Main Switch in + or -? On board charging.

furp

100 W
I am going to wire a 9 pin plug to my next board for onboard charging and balancing. Does it matter if I break the + or - with my ec5 loop to disconnect the esc? Does it matter on which one my antispark is?

From what I read so far, not really. But better safe than sorry :)

I don't think so. I think you can put it on either the pos or neg side. It seems to be more so on the neg/ground/black side. However, most RC is done on the pos end. I assume, it's particularly due to Alien's original diagrams that many people just ended up following like myself. Correct me if I'm wrong :D

the 9 pin plug is so awesome! just make sure it can handle the AMPS (per pin) from your charger... these connectors are a bit hard to find. ... im loving it on my latest build it makes it so easy to charge and makes the board setup look much more professional. Who needs a BMS??.. see my thread about it here: http://endless-sphere.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=31&t=62642

the anti spark can go anywhere, however if you can afford it buy the 'electronic ignitions switches' APS has them available so do I, then you will have a nice panel mount on/off switch & also get rid of the "loop" which is difficult to mount.

these two upgrades/features make DIY boards look like shop bought ones!

Ok thanks guys, so I will just go with all switches on negative. I really like the convenience of the new switches but will go the old loop route for now to save time, space and money. For the 9 pin connector I will try a dsub plug cause I was not able to find a better one. Hoping it will stand the 5.8 Amps while charging I will test it off board before I put everything together.

Back