Jerky / power with no throttle

medusa569

100 W
I had a problem start yesterday. aside from on off power performance ( which I attribute to a likely unsolid connection on one phase wire. Hopefully I have that fixed but I had a jerkiness when the wheel moved as I was at a stop sign and I wasn't even depressing the thumb throttle. I tried it again today after I checked my phase connections and I still had jerkiness while nowhere near the throttle..just the battery on. From the 2 incidents I can't remember of the wheel was moving the least little bit or if one incident was a dead stop. Needless to say discerning that it can seemingly take off on its own with out the throttle being applied. Or could this be one of the signs of a bad hall sensor.??
thanks

claire

sounds like your throttle has a bad connection somewhere or some water in the pot, look for shorts.

Check and tighten the ground connetion and integrity of the ground wire to the throttle.

My bike recently gave a small jerk forward when I plugged in the battery then as I rode it the power would surge and occasionally feel like full throttle while I only wanted a medium cruise. Not what I want when riding in traffic. :shock:

After a bit of that I stopped and found that the throttle ground wire pin was a bit loose in the in the harness connector.
Adjusted/ bent the socket a bit till it was a snug fit and the surge went away. :D

Thanks to those responders. It did turn out to be one of the connections sights wasn't sitting in all the way. simple problem solved.

Back