Hub Motor Magnets

Ezrider_028

10 mW
Hoping some one can help me, I had to disassemble my Voilamart hub motor given one of the halls was bad and the motor was making weird noises. Upon opening the motor. I was surprised to understand how this motor was still working. I found a lot of rust and some of the magnets had come lose and were stuck to the stator.

The bad part is, there are 4 or 5 magnets that snapped in half (broken). So these are sized about 24mm X 12.5mm and thickness-wise they are thin 1.5mm.

Also I read that the type of magnet matters so not sure if these are Neodymium N50s, N51, N52 ? Voilamart site just says they are rare earth and I know nothing about magnets.

Does anyone know where I can order these from ? Tried Amazon, eBay etc not much luck - as seems I would have to buy larger size and grind them down. I also tried Voilamart support but they were no help.

Appreciate any help, as my e-bike is out of commission.

Last edited:
Hoping some one can help me, I had to disassemble my Voilamart hub motor given one of the halls was bad and the motor was making weird noises. Upon opening the motor. I was surprised to understand how this motor was still working. I found a lot of rust and some of the magnets had come lose and were stuck to the stator.

The bad part is, there are 4 or 5 magnets that snapped in half (broken). So these are sized about 24mm X 12.5mm and thickness-wise they are thin 1.5mm.

Also I read that the type of magnet matters so not sure if these are Neodymium N50s, N51, N52 ? Voilamart site just says they are rare earth and I know nothing about magnets.

Does anyone know where I can order these from ? Tried Amazon, eBay etc not much luck - as seems I would have to buy larger size and grind them down. I also tried Voilamart support but they were no help.

Appreciate any help, as my e-bike is out of commission.
I am opening mine right now. I had problems with it suddenly switching into reverse and making nasty noises

Back