Programming ASI Bac 8000

Tony01 said:
no support really
Hence my suggestion to check out Martin.

Sevcon is the same, worse.

Nucular has a 1-year wait it seems and only one model.

So what do you reco for high-amp FOC with variable regen?

john61ct said:
Tony01 said:
no support really
Hence my suggestion to check out Martin.

Sevcon is the same, worse.

Nucular has a 1-year wait it seems and only one model.

So what do you reco for high-amp FOC with variable regen?

Martin is the best, but he can only give so much support. Since ASI is watching the location used with their usernames, he gives a password that you can only use for half an hour at a time, then you must delete it. Since he’s on the other side of the planet, setting a time for tuning can be difficult.

Nucular 24f is 6 months wait. The smaller nuculars are further out. I got one coming next week.

Can someone confirm if I'm right about BACDoor and remote programming. My understanding is that every ASI BAC controller can be programmed directly via the built-in serial port on the board. What's needed is a special USB cable that connects to the board. It can be easily purchased or just DIY'd.

The controllers also have an option of remote programming via the built-in Bluetooth module that is just a UART interface. The remote programming requires a special user/password from ASI given only to the OEMs. The password is only needed so the mobile BACDoor app can connect to the controller via Bluetooth. I think the password must be at the mobile app level, not at the BT->UART level in the controller. The controller is dumb though, it can't verify clients who connect to it via Serial port whether it's BT or directly the serial interface on the board though. My question to those who understand the BAC architecture better, is the built-in BT module just a BT->UART with no auth layer? If so if I create my own app I wouldn't need the special user/password from ASI?

Why couldn't I add a simple Serial -> BT extension to the board that exposes the onboard Serial port via BT to do remote programming without the ASI special password?

Sorry I haven't seen the ASI controller yet so I might be wrong about all this. Please correct me if you see any mistakes.

three14net said:
Can someone confirm if I'm right about BACDoor and remote programming.

Real late here but I can confirm you are correct. The modbus commands used for the physical serial connection e.g. In my open source display, also work when connected to the controller via Bluetooth. They actually use the same serial port on the board (e.g. Since I poll the physical port constantly via my display, using the Bluetooth mobile app simultaneously results in an error on one or the other).

Technically you can use a mobile terminal to connect to the controller and write parameters by just sending the right bytestrings from literally any smartphone. You could calculate these with a variety of online modbus tools based on the parameter address, read/write cmd, and value, keeping in mind the internal scaling used for non-integer values that's listed in the parameter dictionaries.

Does anyone have the 6.019 dictionary/firmware? I'm having an issue where I can't set control command source properly, have had similar issues before when I've had my controller replaced that were due to dictionary mismatch (even though the address of that particular parameter is the same in both...) ASI is being slow to respond.

Tony01 said:
Nucular 24f is 6 months wait. The smaller nuculars are further out.
Good to know, thanks

I though you can't even order the smaller ones anymore, Vasili focused on ramping up mass production on just the 24F these days?

Hello, does anyone if where it says In general configuration ‘’Battery current limit (% of rated battery current) Is that where you set the maximum battery amp drain?

Hello, everyone.
For some time now I have had the problem with the Asibac 800 that my performance will be reduced.
When I'm on the road to work with a distance of 11km and a continuous power of 1200 watts, this warning comes up for the first time after about 3km and the power is reduced to around 500watt
I can reset the whole thing, I turn the controller off and on again, then I have about 3-4 km of rest again.
But it's really annoying when I'm on the road, because my Supernova M99 Pro headlight then takes about 10 seconds to switch on.
Can you explain this warning to me and tell me what I can do to change it or switch it off.
Many thanks in advance

Attachments

• Screenshot_20211111_164901.jpg
    Screenshot_20211111_164901.jpg
    300.7 KB · Views: 885
Macmaxi said:
When I'm on the road to work with a distance of 11km and a continuous power of 1200 watts, this warning comes up for the first time after about 3km and the power is reduced to around 500watt
I can reset the whole thing, I turn the controller off and on again, then I have about 3-4 km of rest again.
But it's really annoying when I'm on the road, because my Supernova M99 Pro headlight then takes about 10 seconds to switch on.
Can you explain this warning to me and tell me what I can do to change it or switch it off.

I2t (current squared * time) is a method of cutback based on a parameters that you can adjust. 1200W continuous is a lot for a 800W rated controller, though. So, keep in mind you run a higher risk of overheating your controller if you adjust these.
i2t.png

Screenshot_20211112_004947_com.eggbikes.EggRider.jpg

Hello PaulD
and thank you for your interest in helping me.
I already know that the Bac 800 actually means 800 watts.
But I see no reason that he can no longer. A friend charged him with 3000 watts in his Grace one and nothing broke.

I actually have the engine temperature and the controller temperature constantly in view IF I want to and the controller temperature has always been around 40 degrees so far, there is still a lot of air ?!
Perhaps my current settings do not match or are too sensitive. Unfortunately, I don't know my way around Asi, which is difficult to program. I also added settings from the Asi from the Bacdoor.
I once attached a tour recording from the Eggrider as you can see the performance values. Display temp stands for the controller.
Would be great if you could tell me what to do.
Or do you fall directly on my entire Asi
Programming for this I need this also attached.Screenshot_20211112_004957_com.eggbikes.EggRider.jpgScreenshot_20211112_003612_com.accel_droid.asi.bacdoor.jpgView attachment Asibac800 12.11.xml

Hi there, this thread is confusing, but also the right place to start, I am planning on buying a BAC 800 controller, I need to program it, i.e. tune it and also preferably program it for a sensorless start, since my bike hall sensors are dead. I don't even know where to start. Is there an equivalent to the phaserunner suite, I see some screenshots from some kind of programming environment, where can I download it. Is there a manual for it?

Andrew

Hello everybody,
Wanted to go for a ride today and all of a sudden my bike won’t move. Does Anyone know what could be the issue that I don’t have a throttle? Also the bac 8000 is blinking.

Allongold said:
Hello everybody,
Wanted to go for a ride today and all of a sudden my bike won’t move. Does Anyone know what could be the issue that I don’t have a throttle? Also the bac 8000 is blinking.

Which error code is it blinking (for example 2 flashes, then 4 flashes) ?

Back