Powervelocity default settngs?

E-HP

10 GW
I have the 7kW Bluetooth Powervelocity controller:
http://powervelocity.com/home/48-18f-ebike-sinewavesilent-controller-android-ios-bluetooth-programmable-8kw.html

It's currently installed on my bike, running at 52V. I've tried a couple of phones, that will connect via Bluetooth, but the app will not read or write to the controller settings. Although the controller has an input voltage range of 36V-100V, it's running fine on 52V, without the ability to adjust the hi or lo voltage cutoffs, etc.

I bought this controller specifically so that I could run/test different voltage levels and the ability to make changes to field weakening and regen parameters. Like I mentioned, it's running fine at 52V, but now I'm concerned that if I can't solve the Bluetooth issue, that I'd run into problems using 60V or 72V, since I can't adjust those parameters.

Some controllers with auto-sense voltage and set the main cutoff values accordingly. I'm wondering if the PV controller has that type of firmware. It would still be a bummer to not be able to adjust the other parameters, but at least I'd be able to run the other voltages, and adjust what I can via the Cycle Analyst.

Is there a different version (even older ones) of the app you can try?

Is there a PC version of the app you can use to connect via USB-serial?

amberwolf said:
Is there a different version (even older ones) of the app you can try?

Is there a PC version of the app you can use to connect via USB-serial?

Based on the response so far on the PV forum, the module is an older version, that only works on an older version of the Android app. I'm trying to find out if the version is still available, so I can test it out with my Android tablet. Also trying to find out if I can upgrade the module and use the current app on IOS.

I would expect that PV would keep all the versions of the app around. If they don't, they're basically giving the finger to every customer they have, because as soon as they come out with a new app version that doesn't work on older units those customers are screwed if they either don't already have the old app, or if their phone/device autoupdates to the new version of the app (common for apps and devices), or they get a new phone/device and cant' use their old one anymore (dies, lost, etc).

So your first best bet is to get the old app from PV, and if they don't have it, ask for a refund or at least a free new module along with compensation for your time and risk disassembling your controller to install it (presumably it mounts inside?), so you can use the current version, along with a guarantee they'll keep providing free new modules every time they make new apps taht wont work with old modules.

Back