Nanjing far driver controllers

the auto learn isnt magic, dont forget that, if you dont have the controller setup per the batter output, motor limits, etc etc, the auto learn isnt going to do it for you, well, it will, but you really need to sit down and program the controller.
I would look around and see if you can get an experienced person to maybe do a call with you to help you through it.
The app is wicked and dangerous lol so be careful you will fry stuff or make it never work if not done properly.

how at this point do you know the controller, motor, throttle, wiring you have is even good.
This being a continued issue for you sounds a bit sus...
It worked for me first time , noting changed but the app, will try controller setup you might be on to something, thanks

Fardriver changed the BLE module, and for the newer controller there can be bought a new module.
But some of the older Controllers do not work with the new BLE.
My 721800 does not connect with the new BLE from my 72680.

If you want to change the values you could try an older software version. I had to use 1.5.6 on an old phone to change values and the newer version 2.4.9 to save the changes, because the old version did not save the values.
Yep, I tried a new Bluetooth dongle and after multiple times trying to connect I got the NBLE button on the Paras tab and it let me update pole pairs. The new module seems to drop out with connectivity though. Auto learn still doesn't work. After a few minutes the button on the Paras tab changed back to Open Pro OBLE. I am going to recheck all my ancillary wiring again- as I am worried they may not have the exact pin numbers. Note: I changed controllers the other day as my original bought in 2022 had issues with the app, and I tried updating and it just turned the buzzer on permanently, not beeping, continuous and I can no longer connect to it.
Whatever is going on, one thing for sure is fardrivers app is crap. Never had trouble like this before with controllers.

I used versions 1.5.4 and 1.5.6 of the app, but at some point a message started popping up asking me to log in (originally there was no need to log in). How did I solve it?
You do not need register or login, with my ND72680 everything could be changed and set without ever having contact with fardriver.

But if you have registered and logged in the software will automatically connect to the controller. So you could install an old tablet to your bike and do not need to jump through different menus to get connected.
But if you have bound your controller to a device , you first have to unbind before you use another device.
Problems begin when you have lost your device.
In the manual there is written that you can bind a new device with the serial number of the controller, but there is nothing where you can enter the serial number in the app. Shure it is easy to handle, if it had a good description how to perform it.

I've now tried to connect with the iphone - the software at least displays sensible text boxes and buttons, unlike the android version.
But still wont connect.
I'm guessing it could be because the controller was initially configured while paired to another device, perhaps. In the "Nanjing Far Drive Controller Monitoring Mobile APP Software V1.0 User Manual" it states:
"In addition, if the mobile phone number is lost and the password can not be reset through the mobile phone number, the password can be reset by entering the serial number of the product and re-registering the mobile phone number."
Trouble is I can't figure how to achieve this mysterious re-registering. I've tried putting the serial no. in the phonenumber or email field, but that doesn't seem to work, and I can't find anywhere else to put it.
View attachment 348687
Has anyone else solved this problem?

This damn app only accepts “Chinese phone numbers”

This damn app only accepts “Chinese phone numbers”
You only need an email and 2 minutes to register.

Type in your email and press get. After a few seconds you should receive a code, type that in to the second field and hit register or whatever the button is called and you're done.

hello guys,

i need your help for something maybe stupid but its driving me crazy, i connected my fardriver to the pc i have the data, but its impossible to change the overvoltage protect and restore , since im 72v the previous owner at 90.7v.

no matter if i change the value, it either became gray (cannot overwrite) and when i can, the otiginal value cames back instantly, i dont even know how to save, i usualy use the app phone but i can't change on it . thanks to anyone
View attachment 331651View attachment 331653 it doesnt allow me to change it
I have a question for you. I have a 2023 TC Max, what is a good far driver on the stock battery for me? Mine does not have the controller behind the front wheel, it is under the plastics in front of the motor.

hello, I have an error "Please use new BLE module" on controller. I've tried all the new versions of the app. There are no necessary settings on older versions. How can I solve it?
modelType: ND72530_23_KRB02
Is there a firmware for my controller?

You can't solve this.
If your controller can work wirh the new BLE module then buy a new one. This seems at the moment the only fix.

"New Version: for controller label with "B10/A20/H10"". My controller is not supported by the new bluetooth version. I thought there was another way to solve it.

I have to use an old phone with an old app for my 721800 which is also not working with the new BLE.

I had this issue with so many settings being locked, so I emailed the place I bought my controller from a few months ago. They said they would speak with the factory, then a few days later sent me a new bluetooth dongle. This fixed the "please use new BLE" issue! Only issue I have which isn't the end of the world is I only see 475A max on my 961200 controller which should be getting 600A. Max current is a 600A so not sure why this is.

Probably your motor does not demand more current or you have set the ratios is speed to low to get more current into the motor.

Yesterday I made a test drive with a ND72450 and a QS138-70H V3.
The controller cut power during acceleration and I was only able to repower after the motor was standing still. The controller did not show any error when the power cut out.
Without load the motor is running fine up to maximum revs.
Does this motor have 60 or 120°?

