new eZip motor

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you.

Calling Auto zone now to see about brake lights. Tomorrow motor vehicles to register it in my name. It has a 2022 sticker on the license plate.

I just want to make sure I get there with all my stuff. I don't want the trailer at a police impound. I got too much $$$$ tied up in those bikes to lose them now.

Yea.

Not drinking a drop of alcohol tonight. Plenty of time for that after I get there.

Just got the tail end of a tornado a little while ago. It blew the board off on the right. I had to put a towel over my head and go down and screw it back on. Three pieces of wood on the other side also.

I knew it was coming so got rocks. steel weights , bricks and a bed frame to hold it down. I got an L bracket and 6 inch screw for a lock right now.

I can get the brake light for around $30 with the wiring and everything at Auto Zone. I think I will be ok with turn signals as the van is wider that the trailer and the truck I am towing it with wider than the van. Not the truck behind the trailer. That is the guy downstairs.

The van will be towed by either a tow truck or his 40 foot camper. I will be driving a 10 year old Ford F 150 with a V8 motor. I also found the options on google navigator so to avoid highways and toll roads.

7 hours and 43 minutes. 331 miles. Shorter than the highways. It will probably take me a lot longer as only plan on driving about 40 to 45 mph tops. If my average speed is 40 mph it is 331 / 40 = 8.2 hours. About 9 hours if I stop. I really wish there was an option to avoid traffic circles as well. Hopefully there is none.

Thanks.

LC. out.

Attachments

• IMG_20220601_190454154.jpg
    IMG_20220601_190454154.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 1,118
latecurtis said:
DUDE! NO WAY WOULD REMOVING THE GASKET IMPEDE THE LATCH. But as usual your work is sloppy. YOU did something. Those drilled holes look like you used undo pressure and distorted the holes. Only diety knows what else you did.

Yea.

I found the gasket. Just have not had a chance to put it back in. It is only an ammo box dude. About the least of my worries.

Fella once again, the reason you WANT the gasket out is to allow the pressure of a battery fire to not create a dangerous pressure. Those little poorly drilled holes, won't do it.

latecurtis said:
7 hours and 43 minutes. 331 miles. Shorter than the highways. It will probably take me a lot longer as only plan on driving about 40 to 45 mph tops. If my average speed is 40 mph it is 331 / 40 = 8.2 hours. About 9 hours if I stop. I really wish there was an option to avoid traffic circles as well. Hopefully there is none.

Hope you got there okay LC.

I've not really been able to keep fully across your antics since getting back on this board. Life's still been a bit crazy and in fact I've barely made any progress on restoring my own bike.

Where are you moving to, and why?

I saw a couple unanswered questions in the previous page, though I'm sure there are more.

You did ask whether partial discharges are harder or gentler on cells (and electronics?!?!). It's an easy answer on the electronics. No difference. On cells, it's generally easier, but that's not the full story. There's a lot of different factors that wear and even damage cells. Depth of discharge and number of cycles are just two. The temperature you charge and discharge has an impact. Storage temps have an impact. Discharge and charge rate has an impact.

LiFe cells are safe, economical and decent cells, but for automotive purposes they are kind of like compromises in all the wrong places. They don't have the energy density of LION, so they are bigger and heavier. They don't have the power density of LTO, so you need to moderate draw and charge time. They have about 3k 80% DOD cycles - but they lose what power density they have before they lose energy density, so that's a misleading figure. They are also much more temperature sensitive than either LION and LTO. I had a Vextrix with LiFe that in winter would really struggle up a steep hill that it would zoom up the following Summer.

Hope you're doing well. Will try to drop in more often.

Don't get stuck out in the rain two days in a row with no mud flaps :lol:
FuckI love it

I got frocked over on the registration for the boat and trailer.

The previous owner was supposed to meet me at motor vehicle today but had a job to do instead.

9AM tomorrow I am supposed to turn in the keys. I could not move my wife's stuff out because her son did not bring a truck and my van and trailer is full.

Because of that stupidity I will now have an eviction on my record for the next 8 years. I am not paying $750 to live with roaches and no fire escape in a rundown building not even up to code.

I guess we are still going but I am thinking of leaving and going out on my own. I am sick of living and dealing with people who change their mind every day. With an eviction on my record, I will not even be able to rent a port a potty anywhere in the USA for the next 8 years.

Fella once again, the reason you WANT the gasket out is to allow the pressure of a battery fire to not create a dangerous pressure. Those little poorly drilled holes, won't do it.

Yea.

There are 10 holes now and I found some metal screen wire. I can drill 8 more I guess but the gasket needs to go back in so it will lock right. Not something I am worried about right now. :roll:

Thanks.

