I have a technical question about this kit

DAND214

10 MW
About 1200 miles south of Chicago, in sunny/rainny
You will be able to run 48v with that setup, but not 24v as the controller will hit LVC and not run. the throttle will funtion but your battery level guage will not be any way near correct. As most aren't anyway.
You should like the 128 hub and speed of 20mph on 36v without a problem.

Are you going to mount the battery in the front with the hub motor? It will be way too hard to control with all the weight that far forward and so high. put it in the frame or on the rear, if at all possible.
dan

What they said.

Your bike is really neat! Reverse grip brakes and all!

That bike is truly badass! I love the way the front and rear cargo spaces are built right into the frame.

I've seen quite a few designer fantasy type bikes in pics posted here, but this frame has both style and great utility. Fantastic. 8)

Went to the site you linked, and found these headway looking 48v batteries. Nice! http://www.elifebike.com/peng/iview.asp?KeyID=dtpic-2011-76-1KYX.8JRGA

I agree about the bike frame being nice for cargo and such; I may borrow ideas from it for one of my future "normal" builds. :)

(although it is "interesting" that this elifebike post comes right after removing a spammer for that site)

Back