LINKY - Foldable Electric Skateboard

Though I presume that most of us building boards here are in it for the fun more than the practicability I can see the benefits such a light folding board can bring for a commute.
Good luck with the crowdfunding. Saying that though, should you succeed I hope you are more in touch with what you can, and cannot, do - unlike other such crowd funded schemes who promise xx date delivery and provide xx plus yy

At 25% funded already, this looks like it will be funded.

I think it should be pretty cheap to manufacture as all the parts are custom, and in volume, that beats paying loaded for a board, caliber etc.

What's the watt hours Linky? 18650 or lipo? Wheel diameter?

linky said:
Linky uses a 100 wh, 18650 Sony-Li-Ion battery. The dimension of the wheel is 83 mm.

PS - thanks for saying you think it will be funded - we certainly hope so too! Actually it's really expensive to manufacture because it's made by hand in Italy, so the price is not much of a markup. But certainly if we sell like, 500 units, we can get our costs down a bit

Alexandra.

Good stuff! I just hope you manage expectations For heavy people in general. It would suck to have issues because you don't know how heavy some of the world is!

linky said:
Linky uses a 100 wh, 18650 Sony-Li-Ion battery. The dimension of the wheel is 83 mm.

PS - thanks for saying you think it will be funded - we certainly hope so too! Actually it's really expensive to manufacture because it's made by hand in Italy, so the price is not much of a markup. But certainly if we sell like, 500 units, we can get our costs down a bit

Alexandra.

Free American advice, change the Name to Linki. less of a toy like connotation and gives a fashionable euro feel.

We put Y on the end of toys and childlike words in English.

linky said:
I just hope you manage expectations For heavy people in general.

Thanks NYOliver!
Heavy: we've tested it with 160 kilos (350 pounds) and it stands up. We've had some pretty tall and heavy friends ride it.

Naming: The name linky is a registered trademark so we won't be changing it any time soon :) - but the idea was a combination (neologism) of Linked + Community (hence the Y), because we like to think that there is a community out there of users with similar values to ours, and in the project's next phase we want to bring that together.

There's very little hope of your board being usable transportation for anyone that heavy. People don't pay $1000 for something that has a poor experience, and I don't think they could have a very great experience if they are that heavy, the board will die, and certainly the battery and motor will struggle after a very short time.

Back