Quality Programmable Sine Wave Controller?

rg12 said:
jpacadd said:
So what does everyone use? Why isn't phaserunner in the convo or did I miss it? I'm about to start my second build, 2009 Giant Trance X4 bought. First build is 52V BBSHD and I'm trying to decide what to do with the next build, which obviously has to be faster than the first...

Phaserunner is a rewrap version of ASI BAC500 or BAC350, they just designed a different case for it and for ASI I did cover them in the intial message of this thread.

I inferred that the phaserunner used the ASI PCB but with their own component selections and maybe firmware/software, not sure. Also seem to be remembering the phaserunner and cycle analyst working together while was there a different UI for the ASI? I'm not sure I'm still trying to study it all in order to decide.

eee291 said:
http://www.eastgem.net/deco-b.html

This one has a nice UI :banana:

Not a single important spec shown on the page though.. I dug around a bit :D

specs:
- 85A rated, 275A max, 15kW max seems to be the basic numbers. for the deco 275.
- 15kW max power points at max current is actually about 200A at 75V.
- max phase about 350A
- erpm max 6000 rpm for 6pole motor
(i guess they really mean 6 pole pairs, erpm limit either 18000 which is almost unuseable or 36000 which is ok, a common 12slot14pole could then be driven to 5140 rpm, QS 138 70H mid motor to 7200rpm
Nothing for the RC crowd :D

(according to this:https://electrotransport.ru/ussr/index.php?PHPSESSID=7ldgj87gl9l4pf8s8pr93o4l26&topic=55093.0;all)

manual:View attachment 1
Link to Program: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1LUBwoPOXFEBnkbFvxWNqT-V0QSlevBcU/view?usp=sharing

there are higher power options:

Prices from Denzel in the russian thread, shipping included
DECO-500: 600 USD
DECO-700: 730 USD

Thanks for the free research :lol:
But seriously, you could use this controller for cars.
It has a nice interface for it, imagine a mini computer USB stick and a radio with a screen in the middle.
Time to start saving some money :mrgreen:

larsb said:
eee291 said:
http://www.eastgem.net/deco-b.html

This one has a nice UI :banana:

Not a single important spec shown on the page though.. I dug around a bit :D

specs:
- 85A rated, 275A max, 15kW max seems to be the basic numbers. for the deco 275.
- 15kW max power points at max current is actually about 200A at 75V.
- max phase about 350A
- erpm max 6000 rpm for 6pole motor
(i guess they really mean 6 pole pairs, erpm limit either 18000 which is almost unuseable or 36000 which is ok, a common 12slot14pole could then be driven to 5140 rpm, QS 138 70H mid motor to 7200rpm
Nothing for the RC crowd :D

(according to this:https://electrotransport.ru/ussr/index.php?PHPSESSID=7ldgj87gl9l4pf8s8pr93o4l26&topic=55093.0;all)

manual:eng-manual-v1.pdf
Link to Program: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1LUBwoPOXFEBnkbFvxWNqT-V0QSlevBcU/view?usp=sharing

there are higher power options:
Skärmavbild 2020-01-04 kl. 10.48.02.png
Prices from Denzel in the russian thread, shipping included
DECO-500: 600 USD
DECO-700: 730 USD

Later on I found this info too but also noticed that from a year ago post in their facebook they said that ALL the models in the list you provided are for AC motors so maybe only the one in the link of this thread is BLDC (the 275 model).

What I worry about is super complex UI with chinese support.
That's why I hate ASI they are "Canadian" but built in China and the support you get is from this Alan Hu guy who gives you typical horrible chinese support experience.
Did you see the youtube vid showing the interface? they have a billion settings in there and there is no chance you won't run into issues with so much to set and you are guaranteed to get zero support from a seller who writes all the irrelevant info about the controller in the page that supposed to sell it.
Why don't they freaking start with voltage range and amps :evil:

I didn’t see so many advanced parameters, PID tuning off course can be tricky but the rest fairly standard stuff.

they call them deco A and deco B controllers so there are two different lines. I asked eastgem for some additional info, let's see what they get back with. I'm afraid that you are correct and that only the low power ones 65,75 and 85 nominal current versions exist for BLDC.

seems every chinese company would double their sales if they got an american sales and PR manager, they are totally incompetent :D

larsb said:
I didn’t see so many advanced parameters, PID tuning off course can be tricky but the rest fairly standard stuff.

they call them deco A and deco B controllers so there are two different lines. I asked eastgem for some additional info, let's see what they get back with. I'm afraid that you are correct and that only the low power ones 65,75 and 85 nominal current versions exist for BLDC.

seems every chinese company would double their sales if they got an american sales and PR manager, they are totally incompetent :D

Haha, the last line you wrote is golden!
Whenever I see a well written manual and exceptionally good service then I rather pay twice the price then risk my business name by saving money and getting shit product.

The Deco controller for $275 is a steal but i'm still wary of reliability and performance until I see video testimonials from actual users. Only reference is the alex guliyant guy on youtube and most of the bikes he posts still use the kelly controllers?? Are these new controllers made in-house to keep costs down?

I bought several motors in the past from this Alex Guliyant from eastgem.net without any issue, so I decided to give a try to the deco-M+D9000 motor kit and placed and order in October. I received my controller+motor about a month later, but without the windows software that should comes with it. The motor spins, but I can't modify any settings...

The hardware looks good. I still haven't received any answer from Alex Guliyant even after sending him several e-mails requesting the software. The controller comes with a removable serial USB output for programming like most other Chinese controller.

I tried the google drive software link provided by Larsb, but the version is only compatible with asynchronous motors . So I'm still not able to configure it for my BLDC... some signals are coming in and are shown on the nice QT interface thought.

Update:
Alex is responding quite fast on the russian forum:
https://electrotransport.ru/ussr/index.php?topic=55093.72

He sent me the link for the DECO-M 275A - BLDC controller:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/19kG2g7ahNc_ug7tmaA2iGrPMrpGhrnDQ/view

IDK y you guys all say Kelly's are weak... My Kelly Keb will put me on my ass on demand with the little qs motor. 10 solid horses on datalog and 101.5 A current. 7,990w out this lil thang. Rated 3.3 kw. 600 miles plus of tire disappearing magic.

Oh well, I got me a 132v Lyen 244115 now to play with. I know I'm not " up to y'all's level" but at least I'll post actual datalogs. Direct acceleration time to speed on a graph for both with similar currents.

I bet you are using weak 18650 packs.. or something was wrong. IDK. I have not spent much on the thing. Lol. My Kelly kicks ass, imo. 8 kw, 10 horsepower. Logged. 85.6v, 1 cell per string, 1.2 mOh / cell. Can't do full throttle roll on under 15 mph. Godspeed's lol.

Do you happen to have a hub motor? Low kV? Going slow? On a bike? It would explain your torque and kelly satisfaction :wink:

QS 3000W mid motor needs about 6x the current of most hubs to reach the full torque potential. Never tried a KEB, never will.

What's a low Kv to you? Yeah relativity slow mph hub. 8.5 Kv. Ty for the experience I know you guys been doing it for years lol... But it's the age old question... What good is out there....? Like the op asks.

kV for my motor is 60 so in fact 7x higher current is needed than for this hub, with my gearing it’s scaled down to about 2x.

I’ve recommended Votols but i might withdraw this. Seems the newer ones could be restricted in a stupid way.

Back