Reviving LiPo 13S pack

JIMMY_J

10 mW
Previous thread was too cluttered so ill start new:

BIke is an Electric Motion EM 5.7 trials motorbike
Pack is 13S no parallel 25AH LiPo

Since I bought it used the charger would click off during charging and need to be re started 1-7 times to obtain full charge

At some point the charger wouldn’t start at all and the pack was left at a low state for a few months. when tested the cells were reading 2v / cell (using a multimeter that rounds to nearest volt)

I charged each cell individually at .5A up too approx 3.5V Using an old analog charger

put the pack back together and charged to 4.05V using the charger that wasn’t working by bypassing the contactor and removing the BMS

Used jumpers to connect it to the bike on a stand and put load on the pack to see if it would explode (it didn’t)

Here is a video of all that:
https://youtu.be/Uo2qpknPS4M

I understand that LiPo can be volatile after over discharge so I am taking precautions.

Is there a point where this pack could be considered safe ? After charge and load cycles , other tests ?
The charger works when connected right to the battery what was stopping it previously ? The cable runs through a doughnut CT then through a contactor (both are connected to the BMS)

Any advice on how to troubleshoot the BMS contactor or CT ? I was thinking about buying a speeding Neptune 20 for better cell info and to rule out the BMS

Back