Or how politics work for Currie

turkova

1 µW
Hi All,
I thought i would present myself as i found this magnificent forum," about all i wanted to know about electric bikes but were afraid to ask about"!
I started with a K-Mart bike the notorious Ezip trailz.
Its a good sturdy bike and after searching the net how to make it move more it up i decided to beef it up with a extra controller and a 12 volt sla so total 36 volt.
Works like a gem but .... wanted even more power.(I have been riding motorbikes all my life and have a Aprilia Falco)
Yes, yes, i know hop on your 120 horsepower mbike why bother with e-bikes?
:D Well its just so much fun on an E-bike i grew up in Holland were every soul has about four bikes so i am used to peddle and i like the fact that i burn some calories also.
Talking about burning this is the whole point of course i got another battery from our 24 volt lawnmower(why get a stinky when you can get a e-mower)
And this i really loved the torque and speed perfect for peddeling and strong enough to pull me uphill.
48 volt now hmmm.. getting warm yes and its even winter here oops so lets see just ride like an old grandma that works better
throttle peddle throttle etc.
Then i was smart enough to find myself a trailer to put behind the bike, o yes the kids love it two small ones about 40 kilos together plus the trailer 15 kilos total 55 kilos, lets pull this uphill on a sunday drive with the missus on the other ebike a chinese with a strange moped like frame she made it and i also till the middle of the very steep hill, "Daddy your bike is smoking!" :(
Oh No not now so this little work horse my1018 250watt seems to give up on me and has to see itself recycled soon as i dunno a toyata prius??

Well to stop mocking about the big question is which motor to use now, seems it has to be bigger than my old one.
As you can see the title says it all lets make a bike that for sure you cannot put a bigger motor on :twisted: :

1 what can mount on Ezip Trailz without having to by an engineer like a mister shumacher (beautiful stuff he makes BTW)
2 is a motor from the unite family a good option to use a 1020z, or 1020z3 or similar about 750 watt or more and can this fit an my standard Ezip Trailz mounting plate.
3 I have seen nice 750 watt currie scooter motors can i use these on my Ezip Trailz without replacing my wheel and mounting plate.
4 As i have a reduction gear on the 1018z motor standard.
5 or should i just get a hubmotor like a 408 c-lite or BMC etc.
6 I like to stay on a chain mount though

Btw i have seen a double motor config of a certain KURT that had this for sale $$ and this seems ok
but he doesn t seem to check his email (or doesnt want to sell)

So any one that can point me in the right direction !
Much apriciated

Back