new Chinese conversion mid motors that nobody knows ?

No I got one for testing
Hi, could you please give us some info on the motor and your experience with it? Do you think it is manufactured by Tongshen and rebadged?

I was about to make a decision on getting a CYC Photon, as I ride my BBS02 too hard and will probably burn it out eventually. However I don’t think the Photon will handle 1100-1200w over extended periods climbing mountains and longer distances. It is also very expensive at $1500AUD for the motor kit compared to around $500AUD for this one.

I have been reading ES for a long time but haven’t posted until now. I’m interested in the ability of electric bikes to seriously displace car transport as a much more efficient and enjoyable transport vehicle, particularly in light of the need for rapid action on climate change.

A very affordable, powerful, torque sensing DIY retrofit motor can contribute to this greatly. I’m also interested in promoting public policies to subsidise and promote ebikes and bike infrastructure. Ebike subsidies extended to retrofits would be great to drive uptake.

I ride a BBS02 at the moment and also have a BBS01 on an old Kona and a BBSHD in a box that I’ll probably sell. I use the bike as a car replacement in a semi-rural very hilly area for trips up to 30-45kms.

Any info on this motor is greatly appreciated! Thank you and to everyone for input on the forum

Over on the UK pedelc site there is a thread HERE on the ToSeven motor (the one that looks like a TSDZ2 clone/re-badge, but according to a company rep by the name of 'alexfnoble' isn't) where there are some queries from forum members with some answers by 'alexfnoble'.

The To7 is anew designed motor with 53:1 reduction gearing , the design engineer from Tongshneg has moved over to To7 and is why the drive outwardly looks like a tsdz2. They are keen to work with the OSF /Github community by allowing access to the programming.

they should send some to mbrusa and other programmes involved . and they should establish solid channel for purchase. either on aliexpress or store as pswpower in Europe so we get the motor fast and with no tax and customs issues

The To7 is anew designed motor with 53:1 reduction gearing , the design engineer from Tongshneg has moved over to To7 and is why the drive outwardly looks like a tsdz2. They are keen to work with the OSF /Github community by allowing access to the programming.
@hemo, if I may ask, where are you seeing/reading a 53:1 reduction? Toseven's published gear reduction ratio appears to be 40.27:1 - still very good, compared to the BBSHD reduction ratio of, I believe, 21.9:1. Toseven's reduction ratio and 160rpm max spindle speed, if true, might be especially good for cargo bike builds.

Last edited:
@hemo, if I may ask, where are you seeing/reading a 53:1 reduction? Toseven's published gear reduction ratio appears to be 40.27:1 - still very good, compared to the BBSHD reduction ratio of, I believe, 21.9:1. Toseven's reduction ratio and 160rpm max spindle speed, if true, might be especially good for cargo bike builds.
Yes as elinx has mentioned it seems the misinformation was on PSW Powers webpage which has now been pulled.

It sound very high and was a maybe to high to be believed, I have tsdz2 on my Ute cargo bike which tows a trailer up to 200lbs or so and rides very well without power so 53: 1 would have been fantastic for a cargo bike. As it is the 40:27:1 should still be a useful gear reduction.

The 36v 500w model is listed as available to ship from Germany. Anyone want to give it a try - and report back?

(Sorry for cross-posting)

@eride it would be great to hear back when you get a chance
36v is not interesting . price is not interesting . display is not interesting ... a big nono

this one is much more interesting if not for the steep price and clunky display ...

im interested in the 1000w version. according to pswpower it has 175nm torque, so appears to be slightly stronger than bbshd, i hope they will get more bottom bracket variants.

...according to pswpower it has 175nm torque, ....
PSWpower is not always right. Better is to look for specs at ToSeven.
According to them DM-01 1000w has 160Nm torquevalue (which is also written into the table at PSWpower)

Last edited:
im interested in the 1000w version. according to pswpower it has 175nm torque, so appears to be slightly stronger than bbshd, i hope they will get more bottom bracket variants.
are you going to order ? the world is holding breath ...

It will not be sure if Pswpower will stay as a seller.
To7 has said they want quality before price and is searching for local sellers that will give warranty, spare parts and support.
That usually also means, the price will at least double.

Last edited:
hard to believe anyone pays 1000$ for this
The price at PSWpower is already rised for DM01 from $405 to $505 and DM02 from $254 to $445.
So I will not be surprised if local sellers will rise even more if they give service and warranty too.

product is not worth what seller asks but what buyer is willing to pay . not a single review of this motor so far .. price is definitely not helping...

Why don't you buy it yourself instead of waiting for others? You've started this thread so You must be interested with those chinese motors... Can't wait to check your review. Teardown Would be also very useful.

Why don't you buy it yourself instead of waiting for others? You've started this thread so You must be interested with those chinese motors... Can't wait to check your review. Teardown Would be also very useful.
because they want too much for something that nobody knows if it's worthy . they didn't even bother to publish single yt video showcasing the product , not mentioning sending few samples to people like mmbrusa for opinion and evaluation . i'd maybe take a risk in tsdz2 price but not for 500$$

Back