Nanjing far driver controllers

Dude it's the chinese new year.
You can't expect anything from China during this period, factories are closed and people are with their families.

Now most people came back to work last week, but supply chains take a bit of time to get fully up to speed.
Yes, the 108V Fardriver controllers do exist, I've seen some.
Perhaps re read my post. I ordered early december.
The director of international sales at far driver said this in an email yesterday:

"fardriver produced 108V products in small batches last year, so we sell this product again. However, this product has certain defects, so we stopped the shipment of this product at the end of last year, and have been testing the new product, but the effect is not very good."

Perhaps re read my post. I ordered early december.
Yeah I've red it. You said 60 days lead time. December + 60 days = CNY.

The director of international sales at far driver said this in an email yesterday:

"fardriver produced 108V products in small batches last year, so we sell this product again. However, this product has certain defects, so we stopped the shipment of this product at the end of last year, and have been testing the new product, but the effect is not very good."
That's bad news indeed. So it's seems like it's not only the CNY after all.
But that's really nothing very surprising at all from chinese manufacturers, it's pretty much always like that. I waited a while for mine as well, but it was a 841800 (track edition so it was a little bit special too).

I don't think they're scamming you at all, but they're having a hard time setting up their product line for this particular controller range. Also, in my opinion, it feels like they're usually waiting for a certain amount of orders to group together and then start production, at least that's the impression I got when ordering mine.
So either you keep waiting and you'll get the controller eventually, or you just can't wait anymore and get something else.
Good luck mate, that sounds like an interesting build you're planning.

Does anyone have a contact adress from DKYS Wuxi Dingkou?

Fardriver refused the aftersales Support. Siaecosys also refused as they did not sell the controller to me. Wuxi Dingkou on Ali sells DKYS labeled fardriver Controllers, but they do not respond to questions on the Ali messenger.

Does anyone have a contact adress from DKYS Wuxi Dingkou?

Fardriver refused the aftersales Support. Siaecosys also refused as they did not sell the controller to me. Wuxi Dingkou on Ali sells DKYS labeled fardriver Controllers, but they do not respond to questions on the Ali messenger.
Found on Alibaba

Screenshot_20240301_204313_Alibabacom.jpg

Another Support day with the technican from dkys Wuxi Dingkou is over, making circles and circles not finding a solution.

I have spent a lot of money and time with a "worthless" product because the manufacturer says "after sales support has to be done through the reseller" and the reseller can't help, or does not know how to help in my case.

The reseller does not know which is the right new Bluetooth thing for my controller (I have a new BLE from my 72680 which connects to the software but not to the controller) nor which software or Android app fits to my controller or which firmware makes my controller work with the actual software or newest Android App.

I can drive, and can change the ratios in speed with the Android App 2.4.9 but not the one for regeneration. Motor cutoff with brake or sidestand does not work anymore, it worked two days ago when I was not able to change the ratios in speed. Now with the new App I can not get this going anymore, because all the input pins are "not connected" in the app and can not be changed.
I have tried 1.5.5, 2.2.8, 2.4.5, 2.4.9 and the pc-software 158 and the newest 2024bluev2.

Does anyone have an older version if the Android app like 1.3.7 or others.
Probably I have to downgrade to get this going.

Last edited:
Hello, I own a dayi odin 10k motorcycle. Since the engine was changed the speed of the bike has been stuck at 70kmh and no longer goes up to 125. I understood that I had to auto-learn the controller. Except that it is impossible to connect the Motorcycle via Bluetooth. The far driver application finds my bluetooth connector But unable to connect to the controller. I despair.

Another Support day with the technican from dkys Wuxi Dingkou is over, making circles and circles not finding a solution.

I have spent a lot of money and time with a "worthless" product because the manufacturer says "after sales support has to be done through the reseller" and the reseller can't help, or does not know how to help in my case.

The reseller does not know which is the right new Bluetooth thing for my controller (I have a new BLE from my 72680 which connects to the software but not to the controller) nor which software or Android app fits to my controller or which firmware makes my controller work with the actual software or newest Android App.

I can drive, and can change the ratios in speed with the Android App 2.4.9 but not the one for regeneration. Motor cutoff with brake or sidestand does not work anymore, it worked two days ago when I was not able to change the ratios in speed. Now with the new App I can not get this gping anymore, because all the input pins are "not connected" in the app and can not be changed.
I have tried 1.5.5, 2.2.8, 2.4.5, 2.4.9 and the pc-software 158 and the newest 2024bluev2.

