Indiana E-MTB 1.0 - C300s - Unlocking - Throttle

fnx

10 µW
Hey, I need support.
Bicycle:
Indiana E-MTB 1.0 LCD c300s (Bigstone manufacturer).
Controller:
LSW943-209F WZK0209

The original harness has 3 pins, i.e. 2x brake and LCD.

According to the label, the controller has the option of adding a throttle.

1 wire in the controller is not connected to anything, which goes to the steering wheel harness. This cable is used in the harness that has 4 pins.

And so I ordered a throttle.
I connected it as I thought, so the gray one is the impulse from the throttle, plus from the brake and minus, the same.

On my Indiana LCD, the wheel rotates at a maximum of 7 km, so there must be a blockage in the LCD that cannot be removed. Entering mode 12 does not allow you to change the settings.

On another LCD, the same model (C300s) but no longer with the Indiana logo, when I press the gas there is a maximum reaction, i.e. let's say 25-30 km, but... on the LCD I have 0 km and it displays error 9, i.e. there is no communication between the LCD and the controller.

Does this mean a damaged LCD?
The old one works as above.

Oryginalny LCD do roweru.

20240220_174957.jpg20240220_175005.jpg20240220_175009.jpg

wystarczy wymienić LCD.

20240220_175015.jpg20240220_175027.jpg20240220_175043.jpg

A do LCD z innego forum. Swojej nie otworzyłem, bo mógłbym zniszczyć plastik.
2.jpg

Kontroler:
kont.jpg

Tak to wygląda od środka. Szary przewód w wiązce t3 Julet nie jest podłączony, ale można iść jak na foto i podłączyć go do sterownika, wtedy mamy przepustnicę.

Attachments

• man.jpg
    man.jpg
    184.2 KB · Views: 3
Last edited:
In the 3-pin connector you have ground - minus, vsp5v - plus 5v

bk1 - impulse from the brake lever.

Connected to ground, vsp5 and gray power supply.

In the T4 harness, I assume that this is how it is connected.
ham.jpg

I believe Lishui controllers use (points on the circuit board):
Throttle +5v = SP5V
Throttle 0v = SPGND
Throttle signal = SP

Maybe you can trace the wires to the board to confirm you are making the right assumptions?

Ok, but the throttle is not the problem here, whether it is connected or not. lcd shows error 9, there is a problem there

Last edited:
Some controllers have custom firmware so they only talk to displays with the same firmware setup. That would cause the comm error you see, as would a defective display comm line (either tx or rx).

It's not uncommon for prebuilt bikes, scooters, etc., to have custom firmware for one reason or another--sometimes it's just to be proprietary, so you can only use their parts. Sometimes it's to comply with local regulations where their stuff gets sold, like speed limits or throttle usage limits, etc. Sometimes it's just because they did.

Some controllers have custom firmware so they only talk to displays with the same firmware setup. That would cause the comm error you see, as would a defective display comm line (either tx or rx).

It's not uncommon for prebuilt bikes, scooters, etc., to have custom firmware for one reason or another--sometimes it's just to be proprietary, so you can only use their parts. Sometimes it's to comply with local regulations where their stuff gets sold, like speed limits or throttle usage limits, etc. Sometimes it's just because they did.
Ok I understand. So I can't change the LCD and add a throttle in this case?
Is it possible to change the software in the LCD or controller ?

So I can't change the LCD and add a throttle in this case?
If you find a compatible LCD, sure. (assuming your present problem is incompatibility vs defect).

Throttle adding is probably unrelated, since that depends on the controller's capabilities and connections.

Is it possible to change the software in the LCD or controller ?
If it's the right brand, version, and model for one of the various open-source firmwares (OSF OSFW) out there, such as for LiShui LS or KunTeng KT, you can change to those. Your model starts with LS, so it could be a LiShui; there's lots of models out there so check the OSF thread(s) to see if it matches a known-compatible one.

Otherwise, you probably have to get the firmware from the manufacturer of the controller and/or LCD, along with the procedure to do it.

There's a number of threads here about reprogramming various controllers you can look into, if yours is the same model/brand/etc.

Back