hi as seen in the photo my new controller came with this 8-pin connector my bike does not, the rest of the connectors are perfect only this controller

manman

10 mW
hi as seen in the photo my new controller came with this 8-pin connector my bike does not, the rest of the connectors are perfect only this controller does not have the 5 wires to connect the LCD my question is could I splice this 8pin and use the wires to connect to the display any help, please

Attachments

• IMG_20240210_183942.jpg
    IMG_20240210_183942.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 11
  • IMG_20240210_183958.jpg
    IMG_20240210_183958.jpg
    2.4 MB · Views: 11
could I cut this open and use the wires to connect to my 5-pin LCD .and what is this connector for what are the wires inside of course there are 8 but what is there function?

Attachments

• IMG_20240210_183942.jpg
    IMG_20240210_183942.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 2
hi as seen in the photo my new controller came with this 8-pin connector my bike does not, the rest of the connectors are perfect only this controller does not have the 5 wires to connect the LCD my question is could I splice this 8pin and use the wires to connect to the display any help, please
You can’t. The display is for KT controllers and the one in the pic appears to be Lishui.

oh but my rear hub is a bafang and I'm using it with another controller with a bafang display I just thought I could take 5 wires out of the 8-pin connector, but if you say it is not possible

There are 5 wires in those 8 pins that would go to the display, but good luck looking for a published pin-out. There a extension harness that brings the signals to a display, throttle, and brake lever on the handlebar. If you find this harness, you won't have to splice your display down to the controller. Maybe you can find it for less from another seller.

There are at several types. For Bafang controllers, there is one for mid drives and a different one for hub motors. Another popular one is for KT controllers. The Lishui may fall into one of the former types or be its own design. The following from Yost says it's for Lishui controllers, so it may be the one you need.

Last edited:
To minimize confusion I moved this to it's own thread out of this one:

Thanks for the reply well I took your advice and have ordered a harness and figured I can cut the brake connectors that come on the harness and change them with a 2 pin SM plug.once again thanks for the advice much appreciated.

Hi I have KT controller with a 2 pin wire for lights orange and yellow but the wires from my bike are red black with a 2 pin any help please

Last edited:
wow, what a mess I have a KT controller everything works but I'm stuck on the light connector it has 2 pin yellow and orange connectors but my bike has red and black anyone know the correct way to connect?
https://nl.aliexpress.com/item/1874...o_exp_id=e2a76111-f160-4da5-8556-26ca2ffc07f4 i have the 250w-500 and if you see there is a connector 2 pin yellow and orange for light but as I have said my connector is red and black any help.

I have the same problem my pas connector from the controller is yellow black and brown, no the pas sensor reacts it flashes red when turning the wheel but the motor does not turn I've tried different settings in c1 I tried every number from 1-15.
I also get error 3 I'm thinking I'll reset the display to default and start again, my controller is a Rishun KT Risunmotor Ebike Controller 24V/36V/48V 250W 350W 20A Elektrische Fiets Borstelloze Dc controller Ondersteuning Regenerative Functie 36V 48V 250W350W. the connector coming from the bike for pas are red black and blue by the way.

Just an update here; The pin-out for the PAS connector were indeed different on the two KT controllers. Swapped wires and PAS works perfectly! :)
what colour were the PAS wires from your controller and in which sequence did you change the wires from the controller to your bike by the way any photos are appreciated, mine from the KT controller are brown yellow and black and from the bike, they are red back and blue but not in that order.

thanks for the reply but I'm not sure what you mean so I'll do it this way, from my bike the PAS connector colours are red black and blue and from the KT Rishun controller they are brown yellow and black as I'm only 15 so which colours will go together thanks so much, though the way I have it now the sensor light blinks when pedalling only the motor does not turn I have tried so many settings any help much appreciated, my PAS sensor is not a KT its arbitrary i guess.

Last edited:
Risunmotor Ebike Controller 24V/36V/48V 250W 350W 20A Elektrische Fiets Borstelloze Dc controller Ondersteuning Regeneratieve Functie 36V 48V 250W350W

Sensor light is blinking I've tried every option in C1when I use the walk assist the wheel barely moves and I hear a clunk have I got the PAS wires in the correct combination.

Attachments

• IMG_20240215_180132.jpg
    IMG_20240215_180132.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 4
  • IMG_20240215_180438.jpg
    IMG_20240215_180438.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 4
It seems to me you likely have the Hall sensor wires and/or motor phase wires incorrectly assigned.

So you think maybe if I change the 3 phase wires around that might work ,as for the hills connection it's the same colour to colour as what comes out of my bike.

So you think maybe if I change the 3 phase wires around that might work ,as for the hills connection it's the same colour to colour as what comes out of my bike.
I hate to break it to you, but that's no assurance of correct wire assignment. If none of the phase wire combinations fixes the problem, you'll need to try swapping Hall wires too. Hopefully that won't be necessary.

Chalo thank you I will try tonight I was thinking the same and I hope it's only a question of getting the correct combination with the phase wire, i will update as soon as I test this tonight hopefully it will help other people in the same situation.

Hi Chalo just a little update stupid me I had the haal sensor wires reversed I only noticed about an hour ago when I looked closely at the connector and noticed I had from the motor white to controller red and so on so I had completely reversed the order .I have now matched the colours from controller to the bike a hey presto it works my god how stupid I did not notice last night oh well it's a learning curve.
Once again thank you for the advice and help.

Back