Onda Longa electric long board build

Where are you with this build looks good want to copy it

Found this on ebay

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Transmission-System-Electric-Conversion-Onda-Longa-Mammoth-Skateboard-Longboard-/191523909155?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&var=&hash=item2c97b6ee23

Yeah that ebay conversion kit is interesting option for the newer wooden Onda boards

I asked the seller a question but no reply.

Does anyone have any video's etc of that kit in action? Or a webpage? or what gearing to choose?

Torqueboards? anybody had their hands on this kit?

CSN said:
Yeah that ebay conversion kit is interesting option for the newer wooden Onda boards

I asked the seller a question but no reply.

Does anyone have any video's etc of that kit in action? Or a webpage? or what gearing to choose?

Torqueboards? anybody had their hands on this kit?

I was also looking at http://www.enertionboards.com/buy-build-your-own-electric-skateboard-parts/enertion-drive-cantilever-outrunner-longboard-motor-mount/ you think it will work its a clam and frictiion it shuld hold

Those are meant for Caliber trucks, which have a cross-section of about 18mm by 20mm, as well as one curved side on the longer dimension. Judging by the pics, your trucks look bigger than that.

Finalized the mounting brackets. I used a 3d printer for a test run, printing at 10%. It's mostly just a shell, but helps me see if I like the final results before I mill out the aluminum. Some small adjustments to the CAD file and I should be good to go.

Forgot to order the motor pulley and belt :roll:

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    70.9 KB · Views: 2,656
Got my ebay conversion kit from Greece

Better part of two months from order.

Here it is.

Looks good except for the lack of keyway slot in pulley wheels. I suppose there is a way to drill or file out a slot?

I was not sure about gearing so they included two 27 and 30 tooth pulley's and two diferent belts.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2015-05-01 at 14.33.34.jpg
    Screen Shot 2015-05-01 at 14.33.34.jpg
    77.4 KB · Views: 1,359
Try the transmission sytem and you will be ok for sure

Update. I helped my friend Wayne get his Onda Longa running. http://endless-sphere.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=35&t=69693&p=1058069#p1058069

Will start focusing on my build as soon as I get a VESC sent from Marcin, this will help accelerate the build since I was going to build one.

Finished the motor mounts, just waiting for the ESC from Marcin to arrive. In the meantime I've been having a lot of fun pushing the board around land paddling. It's a great workout so even with the board motorized, I will still take off the belt just for the upper body workout.

The push stick is out of 1" PVC pipe and a Kong ball for traction.

Motor mounts turned out great, just like the 3D print, very solid. Need to get the batteries ready.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    105.7 KB · Views: 2,223
Kfong -- I'm looking forward to your enclosure solution

I have an Onda Longa and Greece Ebay transmission but not built yet.

I hear you about the land paddling. It's great core and upper body training. It's perfect compliment exercise to E boarding.

I love how people look at me like I am a a barbarian or pirate when paddling around.

I use the Kong Extreme black rubber tips. I can get a few months before it wears out.

CSN said:
Kfong -- I'm looking forward to your enclosure solution

I have an Onda Longa and Greece Ebay transmission but not built yet.

I hear you about the land paddling. It's great core and upper body training. It's perfect compliment exercise to E boarding.

I love how people look at me like I am a a barbarian or pirate when paddling around.

I use the Kong Extreme black rubber tips. I can get a few months before it wears out.

Good to know, since my red one is starting to show wear.

I think the medium is 1 inch inner diameter. Can go bigger sized ones but adds to weight.

Lasts a long time but I rarely ever use it for braking.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2015-07-05 at 16.27.42.jpg
    Screen Shot 2015-07-05 at 16.27.42.jpg
    233.2 KB · Views: 2,139
I've been riding it around all summer, content just to push it around for the workout. Fall is here, so I will start on the conversion soon. If they go on sale, I might pick up another dedicated just for pushing around.

Back