Jonboy's Raptor 140

Merlin said:
Jonboy said:
thought i'd put a pic up of my lads bike in it's latest carnation.. all cromotor n 17" rimed up!

Adaptto & Cro setup went the same as my bike.. all good & by the book thankfully :|

Only prob now is the spanking new cro seems to have a small amount of bearing play on the disc side!! Everything is done up tight so it can only be a bearing i think, bloody ebikes!!

did you have a cro v4?
i had the same problem. the axle from this zelena guys is on one side to small. the bearing has play.

Its a V3, I asked them.. I must say they've been as supportive as they can when they are far away.. I just really don't want down time this time of year. Have you fixed yours somehow or are you using it as is?

i made some videos, but got no reply.
but thats not new to me.

first i thought it was a bad "china bearing"
i buyed a SKF Bearing and it was the same.(Bearing play)
so i realized that the "play" of these bearings are ok/normal.

but this kind of "play" was not ok for ME.
so i seached and asked some companies how they fix this in working machines (shafts)

all (3) told me to use the LOCTITE 638. Its the newest and can handle up to 0,25mm of space/play on a shaft.

that fixed the play complete. i have 1500km on it using 13,5KW and heat up to 150°

atm, everything runs well.

if you want, i will search the video.

Hi Merlin a look at the video would be interesting.

I have a small amount of intermittent play since my tests a few days back I think it must be temperature related. I used a Granville loccking solution as it was all i could get my hands on last weekend.

I've just ordered some loctite 638 as I'm sure it's a better product, hopefully it will arrive before the weekend so that I can apply it then.

Attachments

• 20160430_173329[1].jpg
    20160430_173329[1].jpg
    334.3 KB · Views: 864
Thought i'd stick this pic up .. latest incarnation of one of our raptors.. Stuck a 2.75 x 17 on a few months into lock down.. I'll have to get the vids out.. getting a bit KR on the turns :lol: I'll dream on but it feels good :lol: .. My Son has road gapped it & we've Tag team riding done near 7k off road on this one since end of march.. it's been perfect.

Its cro & Nuc 12 btw

Attachments

• rappy (3).jpg
    rappy (3).jpg
    394.1 KB · Views: 336
Nice forks... those are my dream forks. I have a similar Bike. 7kw ... looking to buy a better controller. What would you suggest? Oh and what is the thing poking out of your seat mount?

Back