NEED HELP WITH MY E MOPED UPGRADE.

I just received this moped I imported from China to my country Nigeria. I have driven it for some days now and I'm loving it already. I noticed that I got a good acceleration but I need more acceleration from it due to the large battery it has. I read on this platform that a far driver controller can help send more amps to the motor to achieve that. I am a noob to all these and I'm willing to try to upgrade it myself. can anyone be of help please? Here is the link I bought the bike from. https://m.tb.cn/h.UCpOyb3

Attached is the controller currently installed on the bike and the battery that came with the bike. I would gladly appreciate all suggestions.

Attachments

• battery.jpg
    battery.jpg
    124.4 KB · Views: 13
  • controller.jpg
    controller.jpg
    110.2 KB · Views: 13
  • Screenshot 2023-09-09 092525.png
    Screenshot 2023-09-09 092525.png
    967.9 KB · Views: 10
  • Screenshot 2023-09-09 092502.png
    Screenshot 2023-09-09 092502.png
    917.2 KB · Views: 8
  • Screenshot 2023-09-09 092423.png
    Screenshot 2023-09-09 092423.png
    1.2 MB · Views: 13
It looks like the battery has a 100 amp hour rating, wich I find hard to believe.
The BMS is rated for 50 ampere and the controller for 45, a bigger controller will cause the BMS to shut off power temporarily, like a circuit breaker.
It looks like you will have to change the BMS and the Controller at the very least.
But that is only if the battery can really handle more current, not to mention thicker wires etc.

It looks like the battery has a 100 amp hour rating, wich I find hard to believe.
The BMS is rated for 50 ampere and the controller for 45, a bigger controller will cause the BMS to shut off power temporarily, like a circuit breaker.
It looks like you will have to change the BMS and the Controller at the very least.
But that is only if the battery can really handle more current, not to mention thicker wires etc.
the battery is actually big. Lets assume I don't want to change the BMS, Is there any other way I can increase the torque? If I'm stuck in sand for instance, the bike doesn't move, not until I assist it with my legs.

the battery is actually big. Lets assume I don't want to change the BMS, Is there any other way I can increase the torque? If I'm stuck in sand for instance, the bike doesn't move, not until I assist it with my legs.

Well, you would not want to change that bms unless the battery cells can handle the power output your needing.

You might get more torque with a far driver or even sabvoton just by adjusting the throttle settings. But yeah, the true way to increase torque would be by increasing amps, which it doesn’t look like your battery can handle that. You have a hub motor so you can’t change the gearing either so maybe a different controller with more throttle settings could give you a little bit more snap/acceleration.

The only other way to increase torque is to get a different hub motor with a different winding. If you went that route, you would lose top speed though.

IF the battery can't provide the power the system needs, it doesn't matter what else you change in the system.

Since the battery is only capble of what it's already providing, you'd need to change the battery first, to get more power out of the system. Once you have a battery

(you can't just change the BMS, because it is probably rated at the current it is, to protect the cells against damage. If you want to change the BMS you have to first find out from the battery manufacturer what the actual cells can safely handle. If they don't know, won't tell you, etc (both very common), then it isn't safe to change the BMS and the entire battery would need to be removed and replaced)

Without more power the options you have to get more torque are as Eastwood notes, to change the motor to one with a different winding so it runs at a slower speed, but at higher torque, or to use a smaller wheel (which does the same thing).

For the sand problem--is the wheel spinning? Just not moving the bike? If so, it's not more torque you need, it is different tires that are made for the sand, like knobbies or similar instead of smooth street tires.

Back