Need a BLDC 2-3kw 48 or 60v Motor controller fully controlled by serial port for robot project

Hey Guys,

I have a robot project need a BLDC 2-3kw 48 or 60v Motor controller fully controlled by serial port( either Uart, RS485 or CAN). At the moment I have a dodgy BLDC driver using PWM plus RC filter to control the analog throttle. And I have to build extra circuit to control the reverse, brake etc.

Just wondering is any Motor driver(Votol,Fardrive, Kelly,Sabvoton,Addapto,Powervelocity etc) can meet my requriement?

cheers

I don't know if any can be controlled fully by serial; the question has come up before now and then, can't recall a specific one that does.

Some like Lebowki's brain chip (several threads about it including the source code thread) can use analog input or CANbus for throttle control. I don't recall if the rest of it is already written to be able to be controlled via serial, but since the source code is there, you could fix that if necessary. ;)

I have a robot project need a BLDC 2-3kw 48 or 60v Motor controller fully controlled by serial port( either Uart, RS485 or CAN). At the moment I have a dodgy BLDC driver using PWM plus RC filter to control the analog throttle. And I have to build extra circuit to control the reverse, brake etc.

Just wondering is any Motor driver(Votol,Fardrive, Kelly,Sabvoton,Addapto,Powervelocity etc) can meet my requriement?

cheers
VESC, VESC tool on PC side can be UART based & through the tool GUI, using arrow keys it can be controlled, though it is more suited for testing.

You can search if there are for any serial based VESC app available in public that suits your requirement. Even if not, since software is open you can write your own one.

Also VESC can CAN.

VESC, VESC tool on PC side can be UART based & through the tool GUI, using arrow keys it can be controlled, though it is more suited for testing.

You can search if there are for any serial based VESC app available in public that suits your requirement. Even if not, since software is open you can write your own one.

Also VESC can CAN.

thanks a lot.

I got my arduino DAC(pwm+ rc filter) working as an alternative at the moment. So I can use my board to control throttle without serial. But eventually I need the serial working.

Back