• Howdy! we're looking for donations to finish custom knowledgebase software for this forum. Please see our Funding drive thread

Regenerative Braking resolved.

Simonvtr

100 W
After testing my mxus 6t and 12fet lyen controller I took everything apart and now my regenerative brake does not work when I am going forward after I mounted everything and cleaned up my cables.
If I push the recumbent backward and engage the regenerative braking it will stop but not when I push it forward. Could my hall or phase cause the R.brakes to only work going backward?
My recumbent goes forward when I hit the throttle but no Regen Braking.

Please help me :(

This morning I disconnected all the phase and hall wires and plugged them in matching to colors like when I first started.
phase b/b, g/g, y/y and same goes for hall wires
Turn on the system and I get a noise spin but going in the right direction and my Regen Braking works again going the correct direction.
Fellowing this flow chart to correct the noise spin

c3eca79079.jpg

I went to the right chart.
Motor spins smooth but rotation is wrong.
Regen Braking does not work spinning clockwise but if I manually spin the wheel counter clockwise regen braking is working.

Moving to the next step in the bubble bottom right.
After Swapping the hall and phase wires the motor spins smooth and in the counter clockwise or correct rotation but now regen braking is not working only if I spin the wheel manually clockwise.

I don't know what else to do at this point.

Whichever set, halls or phases, is harder to swap, change 2...any 2...only 2. Then go find the right combination of the remaining 5 possible of the easier to swap set. While swapping just change 2 at a time, which helps be methodical.

Every hall combo has one valid phase combo, and every phase combo has one valid hall combo. This results in 6 valid combos, 3 forward and 3 reverse. Swapping just 2 of either always changes direction, but you have to find the right combo to go with it.

You currently have a C-B-A firing sequence, which since it goes in a circle is the same as B-A-C and A-C-B. Swapping just 2 of either set gets you on an A-B-C firing order for forward, since B-C-A and C-A-B are all the same thing.

My light bulb moment was when I found out that with sensorless 3 phase motors to change direction you simply swap any 2 phase wires. The same is true for sensored, and you can swap 2 halls instead as well, but then for either you have to go find the corresponding correct combo of the other set.

John in CR said:
Whichever set, halls or phases, is harder to swap, change 2...any 2...only 2. Then go find the right combination of the remaining 5 possible of the easier to swap set. While swapping just change 2 at a time, which helps be methodical.

Every hall combo has one valid phase combo, and every phase combo has one valid hall combo. This results in 6 valid combos, 3 forward and 3 reverse. Swapping just 2 of either always changes direction, but you have to find the right combo to go with it.

You currently have a C-B-A firing sequence, which since it goes in a circle is the same as B-A-C and A-C-B. Swapping just 2 of either set gets you on an A-B-C firing order for forward, since B-C-A and C-A-B are all the same thing.

My light bulb moment was when I found out that with sensorless 3 phase motors to change direction you simply swap any 2 phase wires. The same is true for sensored, and you can swap 2 halls instead as well, but then for either you have to go find the corresponding correct combo of the other set.

Hi John

Can you explain in more detail what do you mean?
I am a noob at ebike and just followed the chart and instructions.
I have a mxus 6t I believe its a sensor motor right?
I've read about making sure you fire in the correct sequence. But the whole ABC BCA CAB coding just confuse me.
Do I mark the wires ABC on the controller end?
How can I tell if I have the correct phase/hall combo?
I thought making it run smooth and in the correct direction is all I need to do?
Are there combos that runs smooth but slow or faster?

Back