LC. out.

latecurtis said:
I got frocked over on the registration for the boat and trailer.

The previous owner was supposed to meet me at motor vehicle today but had a job to do instead.

9AM tomorrow I am supposed to turn in the keys. I could not move my wife's stuff out because her son did not bring a truck and my van and trailer is full.

Because of that stupidity I will now have an eviction on my record for the next 8 years. I am not paying $750 to live with roaches and no fire escape in a rundown building not even up to code.

Project Management 101 dude. I've been working with PMs for the last 20 odd years, but the last 2 has been the first time I've actually seen one do risk management for projects. (Most the project managers I've worked with are the cheap "I just got my PRINCE certification and will work for 50k a year". This guy is a 20 year veteran and is paid 300k/year to make sure nothing ever surprises our project team.

If there is a drop dead date of X, and you are reliant on someone else to hit it, you don't set them a deadline of the day before X. You make sure you have plenty of buffer room, and enough time to cover contingencies. Have to be out by the 7th? Make sure you CAN be out by the 1st, even if you're not. Then have the phone number for a Uhaul or Storage unit on quick dial. Hell, if you can book one without losing a deposit, you do that.

Shit, in fact, if it really is as bad as you say - a couple days late and you can't rent anything for 8 years, you hire the storage unit up front, and write it off as a lost expense if you don't use it. I know it's a huge waste of money, but this is one of the reasons the poor stay poor. Not enough buffer funds, so they get smacked with fines, penalties and late fees.

Yea.

Thanks.

LC. out.

I thought you would have pounded out that 12 hrs trip in 14 hrs and moved on in, fully within days.
Who would have guessed, who.
Whipper Snapper No
Hopefully your new neighbors will welcome you with open arms with some freshly baked apple pie with whip cream and thick old fort cheddar cheese slices, all covered with a white and red plaid dish towel.
Fuckya I envision your shitshow, I envision it well. Memories
Note to self, when moving hire a moving company.

latecurtis said:
I made a real bad decision which will probably cost me my life. I have heart problems , diabetes and high blood pressure. I wont last a week out on the street. I am also an alcoholic and not allowed to drink at all in any homeless shelter.

It's also why you don't burn bridges. Means you can end up eating shit when you least can afford to. I don't know your full situation, why you're leaving, etc. But if you haven't burned any bridges, you can always call your landlord, and say "Mate, I've been put in a real hard situation. I know it's not your fault and not your problem, but I'm going to be out on the street if I can't get this sorted. Can we come to an agreement about staying a few days extra without a breach/eviction being lodged?".

I recall a team mate who got another offer, basically told my boss to stick his job and everything that was wrong with him and his company on his way out. The new job fell through. 3 months, no work. Had to eat shit and ask for his old job back. My boss was polite but firm. No chance. Had this guy just said " I've got a better offer. We've had our ups and downs, but I still want to thank you for the time we had together", my boss said he would have hired him back. Not the ideal employee, but good enough, and felt sorry for him.

You can always quietly think your landlord is a greedy piece of shit, and still smile and be polite at him. It's always easier to eat shit when you haven't rubbed it in someone else's face first.

Could be worse, could be winter time then yes the comfy minivan turned camper wouldnt look as nice, first world problems. I dont call sleeping in a vehicles homeless per se. Like all the so called homeless people in those big campers parked in Los Angeles, they arent "homeless" per se. Technically, they do have a roof over their heads and if they have a legit license, insurance and registration then so be it, just not in front of my house please and thank you.

I need to stay on topic.

I deleted the posts I could.

I want to build e bikes again. I need a nut for the 11T motor sprocket and #420 chain. The 1,800W brushless motor. I would like that e bike to go with me and the one with the dual Bafang motors, I think. I like all my e bikes.

They could all be stolen right now for all I know. I screwed the door shut and John put ratchet straps around it and tarped down but all that could be undone in less than an hour and could be an empty trailer.

I am not happy. :(

Frankly, a little pissed. :x

frocking sucks.

Moving is a complete nightmare.

8:55 AM.

Then people wonder why I am mentally ill.

Every doctor for the last 9 years wants to cut me open or prescribe a cocktail full of pills. My health is really not too good.

I could lose everything I own and become homeless. I used to say stupid stuff and nicobie threatened me. Sorry.

Thing is My life is either a tragedy or disaster waiting to happen.

That train wreck DA. talked about.

My e bikes are basically all I got. Without them my life will become so meaningless I doubt I will carry on. It will become a downward spiral of madness. My e bikes and you guys as my friends help me.

