Ivermectin/Covid info

spinningmagnets said:
I am not a doctor,

Ivermectin is worth trying if you are in a country without easy access to vaccines. That is not the case here in the US.
Nothing you can do will be as safe, and effective as a vaccine to prevent serious illness, or death from the virus.

If you live in a state with low vaccination rates, and just got vaccinated, it will be a month before you are well protected from the virus. Taking Ivermectin won't hurt you, and may provide some protection until the vaccine has had time to rev up your immune system. I would suggest N95 masks indoors, and keeping a good distance from others outdoors until then.

Its nice that we can discuss Ivermectin here. Doing so on many social media platforms can easily get you banned. I hear its had impressive results in India.

To be clear...

I am pro vaccine, and have been vaccinated with Moderna. Ivermectin is no substitute for vaccinations.

If you have been vaccinated, and now are infected with the Delta variant (*or Lambda)...you can take aspirin and Ibuprofen, along with vitamins, rest, and hydration. It will not hurt you to add Ivermectin to this list of therapies.

spinningmagnets said:
Any benefit derived from adding Ivermectin to your personsl health protocol is by the Ivermectin removing the virus' ability to try to hide from antibodies as long as possible.

This is not something i recommend, because the drug has side effects which will crop up over time if taking it perpetually. These effects could be worse than vaccines' effects. If you want a protection boost, get a vaccine or start living a healthy lifestyle.

spinningmagnets said:
Any commonly recognized method of aiding your immune system will help. Such as...

1. Get enough rest, a full night's sleep

2. Try to eliminate emotional stress from you mindset, if possible.

3. Stay hydrated, you urine should be fairly clear with only a faint yellowing.

4. Vitamin C. Take at least 500mg once a day, along with a well-rounded diet. When sick, take 500mg once every four hours, five times a day.

5. Vitamin D. Most people work and live indoors, and don't get enough sun. 125 mcg is a useful daily starter dose for the average adult, taken with the morning meal.

A couple points.

The vitamin C you see in stores is ascorbic acid, not the entire complex of what makes up vitamin C. it is nowhere near as biologically active as the real thing even if you hyperdose it. Your source of vitamin C should only be food until we discover a way to put the entire complex in a pill. It's very easy to get adequate vitamin C regardless of what diet you're on.

Vitamin D is a great idea because all reports show 70% of Americans are deficient in it. It takes around a month of taking it to build adequate blood levels of vit D. Even still, it is no substitute for sun exposure. I have a perpetually challenged immune system and have seen better results with sun exposure or sunlight simulation therapy. Vit D exposure from light instantly changes blood levels for the better.

Zinc absolutely deserves to be on your list because it's critical to the immune system. It also helps build hormones.

That whole staying hydrated bit is outdated and doesn't have any scientific proof behind it. Drinking too much water could lead to you flushing out more electrolytes than usual. Many people hospitalized for covid-19 end up on an electrolyte drip, and in fact, it may be the reason they end up in the hospital in the first place. Of all things to mind, mind your electrolyte balance if you are sick and not eating. Electrolyte balance generally won't affect your immunity unless you're critically low.

TrotterBob said:
Its nice that we can discuss Ivermectin here. Doing so on many social media platforms can easily get you banned. I hear its had impressive results in India.

I've seen a lot of early clinical evidence showing Ivermectin's good safety profile ( compared to hydroxyq* ) and efficacy profile in covid-19. A recent meta analysis said it's useless and a lot of the medical world is believing that. So, someone is not being honest and i'm not sure who it is.

The main realistic downside is that it could put selective pressure on covid-19 to keep evolving into nastier strains in the same way that decades of antibiotics left us with MRSA and other bacteria which have insanely tricky self protection mechanisms. We don't know if this dark side will show itself because in the west, we haven't deployed Ivermectin much. This is the only reason i think that Ivermectin might not work as a large scale solution.

Really good advice neptronix. We have a massive supplements industry, but very little information is promoted on absorption and bio-availability especially in comparison to getting these vitamins and minerals organically with a balanced diet.

I've personally taken 2 short runs of Ivermectin prophylactically including once after a fairly long emergency room visit. The nice thing about it is I wasn't worried about adverse 1.side 2.effects 3., short-term or otherwise, as the drug is well understood with a long history of use.

A recent meta analysis said it's useless and a lot of the medical world is believing that. So, someone is not being honest and i'm not sure who it is.

I quote, emergency use authorization is appropriate, FDA may authorize unapproved medical products or unapproved uses of approved medical products to be used in an emergency to diagnose, treat, or prevent serious or life-threatening diseases or conditions caused by CBRN threat agents when certain criteria are met, including there are no adequate, approved, and available alternatives. Emphasis mine.

