• Howdy! we're looking for donations to finish custom knowledgebase software for this forum. Please see our Funding drive thread

HTD belt supplier UK

WeeChumlee

1 kW
Hi guys
Just though I would drop in a link to a supplier of HTD belts I found here in the UK.
Price was so low I got 4 of what I needed so hopefully that will keep me going for a while. :)

http://www.bearingsrus.co.uk/belts/timing-belts/metric-htd-belt/htd-5m?p=2

Can't say how good they are yet but at that price I don't really care. Changing a belt takes seconds.
Lost a belt yesterday off my dual drive and did not even notice until I got home and cleaned the board.

P.S.
If they are totally crap I shall come back and edit this post.

Good spot ! Defiantly worth a punt for that price . While we are on the subject of belts I originally built my drive train with a 6s system in mind and went with 9mm width belts but have since upgraded to building a 12s system would I be right in thinking the extra power is gonna rip the belts up in seconds and to go with at least 15mm wide with possibly some sort of belt tensioner as well to stop any slipping/jumping ?
Any thoughts appriciated : )

Nice price. £3.85 delivered for a 15mm 70 tooth 350mm belt. Posted second class.

If you are in a hurry, RS online do the same belt, for £5.51 delivered by parcelforce next day (delivery included lol)

@ Njakts

Link to RS Latvia with that belt.
http://lv.rsdelivers.com/product/contitech/350-5m-15/contitech-synchrobelt-htd-timing-belt-70-tooth-350mm-length-x-15mm-width/4750311.aspx?query=475-0311

@robbaker
On my single motor board I changed from a 9mm belt to a 15mm belt, not due to acceleration power but due to breaking power.
I go up, and then obviously down, some pretty steep hills and am not a good skater (well crap actually) so do a lot of breaking. I found that the 9mm belt would often slip, and therefore wear quickly, due to this breaking. Since changing to 15mm this is not a problem at all.
Other though use 9mm belts and have said they do not experience this problem. I believe it depends a lot on your riding style and ability.
Personally I would always go for a 15mm belt and 63mm motor for a single drive - but I do a lot of stop-go and can't skate for sh_t so may not be 100% representative. :wink:

Thanks for the info , the board is going to be a work in progress so I'll probably stick with dual 9mm belts for time being and go wider if/when I need to .....inching to get on the thing now we are getting a few sunny days !

Hi robbaker

Ah, you have a dual system? Then 9mm is no probs. I have a dual as well that has 9mm belts and there I do not have the problems I was having with the single 9mm.
Dual 15mm would be a bit over the top unless you were building a E-MTB.

Yeah, know what you mean. Sitting in the office down here in Bournemouth looking out the window and it is cold but sunny out there. Could be surfing the promenade right now. :cry:

Thank you for the info, WeeChumlee, I bought 15 mm pulleys and belts in England at http://www.beltingonline.com, they were quite helpful and they shipp to Spain.

I now what you both mean, a complete day raining here in Spain!, I'm not used to it, but I guess he have to have water to drink too :D

Back