My mental health is sketchy, but you guys help me keep on track.

Thanks. All of you that post.

DUDE! NO WAY WOULD REMOVING THE GASKET IMPEDE THE LATCH. But as usual your work is sloppy. YOU did something. Those drilled holes look like you used undo pressure and distorted the holes. Only diety knows what else you did.

Ok. I can shoot a video no gasket vs gasket and post it here.

But not now Tomajasz.

Thanks for posting.

We have been discussing a cheap $10 Walmart ammo box. :lol:

Great to hear from you but least of my concerns. I can always buy another and try it gain. Or drill 8 more holes for 18 total and install screen wire and the gasket. Sounds about right.

Thanks everyone for sharing and posting on

As the Hub Motor Turns and the LiPo Fire Burns,

LC. out.

Rather depressive talk going on there. Over the years, you talk like that when you're frustrated. Anyone would be stressed in your circumstances.

Ebikes aren't a bad hobby for self distraction. It's not the most expensive hobby in the world, and you can keep tweaking and tuning a long time without necessarily buying new parts. But if it's the only thing you have in life, it's going to be pretty hollow.

Might be worth reading or listening to a book called "Lost Connections". You might be able to get it free from a library, or an Audible 30 day trial or something. It's a book of observations from one psychologist of what he thinks is the largest cause of the spike in depression in western society:
images

I don't think I'm giving away too many spoilers when I say that the cause is fewer and shallower relationships. I think there's a lot of truth to it. Being a part of something bigger, a community - whether centered around eBikes, a physical location, a religion, whatever. It's missing from our lives now.

When I was broke and needed to move but had aquarium fish, I would call the local fish stores for one that's willing to take in donated pet fish, and give them away so the move wasn't likely to kill them.

When I was broke and needed to move but had aquarium fish, I would call the local fish stores for one that's willing to take in donated pet fish, and give them away so the move wasn't likely to kill them.

Yea.

I am putting the two big fish back in the creek here. That leaves the 4 store bought fish and the eel. I am thinking a 24 gallon plastic tote. I can put a piece of Lexon in the lid for a small light with some silicone and an air bubbler hooked to my 120W - AC to DC converter. I can put the same plants inside and with the light they should be ok. I got a 35 gallon tank when they get there. No way the eel will survive in a 5 gallon bucket and no light. It is way too drastic of a change.

I am giving the boat and trailer back. Renting a 5 by 10 unit for about $40 bucks and calling it a day. I can drive my van down with two e bikes and a tool box , some clothes and the fish. The KISS method. Keep it simple stupid. Hauling a boat , trailer and all those bikes and tools is a recipe for disaster.

He can use the trailer to haul his mothers stuff down there and then he can haul mulch for money landscaping. All I need is a room with a bed and an AC for my health. I can ride my bike to the lake with my LTOs.

Looking at the 20" bike with the 1,800W brushless motor and the 26" Outlook with the dual Bafangs. The LIFE packs can do around town and the LTOs for the lake 22 miles away. Both bikes can run 16S - LTO. The 1,800W motor can do 20S if I find a way to mount the batteries.

That is my new plan. I would like to sell the 20" Turbo with the 20 Ah factory Lion for $300 and my gaming machine for $400. That can go for a security deposit for a place in July. I need two spokes for the bike and a new $40 case for the computer as it got busted up. Hopefully the components inside are still good.

Thanks.

LC. out.

Big difference between liking to tinker with kids toys, come on guys thats the truth for the majority 1kw'ish right. Literally twist some wires together, and securely fasten the phases and battery's. No difference then a kids 12v ride in Jeep, twist some wires together man. To the flip side of liking to ride and hating to tinker, once the ebiking grin is with ya for a bit, tinkering kinda fades away. I just wouldn't buy any restricted bs ebike, if I was a credit card warrior then perhaps a Luna ebike, but nothing like the Sur Ron, those boxxy framed ebikes are an option. I'd rather have a fabric around the box, make it look like your not a casual but a daily rider man :thumb:

Yea.

I have been looking at bikes with a large triangle area. The 26" dual suspension probably won't hold an LTO pack in the triangle. I could put that rear hub on a different bike. Maybe Easy Street. The 700c Giant Cypress hybrid. The downside is however the dual suspension is a better frame for heavy cargo. The hybrids are not cargo bikes. I was hoping for a Geared hub motor for the rear > 1,000W.

The 26" dual suspension needs a 15S - 10P - LIFEPO4 and the front Bafang runs great off my 12S LIFEPO4 packs. Then it will be a great cargo bike as some of the 26650 cells could be implemented in a small triangle rack The rest in a front basket and the rear basket for cargo. 150 cells so 50 in the frame and 100 in a front basket. The rear exclusively for cargo.

