Help with CON62 250w controller from greenbikekit.com

MD.

1 W
Hi,
I purchased the CON62 controller from greenbikekit.com to use with a Bafang SWXB. I also purchased a couple throttles, the LED meter, and a PAS. The controller arrived with the LED meter connected and the PAS wired as well. The PAS was wired a little strange as the middle pin green was wired to the 4th wire of the LED meter connector. The 4th wire of the LED meter was not plugged into the connector. When I purchased I hadn't planned on running the PAS with this setup. I just threw it in since it was only a couple bucks and I was shipping from China.

Anyway, I disconnected the PAS from that 4th pin, put the LED pin back into the connector, and wired every thing up. I also connected the Orange wire to the Red power wire. A diagram of the KU63 showed that this is for an On/Off switch. I just need it in the On position until I actually put a switch in.

Upon testing I didn't get any sound or motion from the motor. I began researching and learned that there are two versions of the KU63 from bmsbattery.com. One version requires the PAS and one doesn't. I've also read that the one that does require PAS, has a jumper I could cut to enable it to work without the PAS. I looked for this jumper on my CON62 but I don't see it.

Thinking the problem was just the PAS I connected it back up the way it was. I then put the magnet ring on a drill and ran it over the sensor to simulate crank installation. Unfortunately nothing happens. The hub motor acts like noting is being sent to it. Maybe I'm not simulating riding fast enough.

I've checked all connections and I know power is going somewhere as the LED meter lights up and I can select the three speeds. My RC watt meter reads around .1a of draw. I'm pretty handy with a volt meter, I just don't know voltages to check for or where. If anyone here could point me in the right direction, I would very much appreciate it. I'm also going to send an email to GBK to see if they have any ideas or suggestions.

One other bit of information I want to add is that I'm running it off a 16s Headway LiFePo4 battery. It's the only one I have right now and I've read that it should probably work. I plan to use a 36V LiFePo4 when it arrives. I've read that the CON62 should be fine for testing at 48v. Before wiring it up I checked the Capacitors and they're 63v.

I can't really find any wiring information. Attached are pictures of everything. If you're willing to help, let me know if I can provide any other images to assist.

Thanks in advance everyone!!

WP_20130331_011.jpg
WP_20130331_010.jpg
WP_20130331_008.jpg
WP_20130331_007.jpg

I have a con61 with my cutie100 like from greenbikekit. On the instruction sheet it tells which plug gets what. There is also plugs description for the con62 and con121 also. did you get this sheet with your controller? if not here is what it said of the 2 plugs.

pedal assist..red :5v, black: ground, green: signal

LED meter red 5v, black ground, white signal
note: if you connect our LED meter to our controller, the green wire of the LED meter is useless, please ignore it; the blue wire of the LED meter connects to the green wire of the PAS.

thats what GBK said.

PS: You do have the halls wires hookup, right?
since this is a senored controller only

Thank you for responding chisixer6. It sounds like I have it wired properly. I didn't receive an instruction sheet with the package. GBK emailed me right back and sent the attached images. They seem to have very good communication and customer service.

At this point I'm going to try a couple of things. I'm going to try another controller and make sure there isn't a problem with the motor. I'm also going to mount the PAS on the bike and make sure my that's not it.

If anyone else has any ideas I would appreciate it.

CON62 Controller illustration.jpg
CON62 Controller diagram.jpg

I guess you know that the PAS only works in one direction. The magnet disk can be flipped to reverse direction, so on the chain-wheel side, the magnets face the sensor, and on the left side, they should face away from it to reverse the direction.

The controllers that require PAS for the throttle to operate have it written on the outside "PAS Start", and they're very hard to come by.

Thanks d8veh for the reply! I was not aware that the PAS was directional.

I made some progress on this last night. I tried another throttle and then I also spun the wheel both ways. Amazingly it started working. However, once the wheel slowed down, it wouldn't work until I spun it in reverse for a minute. Once I spun the wheel in reverse, it would work again. I did some more searches and I think this is a problem with the hall wiring. I'm going to try all the different combinations until I find one that works from a dead stop.

After getting it to work with the new throttle, I noticed two of the three wires in the first throttle were flipped inside the plug. I corrected those wires and the first throttle works.

Now I just need to solve the problem of the motor not working unless it's spun by hand.

I think you just to get the halls matched. Are you currently color match(y-y, b-b, g-g)? if you are, just move the different combinations. I have the con61 controller which is both sensor and sensorless, for about the same price, which runs the motor without the halls.My halls are connected color matched. Using GBK's version of cutie 100 and con 61 controller.

