Keys up & down not working on parameters menu

shayz

100 µW
Hi,
I bought new e-bike this week and i want to remove the speed limit.

In the lcd display side-
I can get threw all the parametrs menu but can't change any of them with the up&down buttons .

In the controller side-
I try disconnect the only connector that connected(white&black)
Try also replace the connection with the other 2

Also try to find manual of the controller without success.

Lcd model: kt lcd3
Controller model: kt 36\48 zwsrd (see attached)

Is it software or hardware limitation?
Thanks.

Attachments

• IMG_20230727_203811.jpg
    IMG_20230727_203811.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 7
  • IMG_20230727_203737.jpg
    IMG_20230727_203737.jpg
    2.8 MB · Views: 7
  • IMG_20230727_203722.jpg
    IMG_20230727_203722.jpg
    4.1 MB · Views: 7
  • IMG_20230727_203751.jpg
    IMG_20230727_203751.jpg
    2.9 MB · Views: 7
  • IMG_20230727_203739.jpg
    IMG_20230727_203739.jpg
    2.9 MB · Views: 6
In the controller side-
I try disconnect the only connector that connected(white&black)
Try also replace the connection with the other 2
Gutsy move. Does the bike still work after doing that? The black and white connector on KT controllers is frequently the reverse function (when black and white are shorted/switched together). Not sure what you meant by the other 2, but other two wire connectors could be cruise control, brakes, and sometimes lights.
If it's a factory e-bike, it could be that they locked down the firmware to keep owners from messing with things, for legal reasons, or so there's less to diagnose for warranty service, etc.

Thanks for the answer.
The bike work great but with speed limit (25kmh)
About the 2 connectors: i meant that i used the plug the connected to the black&white and try connect him to the 2 lonely connectors(1 each time) .

I bought the bike from local store- is it called factory e-bike?

What are my options?
Do i need to buy new controller and lcd? 😭

The speed limit on a KT display is on the first settings screen, You press up/down within a few seconds of power up. The first screen shows the speed limit value. The up and down buttons will change it. If they do not, then the bike seller may have locked the speed on the LCD3, and that's not something I've know about.

Can you change the wheel diameter, or switch between km and miles?

Can you get into the second P screen or the 3rd C screen and view the P and C settings?

If you can view the settings write them down and go buy an unlocked LCD3. Load tjhem into the new LCD3 with your desired speed limit. It's also possible to figure out what P and C you need for a new LCD3 w/o knowing the old one's values, but that's work.

I can see all the parameters(speed , p , c) but can't change anything..
I wrote all the values in case I'll need ..
Are you sure that the lock related to the lcd and not the controller?
If this is the case, i will order new kt lcd.

I can see all the parameters(speed , p , c) but can't change anything..
I wrote all the values in case I'll need ..
Are you sure that the lock related to the lcd and not the controller?
If this is the case, i will order new kt lcd.
Can you post what the P and C parameters are set to now?

p1100
p21
p31
p40
p512
c17
c20
c31
c41
c510
c63
c70
c80
c90
c10n
c110
c124
c130
c142

KT controllers will run without the LCD. Do you have the round connector or the flat JST connector? With the flat connector, they usually ship a new KT controller with the jumper that allows this, Then you get throttle and a default PAS. Probably no speed limit, and if you rig up an external bike computer or have a GPS, you can see if it goes any faster to test that a new LCD3 would work,

It's based on the fact that the controller powers up when battery power (red) is connected to the blue ('ignition" wire). That's what the display does when turned on. In fact, it seems all the various displays I've seen, whether KT or other brand, do it this way and they use the same connector pinout.

KT-Jumper.jpg

If you have the round connector, you would have to stick wires into the 4n1 cable. Its a female plug, so the sticking in part isn't hard, but it's more risky because you don't want to jumper the battery power to ground or to either of the data leads. I don't have a round connector pinout handy. but I have done it.

It turns out the second jumper, where they ground the data receive line to the display, that may not be necessary,.

Thanks,
For me i think its too risky to try this test..
So, if i will bypass the lcd its probably will work as you said.
If that the case i will prefare spend 30$ and buy new lcd to test if the lcd made the problem.
What do you say?

p1100
p21
p31
p40
p512
c17
c20
c31
c41
c510
c63
c70
c80
c90
c10n
c110
c124
c130
c142
There's nothing in these settings that would limit speed. P3 is set to 1, so I'm assuming when you are testing for top speed, you have your assist level set to 5. A new LCD won't do anything, since everything is maxxed already. The simple test to see if the speed is locked is to raise the back wheel and apply full throttle. If the speed is the same as when you are riding full throttle, then it's mostly likely locked. If your speed while riding is lower than the no load (wheel raised) speed, then it is not locked.

I forgot to mention that in the first screen setting there is the speed parameter that show 25 kmh and it also locked and can't change..

This is one of many videos how to change speed limit.
They using the up & down buttons in the first setting
In this video (48 sec) he change to 72 kmh

KT controllers will run without the LCD. Do you have the round connector or the flat JST connector? With the flat connector, they usually ship a new KT controller with the jumper that allows this, Then you get throttle and a default PAS. Probably no speed limit, and if you rig up an external bike computer or have a GPS, you can see if it goes any faster to test that a new LCD3 would work,

It's based on the fact that the controller powers up when battery power (red) is connected to the blue ('ignition" wire). That's what the display does when turned on. In fact, it seems all the various displays I've seen, whether KT or other brand, do it this way and they use the same connector pinout.

View attachment 337238

If you have the round connector, you would have to stick wires into the 4n1 cable. Its a female plug, so the sticking in part isn't hard, but it's more risky because you don't want to jumper the battery power to ground or to either of the data leads. I don't have a round connector pinout handy. but I have done it.

It turns out the second jumper, where they ground the data receive line to the display, that may not be necessary,.
I think I have round connector cause I don't see any flat JST connector connecting to my controller(maybe its in somewhere else ?).
can you explain in more detail in case i have round connector about :
"stick wires into the 4n1 cable. Its a female plug, so the sticking in part isn't hard"
is there any video guide for this test ?
and if I will buy new LCD and replace with the locked one, will I success changing parameters ?
thank you very much

Back