Long Frame Battery

Ozzzz

100 W
I wrote a post a week or so back about building a battery for my folding bike 10s 250w.. Then I realized I didn't really know enough to be even asking.. lol

I have this case:

Screen Shot 2019-07-07 at 11.36.35 am.png

Tuns out in it's the most efficient use of space the dimensions are just bigger than a 5x2 cell holder (by 400mm long). I can get my head around building 5s 10p easily this way but for 10s 5p, connecting cells lying end to end seems like the easy way? or conventionally should I stick to building 2 parallel strings in each 5x2 holder and connecting them together (still with a problem accessing each holder from the side?

The battery that came with the bike, a puny 6ah, has the cells vertical so isn't much help.

Any advice? :)

My boxes are slightly longer, they have around 380mm of usable length in the metal tube part

Keen to learn, whether I use pre-tabbed cells or weld. I have two of these cheap folding bikes and they both have the same battery.

It's just, with many searches, I cant see a way to deal with cells/groups joined end to end (ie. filling it with cells lying on their sides rather than vertical) which would make the best use of this size box at least 5P rather than 4p (with a big gap along the top). These holders do fit inside vertically:

Screen Shot 2019-07-16 at 4.12.42 pm.png

I found 10s BMS that also fits within those dimensions (standing vertically).

:thumb:

Back