Power loss

Kevin1963

1 W
Guys I need help

I've got a eMax 120 s imported 2010 but on a 63 plate, all has being well for a year with no issues at all and covered 2900 miles on silicon batteries so very happy until tonight when on my way home I felt as if the bike slowed or lost power for a moment and I released the throttle and then twisted it again and all was ok , anybody got any ideas ?.
Another question I'm not sure about is the micro switch on the brake levers, would I be correct in saying that when the bike is on the centre stand and I twist the throttle if I pressed either brake lever the motor should cut out ?, at the moment the rear brake lever stops the motor but the front brake lever does not stop the motor at all and I thought it did as all my other electric bike did.
Any help appreciated.

Thanks Kevin

Guys I need help

I've got a eMax 120 s imported 2010 but on a 63 plate, all has being well for a year with no issues at all and covered 2900 miles on silicon batteries so very happy until tonight when on my way home I felt as if the bike slowed or lost power for a moment and I released the throttle and then twisted it again and all was ok , anybody got any ideas ?.
Another question I'm not sure about is the micro switch on the brake levers, would I be correct in saying that when the bike is on the centre stand and I twist the throttle if I pressed either brake lever the motor should cut out ?, at the moment the rear brake lever stops the motor but the front brake lever does not stop the motor at all and I thought it did as all my other electric bike did.
Any help appreciated.

Thanks Kevin

Guys I need help

Any help appreciated.

Thanks Kevin

You'd have to check the connections, see if the switches are actually wired up to the controller, assuming the controller is designed to do that (many are, probably most). Then if the wiring and connections appear ok, you'd need to verify the switches actually work, using a multimeter, and also that the wiring actually makes connection from the switch to the controller.

(note that two of the three identical posts from the OP were moved to this first thread about the problem from other threads elsewhere on the forum).

Back