ignition wiring

ravennation

10 µW
Hello everyone I just registered here and have noticed the help and information is beyond helpful to me. So my question is I have obtained, LOL an auction scooter, spin and bought a new controller and dashboard for it. They were not bought together in a kit and I have realized to power the controller you need the ignition to be tied into the main red battery positive wire. So I understand that my issue is my controller doesn't have a wire labeled ignition it has alarm power, alarm signal and that would be it as far as possibility. Secondly do I need to do anything with this three-speed wire? I saw that it needs to maybe be jumped and last is there any other reason I'm getting zero power to my controller from the battery which I know is charged? I was thinking maybe some new feature they might have put in LOL I appreciate anybody

Do you have a photo of the controller or a link to the controller and post it here?
Can you take a picture of the controller and how it is hooked up and post it here?
Later floyd

And a picture and name of your scooter. Did you test the voltage of your battery with a voltmeter ? The controller might not be set up for an ignition wire it might just turn on when plugged into positive and negative ? Maybe.?

Do you have a photo of the controller or a link to the controller and post it here?
Can you take a picture of the controller and how it is hooked up and post it here?
Later floyd
the scooter is annold spin scooter rental. which is a segway ninebot g30 I believe? and the controller is this exactly this one I posted, of coarse the labeling couldn't be worse so wire match up is way out the question.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20231225_052058_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20231225_052058_Chrome.jpg
    391.5 KB · Views: 20
I can hook up battery, motor, and motor phase. when I did that I get no power so I'm thinking I need the ignition to lock controller on?

Is that a Brainpower controller? If so then you should be able to Google it to find out how to power it up. It probably just needs the right wiring for the alarm and ignition.

so I think I found out why. the 3rd red wire on battery wire is the ignition, I had to cut it due to different connectors, and I never tied it in with main power so does that sound right? the harness to my battery from controller also has the charging port red and white and no ballence leads but a blue and yellow communication wires. smh

The blue and yellow communication wires to your battery may be a problem. It could be a canbus system, so you may have trouble powering up the battery.

wow just read up on it and I'm wondering if I will also have issues with the motor and its internal wiring, like only running on cancrap system.

Back