Rewinding 9C Motor

mystamo

10 mW
Hey Guys!

So I'm going to be rewinding a 9C motor. It's one of the older ones not sure exactly which, but it has 63 teeth on the Stator and 56 Teeth on the Rotor. It's wound AaABbBCcCAaA.... with 6 Strands 6 Turns.

I want to do a silly slow wind so I'm going with 14T. Now my question is.. Does it matter how the coils line up wrt to the Halls? As I am aware the halls are independent of the coils and are spaced wrt the magnet rings. So essentially any starting position for my wind should work. I've got it so the outer two halls are going CCW on a and b on the hall teeth and the centre hall sees CW AB on the two side by side Teeth with hall in centre..

Is this right?

Here is a picture of the motor before I started. I'm done 2 phases now. Going to terminate in WYE.

I'm not sure sure how to answer your questions but please document this closely , I am curious myself in how to wind a 9C.

Yes it matters how the coils line up with the halls. Lets say you're doing a silly rewind where you move all your coils over by three teeth. Phase a is now where b used to be etc. In this case it's easy to see that the way the halls must be connected to the controller is different. So yes, how the coils line up with the halls is important...

The hall placement is actually dependent on the coil positions and not on the magnets.

Thanks guys!

I actually watched that video before I started.. It helped me a lot. I've wound a lot of RC motors in the past before but found it quite challenging to wind this motor up.

I started using the technique from the women in the videos and it sped things up a whole lot! I staggered my nomex papers and would in the same fashion make a loop using two hands and slid it over the staggered nomex. It's almost kind of like knitting something when you get into the groove (Okay so I know how to knit... so what.. :p)

However, no one really did answer my questions tho. Anyone have an actual start point for the phases so I'm in line with the stock 9C setup? 63T 56P

Mo

Just start your first phase coil next to a sensor, and move away with AaA winding. Sensors are placed between each phase.

Back