Does anyone have an older version if the Android app like 1.3.7 or others.
Probably I have to downgrade to get this going.
theres a guy on one of the facebook groups that has been archiving them on google drive,i think 1.3.7 is in there

Already tried all of the Android Apps in the google drive. None of them lets me change the input pins from my 721800 controller.
I know that it works, I had checked this with my 72680.

I will try the PC Versions during the next days.

Already tried all of the Android Apps in the google drive. None of them lets me change the input pins from my 721800 controller.
I know that it works, I had checked this with my 72680.

I will try the PC Versions during the next days.
Can't you find which pin is the input pin directly on the controller I/O plug? Then just physically move the wire to this pin. It's a bit difficult to do because there's sealant on the plug and you'll have to remove it cleanly first, but I think it's doable.
Otherwise, if it's just a matter of passing a test, you could maybe wire the brake and kickstand switches either to the ignition or to the throttle. This way you cut power to the controller/the throttle and the the vehicle cannot move if the stand or the brake are in use. Just make sure it's completely independant from your 12V circuit so you don't fry the controller.

I don't recommend this as a long term solution of course, but at least it might help you pass inspection.

Hey. I have FarDriver 961800B (Encoder) + 138 90h 4kW + Gear Ratio x80 (Encoder) and 20s 600Ah battery 2000A (Current)
Please give me all settings that can make for me MAXIMUM TORQUE POWER FROM 0RPM+
thank you

Quelqu'un à une solution à mon problème ?
Deja, tu peux essayer les diverses versions de l'app, mais je doute que ca fonctionne. Cela dit on sait jamais. Commence par tester les plus anciennes.

Sinon, il faudra changer le module bluetooth. Pour une raison que j'ignore ces andouilles ont change de modele de dongle a un moment de la production et depuis certains sont compatibles avec tel modele, certains non... bref c'est un gros merdier.
Egalement, j'ai entendu dire que certains modeles de controleur ne sont pas du tout compatibles bluetooth et ne peuvent fonctionner qu'avec le cable, il me semble que certains constructeurs de vehicules reclament ca pour rendre les modifications plus difficiles par l'utilisateur final.

Du coup dans le doute je te recommanderais plutot d'utiliser le cable pour te connecter au PC.

I'm struggling to get Android software to connect to Fardriver.
Initially I tried with an old version, then upgraded to 4.2.9 but no change.
I've tried 3 different Android phones but no joy.
I've received the pin code (several of them now as I try to get things to work!) and managed to get it in on only one of the phones - the other two I can't even get the cursor into the place to enter the code! I'll keep trying them in the hope that eventually something works.
The bluetooth connects to the dongle, then everything just sits there saying "BLE connected, Controller connecting ..." But never does. I've waited probably half an hour or more, keeping the phone (mostly) awake.

Both dongle and controller came from the same supplier, who also originally supplied the bike.

It's been suggested by the supplier to use an iphone - I've an old 6 here that I'll charge & try tomorrow. But that's a pretty annoying workaround when my main & spare phones are both Android.

Any suggestions welcomed.

you could maybe wire the brake and kickstand switches either to the ignition or to the throttle. This way you cut power to the controller/the throttle and the the vehicle cannot move if the stand or the brake are in use. Just make sure it's completely independant from your 12V circuit so you don't fry the controller.
I also thought about this solution for the TüV approval. If nececary I will insert a relais for this if I do not find a software solution to define the input pins new.

An update on my fun experience with Far-Driver.
No response, no refund, not answering the phone.

Not happy!

I've now tried to connect with the iphone - the software at least displays sensible text boxes and buttons, unlike the android version.
But still wont connect.
I'm guessing it could be because the controller was initially configured while paired to another device, perhaps. In the "Nanjing Far Drive Controller Monitoring Mobile APP Software V1.0 User Manual" it states:
"In addition, if the mobile phone number is lost and the password can not be reset through the mobile phone number, the password can be reset by entering the serial number of the product and re-registering the mobile phone number."
Trouble is I can't figure how to achieve this mysterious re-registering. I've tried putting the serial no. in the phonenumber or email field, but that doesn't seem to work, and I can't find anywhere else to put it.
IMG_6671.PNG
Has anyone else solved this problem?

