mini camera for onboard video (MD80 clone)

Diamondback

10 kW
Hi all.

i have been searching high and low for some raw avi from the MD80 clone camera.

these shoot 720 x 480 at 30fps and are amazingly small.
i have just ordered a MD80 off ebay (though at the price point, im assuming it's a clone and not the genuine MD80)

i cant wait for it to be delivered so i can start to get some ride videos.

my question is, has anyone got a link to some raw uncompressed avi files from the MD80 clone camera ?
there are a heap on youtube, but i want the avi file straight from the camera, not the mp4 from youtube.

can someone that has one of these little cameras maybe upload something to rapidshare (or similar) ?
i don't care what the video is of, just a few minutes so i can test some editing softwares that i have so i can see
what works and what doesnt.

thanks in advance.

Jason.

I have one of those little cameras. It's OK Camera, but I wish it had wider angle lens. My MD80 has the focus set too close. Correcting this focus problem is possible in theory, but it's not easy because the lens barrel is fixed with clue and cannot be rotated to get correct focus.

I will send you a link to one film clip I made with MD80

KAI

Hello here you are one of movies from this camera:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SrzkRvxZyQE

thanks.

as i said, i didn't want the youtube links as these are compressed to mp4 or flv depending upon resolution.

Kai already supplied me with a link to a raw video (164mb for 2 mins of video).

also, that youtube clip looks like it's from the genuine MD80, not the clone.
you can tell because the time stamp on the clones is on the bottom right and is yellow.

thanks anyway.

Jason.

My camera saving format is avi.b But 164mb and 2min? all this movie has 350mb. Anyway sorry. I was Reading something different then was wrote:).
But try youtube tools to cutting movies etc.

thanks for the info.

i already have a few editing and compression tools on my pc.
i usually do all the editing and stuff on my pc, then upload the clips to youtube.

mb size per minute depends upon the compression algorithm the camera uses.
i have seen some that have basically zero compression at all, and others that have heaps.

for example my full HD camera (my full size one) takes about 100mb per minute is i record at 720P
and substantially more if i record in full HD 1080P.

i bought this little camera to use for on-board video, so i don't risk damaging my normal camera.
it's also heaps easier to mount due to it's size. i can use this little camera (when i get it) for other stuff too.
i plan to put it on my RC toys too. see what video's i can get then.

Jason.

G'day Jason, I thought you may be interested in this thread on the same camera

http://endless-sphere.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=25989

thanks for the link.

that thread was what led me to buying the MD80 in the first place.
i had been searching for a small inexpensive camera that has reasonable video performance.

when i saw the video that his little camera was producing, i jumped at one.
for the cost, im not gonna complain, and even if i only use it 5 times before it dies (as these seem prone to doing)
i won't be too disappointed .

it obviously wont be as good as a brand name cam, but at the price point, it's good enough for me.
ill be using this little cam in situations that i wouldnt want to risk my normal camera.

im still waiting for it to arrive.

Jason.

Back