Just got my box from GreenBike Kit, and I'm having the same friggin problem.

I'm using the CON61 which should be PAS-less and Sensorless, and I'm thinking the throttel wires are wrong as neither throttle matches up the wire sequence. Go figure.

I"m also trying to run off the CON62 which is sensord and has a PAS. I guess the halls wires have to be plugged in on this one to get it to work while they are not needed on the CON61. Is there a way to run without the PAS??? that is the question for this controler. Interestingly the throttle wires here are in a 4th configuration. the red - green - black don't match up. Go figure.

More experimentation due tomorrow to try to get one of these controller setups to run the the motor. At this point I have only gotten some brief bursts of speed.

All these controllers run without PAS fitted. Depending on which panel you get, some have to be set to throttle on the display panel.
Your throttle won't work unless your wires match: red to red, black to black, and signal to signal. You can always test the throttle by shorting the red to the signal wire, but be careful because the motor will spin at full speed.

I have a Q100 motor 36v. from BmsBattery that i want to work with the Con62 that i received a couple of days ago.
My battery has a black and red wire but no extra thinner orange wire connected. As i read in the previous posts i have to connect this thinner orange wire with the red wire to power on. So i did.
Oke i got all connections wired up but then when i connect the thumbtrottle the wheel is starting to go full speed without the possibility to turn off the power or lower the speed. So the trottle thumb shift is not controlling the speed as it should do. I have no idea what i could do to make the trottle work as it should do.
Could somebody help me out here?

It sounds like your red wire in the throttle is shorted to the signal wire. Are you able to try a different throttle? Or, could you use a meter to see if they're shorted on the throttle you have?

I just realized I never followed up on this one. The CON62 that I have does indeed work with the LED meter while not using the PAS. The sensor wires are required though. My wire colors match perfectly with a bafang, I think swxb. After getting my throttle wires matching, I found my second problem was caused by my hall wire extension. Either they were too long or shorted or getting some emf. I removed the extension I added and put the controller as close as possible to the motor and it worked. I then just added a foot or so for mounting and its been working just fine ever since.

chas58 said:
Two years after this post, and I'm having the same friggin problem.

I'm using the CON61 which should be PAS-less and Sensorless, and I'm thinking the throttel wires are wrong as neither throttle matches up the wire sequence. Go figure.

I"m also trying to run off the CON62 which is sensord and has a PAS. I guess the halls wires have to be plugged in on this one to get it to work while they are not needed on the CON61. Is there a way to run without the PAS??? that is the question for this controler. Interestingly the throttle wires here are in a 4th configuration. the red - green - black don't match up. Go figure.

More experimentation due tomorrow to try to get one of these controller setups to run the the motor. At this point I have only gotten some brief bursts of speed.

rhmjmango said:
I have a Q100 motor 36v. from BmsBattery that i want to work with the Con62 that i received a couple of days ago.
My battery has a black and red wire but no extra thinner orange wire connected. As i read in the previous posts i have to connect this thinner orange wire with the red wire to power on. So i did.
Oke i got all connections wired up but then when i connect the thumbtrottle the wheel is starting to go full speed without the possibility to turn off the power or lower the speed. So the trottle thumb shift is not controlling the speed as it should do. I have no idea what i could do to make the trottle work as it should do.
Could somebody help me out here?
Your throttle wires are in the wrong sequence or a short in your throttle. First look at the throttle connector. The wires should go red to red, black to black and green to whatever. If that's correct, you have to dismantle the throttle to check the hall sensor soldering.

If your wires are in the wrong sequence, you can change them over by depressing the barb with a tiny screwdriver or large needle, then you can pull them out by the wire.

thanks for the followup, glad it is working for you too.

I ordered two controllers and two twist throttles from GBK. one controller and one throttle were wired correctly, and one controller and one throttle were wired totally wrong, and would not work with anything they way they were wired. Of course the throttle and controller I was trying to use were both the bad ones.

thanks to help from the forum and d8veh, I got that fixed (took the pins out and put them in the right order) and my kit now runs fine too.

Great news. How do you like it? How many volts and amps are you running it on? What's your performance like?

chas58 said:
thanks for the followup, glad it is working for you too.

I ordered two controllers and two twist throttles from GBK. one controller and one throttle were wired correctly, and one controller and one throttle were wired totally wrong, and would not work with anything they way they were wired. Of course the throttle and controller I was trying to use were both the bad ones.

thanks to help from the forum and d8veh, I got that fixed (took the pins out and put them in the right order) and my kit now runs fine too.

Back