Question between 3t and 3.5t

Hi I am new here so any advice with forums and stuff welcomed. So here is my dilemma, I am building a e-bike which will be 630amp continuous 58.8ah tied to a speed controller that can max do 600amp and 1200phase amps. I am torn between if I do 3.5t or 3t with a qs273 19 inch wheel which will be running statorade and heat sinks. My old 150amp 3.5t set up was fun but I want higher top speed but I don’t want to lose too much torque. Would 3t be okay for this set up or would the torque lost vs a 3.5t be very noticeable?

You can compensate for lost torque by increasing phase amps.
Lowering turn count increases speed but also increases amps required to accelerate at the same rate as a motor with higher turn count.

You can compensate for lost torque by increasing phase amps.
Lowering turn count increases speed but also increases amps required to accelerate at the same rate as a motor with higher turn count.
Right my old bike was only 150amp with flux weakening 50 but 69mph this bike will be 600amp so I imagine if anything I will have more torque than old set up even with a 3t vs 3.5t cause that is roughly 2x the power yes?

600A is pretty crazy for a bike, and the 3t motor theoretically has more current carrying capacity, so it should overheat slower.

Back