You have to enter your E-Mail Adress in the first field. Then you will get a verification code

Dominik and all, I found a video where someone is using a handlebar kill switch: from minute 10 of
1710017765474.png

Just FYI

And myself? I decided, I will actually copy you guys insofar that now I too will use a standard DIN rail breaker like was on your images here in the thread - and I will put it under my footdeck.

Yeah, it's not an "emergency" switch then, I know. But I want it so as to
- be able to safely work on the wiring (particularly while adjusting all the Fardriver stuff), not having to disconnect the batteries but just to flip the switch, and
- maybe when I park it somewhere, I might flip the switch to make it harder for someone aiming to mess around with the bike while I am away.

Fardriver: I finally have a sound understanding how to wire the beast and will go at it when the rain period here ends...
I designed the whole motorbike circuitry in sketchup, and when I found it works, I can share it here also.

----
Oh add-on: Just for those who need to know: Be careful even after you disconnected the battery(ies): Big controllers may hold big capacitors that have stored energy that .... would shock you.
(I haven't tested if it can kill you, hence why I refrained from saying so) :LOL:

In other words: heed both the battery(ies) and the controller.

Last edited:
You have to enter your E-Mail Adress in the first field. Then you will get a verification code
Yes. Been there done that, but it never completes the connection to the controller. Just sits there saying "BLE connected, Controller connecting"
The manual refers to "the password can be reset by entering the serial number", but the question remains, where to enter it? It doesn't seem to work in the Ph/email box and I can't find anywhere else.

I'll continue trying in the hope that eventually it miraculously works.

Just sits there saying "BLE connected, Controller connecting"
This is the same when I try to connect my 721800 with a new Bluetooth module from a newer 72680. It does not matter if I bound it with the old BLE or not, it just does not connect with the new BLE.
My 72680 connects with this new BLE and everything is ok.

This is the same when I try to connect my 721800 with a new Bluetooth module from a newer 72680. It does not matter if I bound it with the old BLE or not, it just does not connect with the new BLE.
Did you find a solution for the 721800?
Are you suggesting the older BLE works with it?
The supplier of the controller also supplied the BLE module for this controller after I couldn't connect with one I bought elsewhere.

No.
It does only connects with the old BLE, and with the old BLE I can not change all parameters I need.
Very strange is also that sometimes all the values for ratios in speed are empty, and sometimes they are filled in and I can change them.

It also connects with the PC-cable, but I can only read values. To save changed values is not possible.

Last edited:
How do you know when you reach the limit of the motor?

I want to measure the acceleration with a 10Hz GPS system and hope to find out when more current does not produce more tourque and only produces more heat.
I will also ad a temperature sensor to the motor windings.
Me too!! Wanting to find out when more current does not produce more torque nor speed, and only produces more heat.
While I do see ampacity on my baby display, I am searching for a way to RECORD the riding data while riding. Possible? Anyone doing that?

I will also ad a temperature sensor to the motor windings.
Can you show how you do/did this? Since the day I saw the Ukrainian videos I wanted this also. But they had someone doing it in the background, this didn't give me the confidence to open up the motor myself?

My 5kw QS60V5000W 40H Motor was definitiv overpowered with 630pA and 25kw. The QS72V10000W did the 0-100km/h two seconds faster, with the same controller and the same settings, without getting warm.
Acceleration measurement was done with a 10Hz GPS.

Open the sidecover of the motor and then lift it while insering small spacers , step by step. I glued the ntc near the Star point of the winding.
Link to my melted phase wires ...Here was a wrong link, now corrected

Last edited:
Heads up for anyone with a new fardriver ND72680 controller who can't get their speedo display working on the one-line wire. I got some help off the Facebook electric motorcycle build page. As told, I connected the display wire to the brown (boost) wire from the controller & voila, my display works! Waiting for the weather to cooperate so I can finish trying to calibrate the speed & odometer readings.

Edited. OMG I was just in a hurry and missed the part when you wire it FIRST then connect the power. I turned the bike on and started putting wires around. Needs to be OFF first, wire then turn it on. Works like a charm now.

I tried to do that as well with no response. Boost wire does nothing. Light blue jumps all over. Very frustrated, I've watched all videos and read all I can and can't seem to get it to work.

Last edited:
Back