hub motor spindle nuts

m3vuv

100 W
hi all,one of the axle shaft nuts has stripped threads,its a chineese 1.5 kw motor,the axle is 14mm dia,does anyone know what the thread pitch is on these?,as i need to order new ones and have no thread gauge,tia.

They are not all the same. You could measure on the side that's not stripped. I was able to find automobile lug nuts at the auto supply store with the right threads for one of mine. The lug nuts were good because they are deeper and have more threads to engage.

fechter said:
They are not all the same. You could measure on the side that's not stripped. I was able to find automobile lug nuts at the auto supply store with the right threads for one of mine. The lug nuts were good because they are deeper and have more threads to engage.

That's what I did for both my own hub motors. I use cap nuts which also protect the threads from physical damage.

I had to cut down the nuts to fit t.a.
I just go to the fastener store, specialized fastener stores have way more then home depot/lowes plus they can measure the threads which home depot guy cant :lol: and probably has no clue what to do or how to measure :lol: and if he does, well then thats rare because I bought a $1 measuring tool from the fastener store guy to measure the thread pitch.

m3vuv said:
hi all,one of the axle shaft nuts has stripped threads,its a chineese 1.5 kw motor,the axle is 14mm dia,does anyone know what the thread pitch is on these?,as i need to order new ones and have no thread gauge,tia.

You can get a tool that will identify the thread count really cheap. Something like that needs to be in every tool box.

https://www.amazon.com/Stainless-Thread-Measuring-Precise-Imperial/dp/B07FVSH38T/ref=sr_1_4?crid=3NZD4RNXOFUXT&dchild=1&keywords=thread+measuring+tool&qid=1629549561&sprefix=thread+measuring%2Caps%2C358&sr=8-4

Back