Last edited:
Sorry ,I did not look at the frame count. But I saw a change on the graph when the motor was standing still.

Hi, everybody! I have a question about energy regeneration and was wondering if somebody could be kind enough and help me. The specifications are as follows:
-My battery: 60V 30Ah
-Controller: far driver 72V240A
-Max line current:40A
-MAX phase current: 240A
1. I have turned on regen in function >follow >3EABS when release and in the energy regen section has set the following values
-Stop back current:5A
-maxbackcurr: 10 A
-Batt rated capacity: 30Ah
Now when I ride and release the throttle, I can see on display a charging sign indicating the battery is charging. All looks good here! However, after a while, the power started to be cut totally after a regeneration cycle and no response on the throttle . The only way was to stop completely and then the throttle starts working again. It happened several times.
My question however is:
-Why is it happening and what will be the max values I can choose for stop and max ensuring I do not damage the controller or battery?
-Additionally, I can't change the free throttle or any of the RPM variables in the energy regene section. If I enter a value, the value is not retained and always shows 0. Anybody knows the reason for it? is the section only active with the brake as a regenerator?

Hi, everybody! I have a question about energy regeneration and was wondering if somebody could be kind enough and help me. The specifications are as follows:
-My battery: 60V 30Ah
-Controller: far driver 72V240A
-Max line current:40A
-MAX phase current: 240A
1. I have turned on regen in function >follow >3EABS when release and in the energy regen section has set the following values
-Stop back current:5A
-maxbackcurr: 10 A
-Batt rated capacity: 30Ah
Now when I ride and release the throttle, I can see on display a charging sign indicating the battery is charging. All looks good here! However, after a while, the power started to be cut totally after a regeneration cycle and no response on the throttle . The only way was to stop completely and then the throttle starts working again. It happened several times.
My question however is:
-Why is it happening and what will be the max values I can choose for stop and max ensuring I do not damage the controller or battery?
-Additionally, I can't change the free throttle or any of the RPM variables in the energy regene section. If I enter a value, the value is not retained and always shows 0. Anybody knows the reason for it? is the section only active with the brake as a regenerator?
Stop back current 6A
and
Max back current 9A
+50% of sbc

Try that, must be BMS limit related

It is the BMS that limits the charging current.
What is the setting in your BMS?
I had the same thing when my battery was to cold. The BMS cut regeneration and the controller stops working until you stop the motor completly.

Hiya all,
I have a ND60360_13_ERA controller, which is a couple of years old now, just wandering if the firmware for the controllers is model specific or can a load any version onto the controller?
As I can find/see firmware versions for ND72360's
ND60360.png

Stop back current 6A
and
Max back current 9A
+50% of sbc

Try that, must be BMS limit related
Hi, thanks for the response! Did you mean 9+ 50% of 6A . for example SBC = 6 and MBC= 12 ? On the other hand, when I activated EABS with the brake, I had no issue up to now! maybe less energy generation by the short time braking? :unsure: I charge the battery with a 67V 10A charger, The same setup not working when EABS when release. Do you know by the way what will be the max SBC or MBC I can use of BMS allows

Last edited:
It is the BMS that limits the charging current.
What is the setting in your BMS?
I had the same thing when my battery was to cold. The BMS cut regeneration and the controller stops working until you stop the motor completly.
Unfortunately, I have no access to BMS and don't know if there is a way to access it remotely. The battery pack is original from the motor manufacturer and I have not much info about its properties except that it is either packs of 18650 LG or Samsung batteries with 6-pin output. The charger I use for charging is a 67V 10A charger. On the other hand, yesterday I activated the generation with the brake and noticed no issue up to now. The EABS when release is however more useful for me given my style of riding and locations I mostly ride the motor .Do you know by the way what will be the max SBC or MBC I can use of BMS allows?

If you can charge your battery with 10A then you should also be able to set 10A sbc. Where the 10A come from should not matter.

But if you do not see any values from the bms then there also could be a different problem In the battery

If the bms cuts out during regeneration the controller should give you an undervoltage error and you should see the weak sign in the graph.

If you can charge your battery with 10A then you should also be able to set 10A sbc. Where the 10A come from should not matter.

But if you do not see any values from the bms then there also could be a different problem In the battery

If the bms cuts out during regeneration the controller should give you an undervoltage error and you should see the weak sign in the graph.
Maybe a problem with the battery. Almost one year used. Even I tried as low as 3A and still the same issue. On the other hand, I can understand why using brakes as a regenerator does not create the same problem ( it tested 10 SBC with 20 max BC). The only thing that comes to my mind is that the regeneration through throttle lasts longer than brake and it is likely to produce more energy. What do you think of reducing the max line current from 40 to 35 or 30? Can it be after a charge delivery, the battery cannot handle a full 40 A demand from the controller?

Last edited:
Back