Considering that the institutional focus, from day one, has always been on Vaccination as the only solution to getting out of this declared pandemic, and that you have every incentive by the captured regulators who join the companies they used to regulate in lucrative executive positions, the politicians whose campaigns get funded by the Pharma lobbyists, and the academic institutions who are influenced by industry funding and tailor research accordingly to make sure that it stays that way. It would impossible to pretend that objectivity is ruling the day when billion$ in "durable revenue streams" are at stake for companies who have zero liability for adverse effects from their experimental injections up to mass death (1 min).

One of the things that's continued to bother me is how little attention was paid by the institutes and organizations supposedly looking out for us with regard to co-morbidities we could control for. That is, our weight. While we can't control/affect age which seems to be the highest indicator for mortality caused by the resultant disease, weight is very strongly correlated to hospitalization and mortality. In fact, it took until March of 2021 for the CDC to release mortality information tying those medically overweight and obese to mortality.

Among those hospitalized 27.8% were overweight while 50.2% were obese.
The CDC defines overweight as having a body mass index of 25 or higher, while obesity has a BMI of 30 or more.
In other words, 78% of hospitalizations from March to December 2020 were fat. We have even better information than this though - check out page 20 from the World Obesity report, quote:

"Globally, at the end of 2020, COVID-19 mortality rates were more than ten times higher in countries where
overweight prevalence exceeds 50% of adults (weighted average 66.8 deaths per 100,000 adults) compared
with countries where overweight prevalence is below 50% of adults (weighted average of 4.5 deaths per
100,000 adults). Equally, COVID-19 mortality rates are similarly significantly higher in countries where average adult BMI exceeds 25 kg/m2."

You want to be an actual hero? Try running a calorie deficit for a year if you are overweight and be responsible with your health. Use whatever strategy you want, vegan, carnivore, fasting, I don't care. I really shouldn't have to care, but they want to force me to mask, social distance, and risk experimental injections to protect you.

I believe the average adult American male weight was 160 lbs in the 1950s. What is it now, 220? 230? Did our genetics collectively evolve in the span 60 years? No. By all accounts, this is a fat person elimination disease ( again, 8 in 10 hospitalizations). Like I said, I shouldn't have to care being overweight is an individual's choice just like getting vaccinated, but because people accept the decrees and mandates of authoritarians and are increasingly accepting of force over voluntarism, here we are.

That said, the authoritarians want to remove all individual's sovereignty over their own body to force them to risk literal experimental injections that cannot stop the spread, do not stop mutation and some argue put additional environmental stresses to supercharge viral mutation, and serve only to potentially lessen the symptoms of those who are infected, that is if they even express symptoms at all. It's Insane, especially in the context of the current excess deaths count by the CDC's own numbers (table midway down the page).

Even if we were to inject/vaccinate 100% in the United States, AND you believe that mutation can only occur in the unvaccinated, you will never get all other countries on board and vaccinated 100% at the same time - that kind of coordination is impossible and if it wasn't, I think few of us would want to live in that world due to obvious implications. So the justification to force people to take experimental injections is both unreasonable and unjustifiable.

Despite the seemingly pervasive presence of the Delta variant, mortality is flattened, the curve is currently flattened to the 5-year average, and the media blitz and political pressure that is and has been driven by "Case Count" to manufacture fear and subsequent compliance is running on continued deliberate public ignorance and momentum as the CDC just revoked EUA of the PCR "test" (manufacturing process) 2 weeks ago
which has been the main driver for finding asymptomatic "Cases" this entire time.

Although completely invalid, they won't discontinue use of PCR "testing" until December, of course, for political expedience and pressuring "vaccine" or experimental injection compliance. So "Confirmed Cases" has been bullshit this entire time, which even the hyper-partisan New York Times caught on to the scam a year ago. Hope they didn't make you pay for tests.

In the meantime, you have good people out there attempting to hold the FDA responsible when the time comes to actually approve these Emergency Use Authorized injections, see Dr. Wastila's updated petition to the FDA here, and you can check out a summary publication of their concerns here if you don't want to read the full 20-page petition. Consider making public comment if you share any of their concerns.

These people, these systems we abide by and trust, are full of a bunch of self-interested frocking liars and at this point I can put this no other way, people are utter fools to trust their health to them.

I don't disagree with you.

Based on what i've read about ivermectin ( all from medical sources ), i think it is extremely useful for treating covid-19 when it is severe. For prophylaxis reasons, it makes me concerned if use was widespread and not properly used - in the same manner that impartial dosing with an antibiotic is said to be responsible for monster strains like MRSA..

