the self learning, i think this controller dont have one because its from etrike, only aftermarket you we can find with self learning.

I keep digging to find what is the pinout of this thing.
thx

Back