• Howdy! we're looking for donations to finish custom knowledgebase software for this forum. Please see our Funding drive thread

Reention 505 batteries with higher volts

neos

100 mW
Does anyone know if there is a manufacturer who build Reention 505 compatible (case, connectors) batteries with high capacities (21Ah) and higher volts (60V, 72V)?
Would the case even be suitable for this?

Looks like the Reention 505 battery case takes 52 cells

If upping the voltage to 60V (16S) that would mean only 16S3P would fit.

If upping the voltage to 72V (20S) that would mean only 20S2P would fit

While that is technically doable, i suspect trying to fit a higher voltage BMS in that case may be a challenge.

Plus, once you lower the number of parallel strings, you reduce the number of amps you can safely run through those cells.
Maybe with some Samsung 30Q or Samsung 25R in 2P configuration your could have maybe 30amps (Still pushing the freindship though!)

I have only ever seen higher than 52V in a jumbo hailong case (78 cells i think?)

Grin sell a 72V Jumbo Hailong but they are only 9.5AH and 7.5AH. And using 21700 cells in 2P
https://www.ebikes.ca/shop/electric-bicycle-parts/batteries/b7208li-dt.html

Good luck - let us know if you find anything. I did a quick search and came up empty

As it seems the only option would be a bigger or higher case that would be mechanical compatible with the
bracket in the frame. Unfortunately most bikes that use this battery have only 300W motors.
Therefore the marked for such a battery would be probably too small.

Back