The best thing the USA government could do is run one additional short clinical trial and see how it goes. I believe they are actually doing that in the UK as they're realizing that vaccination is not working as well as they'd like and are looking for other options.

Covid puts around 2% of the world at risk of death. The real problem is that lack of treatment can increase that death rate like crazy. Our true limit is the efficiency and capacity of hospitals. i see why the government has tried desperate measures and wants to look like they've got a handle on the situation. But Ivermectin can speed up the rate at which people recover and we'd get extra hospital capacity.

Downside: any form of treatment through drugs or vaccines will eventually select for a variant.
Upside: as long as ivermectin continues to work, more people will gain natural immunity, which is our best weapon against the spread and proliferation of covid.

neptronix said:
Upside: as long as ivermectin continues to work, more people will gain natural immunity, which is our best weapon against the spread and proliferation of covid.

My friend who is a doctor at the University research hospital here says that folks have demonstrated an ability to get reinfected with COVID-19 as little as three months after recovering from it. So that's not a very good weapon against it.

Chalo said:
My friend who is a doctor at the University research hospital here says that folks have demonstrated an ability to get reinfected with COVID-19 as little as three months after recovering from it. So that's not a very good weapon against it.

Surely that's happened to some people, but large scale studies put the chance of reinfection between 80-99.3% over the course of a year, depending on which source of data you're looking at.

Some example info:
https://www.cidrap.umn.edu/news-per...ple who had COVID-19,last week in The Lancet.
https://jamanetwork.com/journals/jamainternalmedicine/fullarticle/2780557

Reinfection tends to be way milder when it does happen.
So an infection gives you protection equivalent or better than the average vaccine ( 60%-91% ).

Personally, my immunity is still working for me after 1.5 years. I've been in contact with the public daily and even manage to survive the gym that's probably swimming in delta.

As with SARS and MERS, immunity to this coronavirus is also very long lasting. ( SARS and MERS survivors have had their blood tested a decade later and they saw appreciable and useful levels of antibodies )

This tube of Durvet Ivermectin costs about $16 on Amazon right now.

Ivermectin.jpg

Unfortunately, it is not recommended for humans, and this tube is designed for treating horses for a variety of parasites. The tube is marked off in 50-lb animal increments, so a 600-lb horse should be dosed with 12 lines worth. The full tube is rated with 24 lines, and can treat 1200-lbs of animals.

Although it is advertised for horses, the comments show satisfied customers using it on dogs, pet pigs, goats, and even pet rats.

If you want to try Ivermectin, contact your doctor to schedule a consultation. If you and your doctor feel it is appropriate for you, they will write you a prescription for human-dose Ivermectin.

On an interesting side-note, up to 40% of wild deer tested had the Covid-19 virus (and all wild deer have parasites), so you may wish to keep a tube handy in the fridge for your pets. https://www.nature.com/articles/d41586-021-02110-8

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KSmhcffAfQM

[youtube]KSmhcffAfQM[/youtube]

My wife and I exhibited covid symptoms in April 2019 (not a typo) in the midwest USA. Has anyone heard any evidence that this virus was out in the wild in that time frame?

I was in contact with a wide variety of Army soldiers from all over the world, at Ft Riley, Kansas. Now I believe was infected with the original Covid-19 in January 2020. The doctor said it was "flu-like symptoms, but it is NOT the flu"

"CDC Director Dr. Rochelle Walensky stated that with the Delta variant, coronavirus vaccines cannot prevent transmission anymore, and urged people to get vaccinated “to protect you from transmission to others,. . ."

JackFlorey said:
Stealth_Chopper said:
Thank You for breaching this topic, what is happening here?
I live in Connecticut, my relatives have a place in Provincetown & My friends live in Brooklyn NY

The covid outbreaks at these locations, among vaccinated people is real and it is widespread.
Yep. The mRNA vaccines are only about 60% effective against the Delta variant (but 90+% effective at preventing serious illness or death.) Hence the need to wear masks even if you are vaccinated.

Stealth_Chopper said:
"CDC Director Dr. Rochelle Walensky stated that with the Delta variant, coronavirus vaccines cannot prevent transmission anymore, and urged people to get vaccinated “to protect you from transmission to others,. . ."
Yep. It does not prevent transmission - but it greatly reduces it. Hence the return of masking mandates.

spinningmagnets said:
I was in contact with a wide variety of Army soldiers from all over the world, at Ft Riley, Kansas. Now I believe was infected with the original Covid-19 in January 2020. The doctor said it was "flu-like symptoms, but it is NOT the flu"
That is _barely_ possible. You can get an antibody test to be sure.

