More low end torque for up hill climbing power

https://kellycontroller.com/shop/kls-mn/

the weight is right under the price.

Somehow missed that posted there. So 3-5 pounds depending on Amp chosen. My current Controller says it is 80Amp, I take it that is 80 continues? If so I would need to go bigger to one of the top 3 choices (270A, 350A, 380A)?

The 380A for 30 seconds will make the motorcycle take off like a rocket and leave the wife flat on her back on the road?! :lol: 8)

If so I would need to go bigger to one of the top 3 choices (270A, 350A, 380A)?

I would. Just because you can pump 380A through it doesn't mean that you have to. But if you have small controller you don't get that option.

More amps means more torque means more heat. That's the way these things work. That is why thermal management is key to maximizing performance. if you have the overhead in the controller and battery then you can combine that with thermal monitor to tune the motor. Then you can also have thermal protection so that if you are not paying attention or push it too hard you won't risk hurting the motor. CAv3 can do this, but it's not the only way.

The thing that sucks about overheating these motors is that they will get hot enough to demagnetize the motor magnets somewhat. Which reduces the performance from then on.

Back