Mxus 3000 problem

magna_503

10 W
I picked a Mxus 3000 from roadrash last year, and have not had a chance to test it thursday. Once I have it installed on the bike, I can't barely pedal without any wiring connected. I literally jumped on the pedal trying to get the motor moving.I don't think there should be that much resistance at all.

Anyhow, I hooked it up to the 18f lyen controller. Max speed is 21mph for one mile. I did 6 mIles total testing different phase/hall combo but couldn't get anywhere past 22mph. Second run was with green/yellow phase and hall wores swapped, and still no luck.
Please let know what is needed to get this motor running.

I did broke middle hall sensor last night pulling a part the motor to see if the phase /hall wiring is ok, and see of anything is causing the motor to have such a high resistance.

If i remember right this was one of the V1 from the group buy.

Not sure if it was one of the motors we installed on a bike for testing or not now that i think about it, It was a while back and i cant find the messages in my inbox.

Anyway if it moves with the controller hooked up it shouldn't be a phase shorting problem.

Hall and phase combo most likely.

Help us figure this out guys

Roadrash.
It did moved with the controller hooked up, but just jerks forward and stop now. And I can't pedal when power is disconnected.

Magna, does your freewheel turn freely? If you omit a spacer/washer behind the gear cassette it can catch on side of hub which will be particularly evident when peddling.

I didn't have the motor cover on the wiring side open last time cause I didn't have the c-clip plier until today . So i had the cover open and here's what I found.

So I removed all the stripped section and reinstalled the motor to make sure that I can rotate it easily. I can now rotate it but still rough with a lot of noise.

I'm not sure if the bearing are shot or what's loose. Please let me know what you think it is.

I think the wires got hot in that area and melted the coating from running the wrong hall and phase combo. I can see in the pic that the solder connection covers are black as hell from getting so hot. Hopefully you didn't blow the controller

The noise sounds like one of the side cover spacers may have fell inside when you were putting it back together...I have had it happen and it made the same noise

There is no way we can get a replacement from mxus after almost a year.

This is an easy fix either way. Pull it back open and see what inside causing that noise.

Any pics of the wire repair ?

I have one washer on the cabling side of the axle, and two washers on the other side of the axle. Do I need another washers on the cabling side?

Thats where they should be

What im trying to say is maybe one fell off the axle when going back together and is inside stuck to the magnets. I have had it happen before

Bearings should be fine with 6 miles on them

Ur are right, it's missing a washer on the wiring side. Once I found a correct size washer, and installed it. It rotate pretty smooth. Just have to wait for a hall sensors and solder everything back on. Hopefully the controller is ok. Block time was set to 0, so hopefully I didn't blow anything on there.

If you need some hall sensors i can send you a few. Anything we can do to get you out enjoying your ride :D

So 2 washers on either side, and the C-clip to hold the cover on?
Its been so long now since I took mine apart, waiting on 12 and 10 awg teflon for upgrade. Plus Im doing other little things, changed to a 2.35 tire, freewheel change etc.

I think these go on the shaft when you place the startor back into the magnets. I forget though!

Back