Kross custom build thread

toft

10 W
Hy, this is my motivation build thread:).
I do not have too much time so the work are not going too fast.
First picture:
DSC01947.JPG

Base for this build it was Kross sfx full mtb.
I was riding on this:
DSC01301.JPG

DSC01302.JPG

regards, Mike.

Always like to see custom frames, i don't know if your finished fabrication on this one or not?
I would, if you don't already plan to, suggest some support from the battery box to the downtube, little like this perhaps-->

DSC01947.JPG

Nice work anywayz, best of luck getting her up and running...

KiM

Thanks:), Yes supports will be necessity. That will the next step;). Thanks for suggestion. After I also planning making integreted carrier. I folded up some parts now becase want to see how it presents:).
Box inside the frame is for 24s headways:).
Regards, Mike:).

I'd go even one further, and add another fat square tube under the box, then the supports to that.

Why? not so much for supporting the box, but for adding more side to side stiffness. Whippy from side to side is the big reason the Y frame went bye bye. Building in more square tube will stiffen er up, and prevent the box itself from bowing under the seat weight. Mabye it's thick and strong enough already, but I could see the box developing a wrinkle. Seat tube would be lengthened to connect to the square tube under the box.

I could be wrong, but I just like overbuilt. I'm so good at breaking stuff. The supports AJ shows should be done for sure at least.

I do not testing frame by seating on the saddle. But this box with cover on up its like very big diameter tube. I'm thinking it will be enough stiffness. If not, well. Will thinking about other solution.
Unexpected my motor has accident few weeks ago so needed to rewiring.
DSC01532.JPG

Regards mike.

Few new frame elements. I'm thinking welding is the end.
Sorry, bad picture quality:(
DSC01960.JPG

I like that a LOT better. I'm no engineer, but it looks like it should be strong makes me lots happier. Closed triangles always good. If nothing else, the bike should wag it's tail a lot less. 99% of the time it wouldn't matter, but get the high speed wobbles and you'll be glad you stiffened it up.

Yup, more stiffness is good:)
After welding time for grinding - I hate this part:(
New picture:):
DSC01962.JPG

Im thinking, have a name for this one prototype;) "BIRDY"
:)

Painting jobs:).
Before I should take a body putty but I'm tired so I didn't. Maybe in the future. If electric parts approaching earlier losing putty.
Picture with base paint:
DSC01968.JPG

UP:)
DSC01974.JPG

I'm sitting today. Frame stiffness is rather good.
Now time to make some kind of logo.
And upper cover.
Regards, Mike.

Up:)
New details - upper cover (thanks bro:))
DSC01990.JPG

DSC01989.JPG

Where can I buy cycleanalist with good price?

I think methods is doing a 120$ sale in one of his threads.. great guy good support I highly recommend him.
If your not in the US maybe ebikes.ca then. Like your build wish I had the skills to make something from nothing.
Keep us updated please.

Thanks for warm words:). Ill be updating..
I live in eastern Europe - Poland - so rather ebike.ca or maybe some occasions on ebay.
Regards, Mike:).

So, electric parts approached.
DSC02020.JPG

BMS for 24s. Interesting is that on the upper board (where is a second plug) we have not only 24 pin as last but also 25 and 26 number but without pins. So it is posible to using this BMS as 25 -26 cells bms also?
DSC02030.JPG

Driver is 12 fet 4130 as I remember correctly . And 100V capacitors.
Summary - it will be OK for this build.
Now I have other trouble.
I need to buy some cell logs or cell protect beepers. Was thinking about cellog8 but cant find on hobbyking.
They have same 6 cell versions but I dont now... Now thinking about something small but want to have possibility of manually correction of alarm voltage level (I have lifepo not lipo).
Well, yes I have a BMS and also cut off protecion in driver but.... Read some post then bms could be fail...
Oh yes question. (one more).
I have Turnigy acucell-8. So want this cell-protecion beper with the same kind of plug. But dont know the name of this connection (something like jstx or something). Sorry, up to now I was using to balancing my lion battery, computer pins and rs232 port plug;). But now, I thing its a time for something with most mainstream - typical setup.
Regards, Mike.

Hy again.
Few new infos.
There is current look:
DSC02044.JPG

(sory -not sharp)
On this time motor is running and instalation almost finish (need charging plugs yet).
Problem is that motor not running smoothly. Running robust, with hammering effect. More loudly then should be.
I tried reconfiguring hall wires. But effect was not working motor. I rather not checked all configurations but a few and any modification thats not spinning motor.
So maybe problem is in configuration of my driver? Any Ideas? I read somthing about phase currents and proportion one to three or something?

So today was first ride:).
I do not know what current limit is in the driver, but on this time for mi is enough.
Powerfully and fast:).
Most of time I was riding on switch one - slowest option. On switch three driver has 120% of throotle. Im not use this yet. Too scary:).
DSC02060_1.JPG

And now main problem is some waterprof solution for all this cables...
DSC02061_1.JPG

Any Idea what to do with this?
And yes rear light:):
DSC02063.JPG

Regards, mike:)

Back