I saw a bike today with lots of triangle space so it could hold all 16 LTOs, both 8S packs. Then I could run a third 8S pack in a front basket for 60V or a 4S for 50V. I have two 4S packs to build each with active balancer. There will be a short plug for a series connection for 8S.

Mounting heavy batteries is best in the frame like my Currie was when I first upgraded from 24 to 36V and the three 22 Ah SLAs.
That is why the Currie has 16S LTO now.

The lower center of gravity. Too much weight on the top bar or a basket makes an e bike unstable. Why triangle batteries are better

I will need to invest in good locks and should make a triangle rack for the LTOs. Something very difficult to steal. The LTOs were an investment that was > $600 so do not need them to walk off. :roll:

I need another storage.

Thanks.

LC. out.

My yellow Kryptonite Forgetaboutit U-lock is acting up, I think it just needs a squirt of Water Displacement 40 times the power. Have been caught in the rain yesterday and the day prior, or could be I jammed the u arms outward, but it slides in fine.

Enjoy
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCm9K6rby98W8JigLoZOh6FQ
Sleep Tight

I will need to invest in good locks and should make a triangle rack for the LTOs. Something very difficult to steal. The LTOs were an investment that was > $600 so do not need them to walk off. :roll:

I'm lining with ceramic mats as soon as it's here!

When you are ready I'll send a cone bit. I'm done using it. Gratis.

Next time use these,

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2022-06-08 at 8.11.54 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2022-06-08 at 8.11.54 AM.png
    94.2 KB · Views: 881
  • Screen Shot 2022-06-08 at 8.15.59 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2022-06-08 at 8.15.59 AM.png
    112.4 KB · Views: 881
tomjasz said:

Next time use these,

For my learning, what's the advantage of those style drill bits instead of a standard high speed tungsten drill bit? Do they leave cleaner holes?

Next time use these,

cool. Thanks.

Not sure where I will be. the guy don't want the trailer back or the boat but is willing to take me to motor vehicles to get it switched in my name. The tires have dry rot. Not even trying to tow it 400 miles. Looking at about 9 miles for $45 a month with tax to store it outside.

If my van is getting towed down I will take the Currie , Outlook with the dual Bafangs and the 20" bike with the 1,800W brushless motor. My LTOs and LIFEPO4 packs.

If I have to drive it , just the Outlook with the Bafangs and 12S LIFE , a backpack and a few clothes. That way if the van gets impounded I wont lose the bike as you cant get property in a vehicle unless you pay the impound and tow bills. I will then be e biking it the rest of the way. I will need plastic bags or a small tarp in case of rain.

NOT taking the FX motor or the 3 kilowatt brushless motor or the other e bikes , frames and parts. They will stay in storage until I sign a years lease somewhere. NOT dragging all my stuff all over the country. I am NOT trying to break down somewhere. That is when the new tires go on and I rent a newer vehicle that will allow me to tow with it.

I will need an address down there to get any mail or packages. Looking at $47 each from Amazon for 6 ply - 1,050 pound tires that will replace the 4 ply 780 pound tires that have dry rot. I will have to use my old rims though. I did not check shipping. I might find a good deal in a store down there. No good deals up here.

Thanks for posting.

LC. out.

Sunder said:
tomjasz said:

Next time use these,
For my learning, what's the advantage of those style drill bits instead of a standard high speed tungsten drill bit? Do they leave cleaner holes?

Sure you can buy a 3/4 in drill bit. But at what cost! But cone bits do a range of hole sizes. One bit replaces 4-8 bits.

tomjasz said:
Sunder said:
tomjasz said:

Next time use these,

Sure you can buy a 3/4 in drill bit. But at what cost! But cone bits do a range of hole sizes. One bit replaces 4-8 bits.

PM when you’re settled.

Thanks.

Will do.

LC. out.

Sunder said:
tomjasz said:

Next time use these,

In sheet metal. Yes cleaner holes. Careful to only drill the hole size you want. Easy to make a mistake and hole too big. Drill press works.

They called - Step Drill Bit

marty said:
Sunder said:
tomjasz said:

Next time use these,

In sheet metal. Yes cleaner holes. Careful to only drill the hole size you want. Easy to make a mistake and hole too big. Drill press works.

They called - Step Drill Bit

Thanks mate.

My local hardware store sells them. I might get one and give it a go on some scrap material. I don't drill sheet metal very much, but I do occasionally drill acrylic. Might see how they go on that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back