(Note that I got very sick with a flu-like illness in Feb 2020. I was sure it was COVID-19 since it was so bad. It wasn't.)

https://www.fda.gov/consumers/consumer-updates/why-you-should-not-use-ivermectin-treat-or-prevent-covid-19

The FDA has received multiple reports of patients who have required medical support and been hospitalized after self-medicating with ivermectin intended for horses.

It's a treatment for worms. COVID-19 isn't caused by worms, though.

Covid-19 mimics a protein from our own immune system, so the Covid cells can hide in plain sight.

https://www.advancedsciencenews.com/coronaviruses-mimic-immune-proteins-and-hide-in-plain-site/

There are dozens of parasites that use the same method to hide from a mammals immune system, and worms are just such a parasite. Millions of people in Africa and South America use Ivermectin every year with the full approval of the WHO, the UN, and every other NGO that is involved in third world diseases...to suppress the protein that allows these bad agents to hide.

It just suppresses a protein...your own immune system does the actual virus killing. Ivermectin doesn't kill worms either, it takes away their protein-camouflage. Your immune system kills the worms.

I suppose that penicillin is a venereal disease treatment, sooo...nobody should use it for other infections?

I'm starting to see a lot of chat from doctors in India about Fluvoxamine. It is another medication that was tested as safe for humans several decades ago, so the patent has expired.

You should definitely not try to get fluvoxamine at a very low cost over the internet without a doctors examination and a prescription.

Spinningmagnets is right about ivermectin's large variety of human applications.To simply think of it as horse medicine is very wrong.

I think India is throwing random drugs at their problem and hoping something will stick if they're going so far as to play with an antidepressant.

As usual, i'd like to see the clinical trials :wink:

It is legal for a doctor to prescribe Ivermectin to a human patient, but as of yet, the FDA only approves of prescribing Ivermectin for specific things. Using a prescription drug for something that it is not approved for yet is called "off label" prescribing.

India is in an unusual position where they desperately want as many vaccines as they can get, but they have over a billion people and only 10% have been vaccinated so far. Many Indians are getting sick with Covid and the variants, and many are dying. Therefore, they are using anything they can get their hands on for "compassionate care", in an attempt to simply reduce the number of deaths, and hospitalizations too.

In the video below, Dr Mobeen Syed is answering a lot of viewers who are asking how to get Ivermectin without resorting to "horse" Ivermectin.

Dr Mobeen detailed how he investigated getting 3mg Ivermectin pills through normal channels, and based on a viewers suggestion, the same exact pills could be sourced through "goodrx.com", for 1/10th the cost. Dr Mobeen said he took four pills for a dose of 12mg, which is what he recommends for the average sized adult.

https://www.goodrx.com/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ngER0ncJ25k

[youtube]ngER0ncJ25k[/youtube]

Side note..
NAC is known in science to reduce the cytokine storm and is currently in phase 2/3 trials as a covid-19 treatment.

People use it for all kinds of conditions today because it is one of the most potent antioxidants known to man, and can also perform it's work in the brain. It is about 25%-50% effective as some psychiatric drugs.

After some promising trials with covid-19 and NAC came in.. the FDA issued threatening letters to most suppliers of NAC and most suppliers have pulled it.

Safety is not the reason. NAC is extremely safe and well understood.

I think this is proof that the FDA wants complete control over what drugs you take and wants to pick winners and losers rather than allowing us to make an informed choice on how to treat ourselves.

I wonder what other useful and safe drugs are under this suppression.

You can assume a drug is safe and effective at treating a given illness, but a regulatory agency has to test it, and evaluate the test results. It's a process that some people exploit for profit, surely corrupted to some degree by graft politics like everything else, but it's still a process that has to happen.

Prune juice isn't certified safe and effective for the relief of constipation, but anecdotally we know it works. Maybe you can try that if you come down with COVID-19? It has fewer adverse side effects than livestock dewormer or fish tank parasite treatment.

Quite a few people are coming down with Covid, and its after they have been vaccinated.

Being vaccinated seems to dramatically reduce hospitalizations, and also deaths, so the vaccines are a good thing.

Again...I have been vaccinated, and I am pro-vaccine.

Travel to India and other places is "not recommmended" by the state department, but...the federal government absolutely has the right to deny travel visas. They recommend that any travellers to and from India "self quarantine".

I'm still wearing a mask, still social distancing, and still limiting my travel through public crowds. The Delta and Lambda variants are here in the US, and they are spreading.

Back