Hub motor doesn't work. Please help

peaches

1 µW
Hey guys, I have this motor that isn't working at all. It's a Bafang 36v FM G320.250.V.

The battery I already had is a 48v 10ah battery, but research I did here and on other ebike sites indicated that 36v motors should work with 48v batteries. Is this actually true?

I hooked everything up; battery to motor, throttle, and LCD display. Nothing happens when I press the throttle. The display (TFT 500c) works just fine and isn't giving me any errors. It can recognize the throttle because it shows me a throttle error if I disconnect the throttle.
Just in case, these kits use LCDs that are usually used for Mid Drive motors. Found out the hard way after buying another Lishui compatible LCD that's more common with hub motor kits and finding out it gave me a controller connection error.

The battery was originally a Hilltopper ebike kit battery. The battery is a Reention Tigershark with a Lishui controller.

I have some ideas for what could be happening. One could be that the motor simply doesn't work. My other suspicion is that either the controller or motor has some sort of sensor that isn't allowing the motor to run because the battery is 48v.

Can anyone help? I really want to get this to work! Thanks :)

peaches said:
I hooked everything up; battery to motor, throttle, and LCD display. Nothing happens when I press the throttle.

Can you provide a pic of how you connected the battery to the motor? The motor you linked doesn't have a build in controller, so it would be unusual to connect the motor and battery.

I am using this hub motor with 48v and it works fine.

Do you have a cheap alternate controller to test with?
I bought a sinewave controller off ebay for $19 early this year to play from a US seller, I got it in the mail in 3 days.

There are several sensors that could keep it from running. Most of them will give something on the display if there’s a problem.

Disconnect the brake switches to eliminate that possibility.

Is there a speed sensor on that kit?

Back