IT'S ALIVE...... BBS02HD!!

The common way to tear up a bbs01, or 02 is to treat it like a one speed scooter and forget it’s a bicycle needing the rider to up and down shift as others were no motor. I have 5 year old BBS01s with 2500 miles on each...no issues.
I sell replacement and repair parts, plastic gears are the worst selling product.

I replaced the battery with a higher AMP output battery and all is well. I actually broke 3 spokes on my rear wheel but not sure the constant stress on that wheel from acceleration caused them to snap but its ben replaced. Knock on wood no broken parts on the BBS02/HD.

Fastwanabe said:
I actually broke 3 spokes on my rear wheel but not sure the constant stress on that wheel from acceleration caused them to snap but its ben replaced.

Chronic spoke breakages are almost always the result of spokes not being properly stress-relieved at the time the wheel was built.

There's pretty much no amount of torque you can put on a bicycle wheel that will affect the spokes. Remember, unlike weight or bump loads, that torque is getting evenly distributed among all 36 (or 32, or 48) spokes. No one of them has to withstand very much change in tension.

Still going strong with lunas replacement gear ring. 20 miles a day 5 days a week and speeds are between 20-40 mph on a 52 volt battery. Replaced bike with a Scwinn AL COMP with disk brakes on 203 rotors. Brakes were a welcomed upgrade.

BBS02HD still running great.... Now it looks like a new chain needs to be ordered and rear 7 speed sproket as well since Im getting skipping every once in a while. Any rec on chains & sprocket guys?

Fastwanabe said:
Any rec on chains & sprocket guys?

Replace the chain sooner, and you can often get 2 or even 3 chains worth of endurance from a single cassette.

KMC Z7 is a good chain for a good price. 7 speed cassettes and freewheels are basic commodity items now, so just get one that has an appropriate gear range for your application. You can't go wrong sticking with major brands like Shimano and SRAM rather than off brands like Falcon or DNP.

After a couple trips to my local machine shop and 25 bucks later all they needed to do was replicate the BBS02B rotor dimensions to the BBSHD rotor, both rotors were almost identical. After shaving a few mm off the length of the shaft and helicoil it bolted right up.
Do you know if they just shortened the round end or if they actually turned down the beveled part also?

Back