My price / benefit comparisons of lipo vs lifepo4

tomtnt said:
I got my lifepo4 (48v 15ah) from that seller.

Fast shipping and good customer service. Sent me a new BMS when I accidentally shorted my battery and fried the BMS.

It's super heavy and bulky compared to my lipo setup though

It seems like the BMS is built inside the battery pack..am I right ?

Also, does it come with the balance jack attached so the user can individually balance each cell ?

The BMS is a signalab BMS attached to the top of the battery back and covered with a plastic plate and some foam spacer.

The balance plugs are not exposed for you to check/charge individual cells (unless you unwrap pack and expose BMS)

My lifepo4 with a bms had a separate wire harness for checking with cellog and single cell balancing. As I need to know. Yes lifepo4 is heavy, but is safer for charging in garage with a timer. I can't trust lipo in my garage and me upstairs eating or something.
Plus a signalab bms is a little high on the hvc 3.8v . I think big format cells 10~20ah fill up at 3.5v so 3.6v hvc for balancing would work better for a longer lasting pack.
P.S. I love those blinky leds

Batteries are clearly not a one size fits all here. I appreciate the arguement for LiFePo4 and for LiPo. What makes more sense to discuss rather than price are benefit comparisons related to your needed application... People looking for speed/weight ratio should choose the battery that best fits the application. People with projects that have plenty of battery space can afford to use heavier cells. DIY means do it right for you! It means you get to choose instead of someone else.

ebikedelight said:
tomtnt said:
I got my lifepo4 (48v 15ah) from that seller.

Fast shipping and good customer service. Sent me a new BMS when I accidentally shorted my battery and fried the BMS.

It's super heavy and bulky compared to my lipo setup though

It seems like the BMS is built inside the battery pack..am I right ?

Also, does it come with the balance jack attached so the user can individually balance each cell ?

Been a month and no update, lol. What's the result? Put a pic up of what you got. Give some feedback on the seller.

Back