Nanjing far driver controllers

Yet another reasonably useful controller trashed by intentionally f ucked up software, passcodes, company-server-dependent responses, time limits, etc.

I'll add this company to the growing list of ones to recommend people NEVER use.

You do not need register or login, with my ND72680 everything could be changed and set without ever having contact with fardriver.

But if you have registered and logged in the software will automatically connect to the controller. So you could install an old tablet to your bike and do not need to jump through different menus to get connected.
But if you have bound your controller to a device , you first have to unbind before you use another device.
Problems begin when you have lost your device.
In the manual there is written that you can bind a new device with the serial number of the controller, but there is nothing where you can enter the serial number in the app. Shure it is easy to handle, if it had a good description how to perform it.

Problems begin when you have lost your device.
I just made a test witg a second Phone and figured it out.

You first will have to be logged in with email to bind the controller. So it doesn't matter if you lose your phone.

If you sell the controller but forget to unbind and the new owner tries to connect to the controller it will alarm him that the old owner has to authorize him.

It will display a code followed by the controller serial numberIMG_20240324_192647.jpg

I haven't tried it but after 20 brake presses it should display the owners email.

The owner has 2 options now, either press authorize and paste the code that the new owner sent him, this does not transfer ownership but sets up a slave master connection it even says -SLAVE after the controller name. If the new owner accidentally unbinds it in the he has to go through the whole process again.
I think this will also enable the third VCU tab and display controller and location data. I'm not sure though as I can't test this right now.

Or the owner can just go into the app and tap on the controller name in the 1. 2. 3. list and tap unbind, you can do this anytime, the phone does not need to see or be connected the controller.

It's pretty intuitive and took a minute to figure out without looking at the manual.

Screenshot_2024-03-24-19-39-49-469_com.Niuding.MotorNet6~2.jpg

I was successful , with log in , the app works but it says (old version, need to upgrade new version like h68 h685 etc)?
Tried to do Auto learn but no go with the app,
Where is the new version they talk about?
As far as the pc program I had no luck with download I tried second last and last , no program shown up?

Could this be relevant?
Maybe you need the old app or different Bluetooth dongle?
I just used the 244 version a few minutes ago with no issues.

no program shown up?
Could you elaborate on this?

Attachments

• Screenshot_2024-03-24-22-16-48-252_com.alibaba.aliexpresshd.jpg
    Screenshot_2024-03-24-22-16-48-252_com.alibaba.aliexpresshd.jpg
    623.8 KB · Views: 12
Very interesting.
I think this is the reason my new BLE Module from my ND72680 with ...H57 does not work with my ND721800 ...ARG15
But my two usb cables only read values but do not save changes to the 721800 controller.
Or do I also have to login or bind with the isb cable?

Could this be relevant?
Maybe you need the old app or different Bluetooth dongle?
I just used the 244 version a few minutes ago with no issues.

Could you elaborate on this?
I can download the link. motorenglish.
But cannot open it, the pc program.

My Bluetooth looks the same as pic,
No problem connecting Bluetooth it was the registration was my problem,
Not anymore, now it wants update, and the original app wouldn't connect but said upgrade also.

Or do I also have to login or bind with the isb cable?
This is my first Fardriver controller, and I've only had it for a few days, it's still sitting on my desk, so I don't have much experience with it yet.
I only bought the kit with the Bluetooth dongle, so I can't help much with PC dongle issues.

But cannot open it, the pc program.
Are you running on Windows 11? I read somewhere that it doesn't work on win11.
So does the 249 app work now, or are there still issues?

This is my first Fardriver controller, and I've only had it for a few days, it's still sitting on my desk, so I don't have much experience with it yet.
I only bought the kit with the Bluetooth dongle, so I can't help much with PC dongle issues.

Are you running on Windows 11? I read somewhere that it doesn't work on win11.
So does the 249 app work now, or are there still issues?
249 works thanks for link, in the app it has blue box with VCU update?on the third page maybe VCU page do you know what it is for?

I have found a Firmware for the ND721800 in the internet.
Problem ist that I do not know if it fits my controller.
Firmware is ND721800_63_ARA24
Controller is ND721800_63_ARG15
Anyone how knows about this?

I had upload a new firmware to my ND96850 two years ago
The vendor sent my tow versions one was ARA05 , the other was ARA20 , the ARA05 did not work, but the ARA20 did solve my problems.

Problem ist that I do not know if it fits my controller
I would think that the higher number is to identify firmware revision. It seems that you can't downgrade firmware through the app only upgrade. I tried flashing the same one that I have and it gives ne an error because the firmware is same or older.

on the third page maybe VCU page do you know what it is for?
As I mentioned in my bind/unbind post. I think it's for when you authorize a second owner, the first owner is able to see what the controller is doing as long as the second user is connected to controller and internet. This is just a theory that I can't test right now.

The communication between customers and vendors of Chinese origin is worrisome,
Had quitte a few questions that had to go to technical division and no answers yet..

Would like to know the bluetooth chip inside dongle so I can try to change SSID and MAC.

On the Fardriver app isn't there cloud files with latest firmware or fixes? they made me believe, last time they privided me with a .bin file

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240325_195659.jpg
    Screenshot_20240325_195659.jpg
    352.6 KB · Views: 3
  • Screenshot_20240325_195619.jpg
    Screenshot_20240325_195619.jpg
    407 KB · Views: 3
Lesson to learn when you are dealing in distant places.

Foreign Culture is Foreign. You may never understand certain aspects of it, but you do need to respect it and be aware of the risks.

The pic shows the box I had to register the app,I got it by chance, not been able to see what the blue boxes where for,

The other pic shows the app appearance,the lines seem to be cut off? On the verify pic, in the background it s full print ?does the print look ok?
Still unable to do Auto learn not sure if I need to again, it was easy a year or so ago,now it gives the beeps,I twist throttle wheel spins up and stops, no reverse I wait but no success?

Attachments

• 20240326_125712.jpg
    20240326_125712.jpg
    806.1 KB · Views: 14
  • 20240326_125900.jpg
    20240326_125900.jpg
    749.4 KB · Views: 15
Thanks Amberwolf. 23 magnet pairs - is more than I have in my shower. :) I actually made another improvement, which others may need or want also, pictured update below:
View attachment 349472

Reason: Each time I turned on my installed breaker, aiming to FINALLY get Fardriver into self-learning mode, the battery BMS shut down! (it arrived from China half-charged as agreed, and at such "low" voltage, clearly the Fardriver's capacitors ate up so many amps so fast, that the sensitive ANT BMS considered it a short.)
So now, I have TWO breakers even, and if I end up being on the road, SOC nearing low, coming back from a pee, I won't have to deal with being stuck just because the controller is eating up the amps / or because the BMS protects the battery, however you prefer saying.
Now I can simply first turn breaker 1, to precharge the capacitors (EXACTLY like I do in my offgrid house, but there the inverter), and then turn breaker 2 (after or before closing breaker 1, doesn't matter). Tested it already today, works again like a dream.

What DOESN'T work like a dream (except like a nightmare maybe) is the Fardriver app. Other controllers TELL you what's wrong, but Fardriver merely beeps annoyingly, and its "explanation" is fruitless: "7.1.3 If there are 2 short beeps and 1 long beep, the cycle repeats, indicating that the controller is in the
self-learning state, and the self-learning should be completed according to the self-learning operation steps."
Searching in vain for the complete list of "the self-learning operation steps"...

I've read all the threads here, but have yet to find a reason/solution. Even after a DAY of trying everything, the Fardriver is STILL not "self-learning" (what a contradiction). But I will get there also.
It's not yet "cleaned up" because, you know now, I am not finished yet.... :rolleyes: but images are always helpful to others, to me certainly:
View attachment 349473
What was the trick to get auto learn to work? i still cannot do it , have done it in the past and it was easy?

What was the trick to get auto learn to work? i still cannot do it , have done it in the past and it was easy?
Yes peadar sorry that was an "old" post, soon thereafter I did the "self-learning" successfully. Countless times even because I was hoping the app might get a "learning advantage" from repetition. :LOL:
What was the trick to get auto learn to work?
Phew, trying to recall now .....

Ah! I remember: for me (only) it was: the Fardriver wanted the throttle wires as different connection than the stock controller did.
Fardriver wants:
- the red-white wire (pin 23) > I had to connect to "Throttle +5V" (I call it that, but yes, "The high throttle threshold of an electric motorcycle handlebar (which has a full throttle of 4.1-4.3V) will be set to 3.9V." (which is a straight quote from the Chinese Fardriver Manual, translated by myself into English)

- the green-white wire (pin 14) > I had to connect to "Throttle signal" - despite that the manual's image says the opposite!?!? :oop:
1711733888243.png

- and the black wire (which actually is pin 15 in my loom, not 24, I found out via continuity measurement) > I (only I??) had to connect to "throttle GND". Again: For as long as I used for "Throttle GND" the 12V wiring on my bike, "self-learning" failed. Only when I used for "Throttle GND" the actual pin 15 wire from Fardriver, "self learning" worked. :oop:

I would have thought GND is GND, like red is red, and like a lemon is sour. But no. :LOL:
Frankly, I (electrician) have yet to figure out why Fardriver needs specific wiring in some instances, but here is still "rain period" and I can only open up the foot deck when it's not raining/dry (I don't have a garage).

Once we get better weather, I should be able to give you more detail on all wiring needs. Then again, I don't know if all sold Fardrivers are the same in terms of wiring?? :unsure:

Yes peadar sorry that was an "old" post, soon thereafter I did the "self-learning" successfully. Countless times even because I was hoping the app might get a "learning advantage" from repetition. :LOL:

Phew, trying to recall now .....

Ah! I remember: for me (only) it was: the Fardriver wanted the throttle wires as different connection than the stock controller did.
Fardriver wants:
- the red-white wire (pin 23) > I had to connect to "Throttle +5V" (I call it that, but yes, "The high throttle threshold of an electric motorcycle handlebar (which has a full throttle of 4.1-4.3V) will be set to 3.9V." (which is a straight quote from the Chinese Fardriver Manual, translated by myself into English)

- the green-white wire (pin 14) > I had to connect to "Throttle signal" - despite that the manual's image says the opposite!?!? :oop:
View attachment 350127

- and the black wire (which actually is pin 15 in my loom, not 24, I found out via continuity measurement) > I (only I??) had to connect to "throttle GND". Again: For as long as I used for "Throttle GND" the 12V wiring on my bike, "self-learning" failed. Only when I used for "Throttle GND" the actual pin 15 wire from Fardriver, "self learning" worked. :oop:

I would have thought GND is GND, like red is red, and like a lemon is sour. But no. :LOL:
Frankly, I (electrician) have yet to figure out why Fardriver needs specific wiring in some instances, but here is still "rain period" and I can only open up the foot deck when it's not raining/dry (I don't have a garage).

Once we get better weather, I should be able to give you more detail on all wiring needs. Then again, I don't know if all sold Fardrivers are the same in terms of wiring?? :unsure:
Thanks for that,i do not think it is wiring, had it auto learn set about a year or so no problem,
this time with new app it beeps to say auto learn,i twist the trottle and it spins the wheel one way and stops.sometimes it starts auto learn in reverse and stops, wait no joy i let go of trottle and it starts the auto learn beeps again?

Back